FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler

LT: Hairston

LG: Levitre

C: Wood

RG: Urbik

RT: Pears

WR1: S. Johnson

WR2: D. Jones - I believe Hagan can fight for this spot but will ultimately come down to D. Jones once again (deep speed). I'd love the Bills to grab Hill in the draft (tall, speedy guy).

DE: M. Williams

DT: Dareus

DT: K. Williams

DE: Kelsay - I think Kelsay will beat out fragile Merriman.

OLB: Barnett

MLB: Sheppard

OLB: Morrison - I question this move. I'd still like the Bills to consider someone younger and quicker but I have faith in the coach decision.

CB: A. Williams

CB: D. Florence

FS: Byrd

SS: G. Wilson

K: Lindell

P: Moorman

Other quick notes:

*I FEAR McKelvin whenever he's on the field. His coverage skills are questionable and his KR/PR hands are god awful.

*Donald Jone's hands are also terrible. I counted two interceptions when the ball bounced off his hands. Was there more?

*Roosevelt should see an increased role in 4/5 wide sets. I love this kid.

Edited by Frostbelt City

Thanks for posting

My biggest worries are:

* LEFT TACKLE!!!

* No legit #2 WR

* Lack of a lockdown corner

* Lack of overall depth

Kelsay is clearly the weak link on a four man front but few teams have superstars across their D-Line. Finding a bookend to play opposite of Mario wouldn't be a priority to me.

Thanks for posting

My biggest worries are:

* LEFT TACKLE!!!

* No legit #2 WR

* Lack of overall depth

Kelsay is clearly the weak link on a four man front but few teams have superstars across their D-Line. Finding a bookend to play opposite of Mario wouldn't be a priority to me.

Honestly in our offensive system... Fitz releases the ball so damn fast that any left tackle that we have is going to look like a star according to profootballfocus.com :thumbsup:

Edited by Frostbelt City

QB: Fitzpatrick

RB: Jackson, Spiller

FB: McIntyre

TE: Chandler

LT: Hairston

LG: Levitre

C: Wood

RG: Urbik

RT: Pears

WR1: S. Johnson

WR2: D. Jones - I believe Hagan can fight for this spot but will ultimately come down to D. Jones once again (deep speed). I'd love the Bills to grab Hill in the draft (tall, speedy guy).

- I think it may be Marcus Easley if he can stay healthy

DE: M. Williams

DT: Dareus

DT: K. Williams

DE: Kelsay - I think Kelsay will beat out fragile Merriman. competing for starting spot with Dwan Edwards

OLB: Barnett

MLB: Sheppard

OLB: Morrison - I question this move. I'd still like the Bills to consider someone younger and quicker but I have faith in the coach decision.

CB: A. Williams

CB: D. Florence

3rd CB: Terrance McGee

FS: Byrd

SS: G. Wilson

K: Lindell

P: Moorman

Other quick notes:

*I FEAR McKelvin whenever he's on the field. His coverage skills are questionable and his KR/PR hands are god awful.

*Donald Jone's hands are also terrible. I counted two interceptions when the ball bounced off his hands. Was there more?

*Roosevelt should see an increased role in 4/5 wide sets. I love this kid.

Edited by BB-Gun

Who is going to play RDE? It's the premium pass rushing position on the defense and the Bills have bupkis there.

Kelsay is an average LDE so it's unlikely that he will look better against the offense's premium lineman. Merriman is the best hope but he will be lucky to last 4 games. Carrington hasn't shown anything to this point. Right now it looks like LDE by committee with Carrington / Johnson playing on rushing downs and Kelsay / Merriman coming in on passing downs. That doesn't fill me with confidence. They still need to think about drafting a RDE prospect.

The Bills also need a starting WR and a legitimate LT prospect. I see these as the top three picks in the draft, in whatever order.

I think you're going way overboard regarding mckelvin. Give him a pass rush and I believe he'll be a decent cb. I don't think he'll ever live up to his draft position or his ability, but I think he can be a solid player in this league, as a cb and a Kr

Thanks for posting

My biggest worries are:

* LEFT TACKLE!!!

* No legit #2 WR

* Lack of overall depth

If this isn't the draft order, I would be very shocked. I would only add that LB depth should be addressed in Round 4. Then overall depth.

I think that As of right now there is no real concern with the salary cap and the Bills are in great position to really improve the depth through the draft.

Here is the opening day roster as far as I can see it:

QB- Ryan Fitzpatrick: not going anywhere this season

QB2- Tyler Thigpen: Has firm grip on #2 job, It would be nice to see some added competition for this spot

QB3- Brad Smith: Love him as the 3rd QB/extra WR

RB- Fred Jackson: Hoping for extension, not going anywhere

RB2- CJ Spiller: Not going anywhere

RB3- Johnny White: should make team

RB4-

FB- Corey McIntire: Not going anywhere

WR- Steve Johnson: Not going anywhere

WR- Donald Jones: Not going anywhere

WR- David Nelson: Not going anywhere

WR- Marcus Easley: should make team

WR- 5 or 6 man competition, currently Derek Hagan leads list

TE- Scott Chandler: Not going anywhere

TE2- Lee Smith: Not going anywhere

TE3- Mike Caussin: don't expect him to make team but will if nobody else is brought in

OT- Chris Hairston: Not going anywhere

OT- Eric Pears: Not going anywhere

OT- Sam Young: Should make team

OT- Levitre is a possibility if all else fails

G- Andy Levitre: hoping for extension, not going anywhere

G/C- Keith Urbik: Not going anywhere

G- Chad Rinehart: Not going anywhere

G- Michael Jasper: should make practice squad, roster possibility, if loses enough weight may become developemental Tackle due to size/athletic ability

G/C- Colin Brown: should make team

C/G- Eric Wood: Not going anywhere

C- no true backup, but urbik played well there as well as brown

DE- Mario Williams: Not going anywhere

DE- Mark Anderson: Not going anywhere

DE- Chris Kelsay: Not going anywhere

DE- Alex Carrington: Not going anywhere

DE- Shawn Merriman: could be considered OLB, Not going anywhere

DT- Marcel Dareus: Not going anywhere

DT- Kyle Williams: Not going anywhere

DT- Dwan Edwards: Not going anywhere

DT- Torell Troup: should make team

DT- Kellen Heard: Not going anywhere

DT- Spencer Johnson: last year of deal, overpaid depth player, may make team, first or second to get cut if big space is needed

LB- Nick Barnett: Not going anywhere

LB- Kelvin Sheppard: Not going anywhere

LB- Shawn Merriman: Could be considered DE/ Not going anywhere

LB- Kirk Morrison: Not going anywhere

LB- Chris White: should make team

LB- Bryan Scott: Also a safety, Not going anywhere

LB- Arthur Moats: Not expecting him or any of the rest of the guys to make the team due to switch

LB-

CB- Aaron Williams: Not going anywhere

CB- Drayton Florence: Not going anywhere

CB- Terrence McGee: Not going anywhere

CB- Justin Rogers: Not going anywhere

CB- Leodis McKelvin: last year of deal, overpaid depth player, may make team, first or second to cut cut if big space is needed

CB-

FS- Jairus Byrd: Hoping for contract extension, not going anywhere

SS- George Wilson- Not going anywhere

S- DaNorris Searcy- Not going anywhere

S- Bryan Scott- could be also considered a LB, not going anywhere

K- Rian Lindell- Not going anywhere

P- Brian Moorman- Not going anywhere

LS- Garrison Sanborn- Not going anywhere

There will be plenty of room made when they cut the guys that don't fit the new defense. If they are close to the cap during the draft they should be ok.

Guys that are probably going to be cut this year(some will make practice squad): Danny Batten, Lionel Dotson, Kamar Aiken, Cordero Howard, Joshua Nesbit, Jarron Gilbert, Prince Miller, Fendi Onobun, Jake Vermiglio, Jay Ross, Kyle Moore, David Clowney, and Keith Williams

Guys that I think might get cut AFTER they replace them with someone better in the draft or they lose a competition in camp: Spencer Johnson, Leodis McKelvin, Tyler Thigpen, Torrel Troup, Arthur Moats, Robert Eddins, Scott McKillop, Ruvell Martin, Colin Brown, Mike Caussin, Derek Hagan, and Naman Roosevelt

Longshots to be cut but it could happen are: Dwan Edwards, Chris Kelsay, Corey McIntyre, Marcus Easley, Johnny White, and Chris White

The 9-10 holes on the team in no particular order are as followed: 2nd string QB, 3rd/4th RB, True #1 or #2 WR, 2nd or 3rd TE, True LT, backup C, 2 OLB, and 1 or 2 CB. If I were in the front office I would try to form a plan to get good players at all of these positions on draft day. For every luxury pick that they make on draft day, they will have to settle with keeping a weakness or signing a free agent to fill the spot... I'm fine with the team depth at G/C but I think a solid center prospect would be a good addition. Flame away flamers!

Edited by DreamOnDan

Dwan Edwards is a long shot?...how bout most likely

I disagree, why would they cut him? Perhaps over Spencer Johnson? Dwan started over him at DE, he provides great depth across the entire front 4. When they were in a 4 man front he was lined up next to dareus. He does all the dirty stuff very well and he should be an axcellent 3 technique DT. The way I see things, he is not even in the conversation other than on this board for some reason.. It doesn't make sense to me. If they didn't have Johnson to cut, and they had someone better than Edwards, I might think that they could possibly for some unknown reason keep Troupe or Heard over him but I don't see that happening... This team is building it up through the D-line and Edwards is under contract through 2013. Please make sense of this statement I see from so many posters???

I disagree with the "true #1 receiver" bit. I think Stevie is our main man for a while. I also am pretty sure that Moats is going to make it. He played well when at outside linebacker and now we have ample reason to put him there.

What I meant was that I think they need a guy to start. Consider Stevie what you want, I said the whole time that He was our #1 while Lee did nothing but some people called Lee the #1. Bottom Line is the starters are considered the #1/#2 guys, and I think that they could use someone to start and I love the depth... I'd like to see Moats make it, I like him. I just don't see a fit at OLB and no room at DE

Edited by DreamOnDan

I noticed 6 DTs when I bet we carry no more than 4 on the active roster. Williams, Dareus, and Troup will probably be our 1st 3, and Heard or Price our #4. I like Johnson, but not as a backup at his salary.

I disagree, why would they cut him? Perhaps over Spencer Johnson? Dwan started over him at DE, he provides great depth across the entire front 4. When they were in a 4 man front he was lined up next to dareus. He does all the dirty stuff very well and he should be an axcellent 3 technique DT. The way I see things, he is not even in the conversation other than on this board for some reason.. It doesn't make sense to me. If they didn't have Johnson to cut, and they had someone better than Edwards, I might think that they could possibly for some unknown reason keep Troupe or Heard over him but I don't see that happening... This team is building it up through the D-line and Edwards is under contract through 2013. Please make sense of this statement I see from so many posters???

To me, it is a matter of numbers, roster spots, age, and money. I don't see how they keep Edwards, although he is a decent player and could easily play DT in a 4-3. At almost 4 million a year, I just don't see the snaps for him to make it worth it. To me, it's the difference between playing Mark Anderson 7 mil a year or 4 mil a year by releasing Edwards (and then having to pay another back-up role player at another position, like, say, Derek Hagan, 1 mil).

Mario and Anderson are sure things at end. Kelsay and Merriman are sure things at end (if only because Merriman's money is almost all guaranteed now).

Kyle and Dareus are sure things at DT. To me, both Troup and Carrington are sure things because of their age, potential, draft spot, Nix guys and low money. Troup will play DT and Carrington is valuable as either DT/DE. I also think Spencer Johnson is almost a sure thing because he has versatility too. It's possible Heard would get the nod over him to save another 3 mil. But with Johnson, that's 9 defensive linemen which I think are making a total of 54 mil this year (I saw that figure from another source).

Add 4 for Edwards and it's 58 mil, without a true position to play. Even without Anderson I considered Edwards on the bubble. Carrington is going to get some snaps. With his and Spencer Johnson's ability to play both inside and outside, and I also expect Mario to play a little inside on passing downs if Merriman has anything left in the tank, I think Edwards is something we do not need and cannot afford and his 4 million would be wisely spent elsewhere.

I noticed 6 DTs when I bet we carry no more than 4 on the active roster. Williams, Dareus, and Troup will probably be our 1st 3, and Heard or Price our #4. I like Johnson, but not as a backup at his salary.

Why do you think that there will only be 4 DT? I assume there will without any doubt be 5. I wish I had as much faith in Troup as you. I see Edwards as LIGHTYEARS ahead of all of the other guys...

Why do you think that there will only be 4 DT? I assume there will without any doubt be 5. I wish I had as much faith in Troup as you. I see Edwards as LIGHTYEARS ahead of all of the other guys...

I see us carrying 4DTs (Williams, Dareus, Troup, Heard), 4 DEs (Anderson, Williams, Merriman, and a draft pick), and a swingman, that being Carrington. An yes, Edwards is light years ahead of them, especially in salary.