Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

I think Stephen Hill is one of those players that, while most draft websites don't have rated very high, most NFL teams do have him rated very high.

A side note, I watched video of his workout and Nix was in every frame in the background.

As much as I'd like the Bills to draft Luke Kuechly (probable BPA) right now, I would be very happy with them picking Stephen Hill at #10. He looks like he has Moss and Johnson kind of talent. He seems like a solid kid who will work hard to reach his potential. I'm sure with so many connections there at Tech, the Bills have a good read on this player. Sub 4.4 speed, 39 inch vertical jump, 6'4" height...wow!

http://beargoggleson.com/2012/03/08/wr-prospect-stephen-hill-draws-interest-from-bears/

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With woods injury history, I at the very least want a guy who can back him up, so were not scrambling for a center, or moving starters around.

Nix already said he's not interested in interior OL - the same time he said they were going to be aggressive in FA this year and most of you ignored him.

He said they need help at OT, that they can take an OT and move him inside if they have to, and they need a 2nd WR to go with Stevie. It makses sense - the team really started the collapse when both Bell and Hairson went down and they had to start moving Levitre all over the place.

They're going with either OLT or WR depending on who falls to them. Mark it down.

As for Hill - he's skyrocketed up the draft analysts' boards since the combine, for what it's worth. I think Mayock has him at #3 WR. Seems a little nuts for such a small body of work in college but his workout was pretty amazing.

Nix already said he's not interested in interior OL - the same time he said they were going to be aggressive in FA this year and most of you ignored him.

He said they need help at OT, that they can take an OT and move him inside if they have to, and they need a 2nd WR to go with Stevie. It makses sense - the team really started the collapse when both Bell and Hairson went down and they had to start moving Levitre all over the place.

They're going with either OLT or WR depending on who falls to them. Mark it down.

As for Hill - he's skyrocketed up the draft analysts' boards since the combine, for what it's worth. I think Mayock has him at #3 WR. Seems a little nuts for such a small body of work in college but his workout was pretty amazing.

Teams tend to draft an interior O lineman every year at some point in the draft. And a late 5th round pick, is hardly a sizable investment.

Uhh lol Stephen Hill at 10 isn't going to be a Bill just because of his measurables. Nice try though. But stick to your day job.

Georgia Tech recievers have a tendency to guy higher than expected. Johnson was kind of a suprise going to the Lions, especially after they had taken Rodgers,Williams, and Williams. Thomas was IIRC a late first, early second rounder. And Hill is cut from the exact same mold.

Lets work on sentences, before we get into the advanced stuff.

well if your going to be bashing people, I will hop in...no need for the comma in that sentence, remove comma and you have a complete sentence.

aside from English writing lessons, I like Hill as a project, but definately NOT with the 10 pick

with a trade down to around 20 i can see hill. @ 10.......

That's about right according to Walter Football

Great Blue North ranks him as the 28th overall prospect.

He looks like a first round draft choice, but he would be quite a reach at 10. I doubt he'll be around when the Bills draft in the 2nd. He looked really good at the combine, but his college production wasn't that great because Georgia Tech was a running team.

Uhh lol Stephen Hill at 10 isn't going to be a Bill just because of his measurables. Nice try though. But stick to your day job.

I agree. It would be a "Maybin pick". Nix wants to see a good resume, not a good combine.

Micheal Floyd actually has the production though to go with the talent, height and speed. I would feel MUCH more comfortable picking Floyd at 10. I think you can trade down and get Hill at around 20. I would think stock piling up on some assets would be a wiser decision instead of reaching for a guy that may or may not produce with a 2-3rd grade.

with a trade down to around 20 i can see hill. @ 10.......

Agreed. If we trade down I see Mercilus as the pick. I think they are smart going after a receiver that doesn't need the learning curve. I could bring back Evans, he is just as good as anyone else out there on FA at the moment. Glad we didn't get Meacham..too many drops.

Im not against picking Hill, but certainly not in the first round. He is not a polished route runner by any means. He would be better off sitting for a year, not being an immediate #2. Also, he had no production in college at all. I understand he ran in a goofy offense, but if youre that good, the team would get you the ball more. You can get good receivers in any round. Taking such a risk at such a high point in the draft is too risky for my blood. id personally rather snag an OT or CB, and see if hill is there in the third. Or just take floyd.

I can see this happening, however I would trade down in the first round to make this happen if we could find a trade partner. Georgia Tech's offensive style currently is not exactly wide receiver friendly when it comes to posting big numbers on the national level statistic wise. He definitly can run, catch, has excellent size and is an intelligent young man. He will be gone in the first round, no and ifs about it. I think it will be him or the kid "Pretty Boy Floyd" out of Notre Dame. Oh by the way wide receiver is the second toughtest position after QB to learn on offense. When you hear a kid runs poor routes it is a polite way of saying he is not very bright upstairs. Academics are still very important at both schools. I'm fine with either one if wide receiver is the way they want to go. Chan still has very good contacts at Tech so I am sure his scouting reports will be very accurate.

First of all woohoo Williams is a Bill. And now that's out of the way back to some draft coverage. I've been giving the draft some pretty deep thought today, and I've come to a conclusion. The Bills will draft Stephen Hill at number 10. But wait mob16151 thats a huge reach. Well I'll lay out my thinking. (And a 5 round mock.)

Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech. 6 foot 4 220 pounds. 4.36 40 yard dash time. Remember Buddy Nix talking about what the Bills were looking for in a Wide Reciever? We want a guy that's open even when he ain't. Hill meets that criteria, and intriguingly his measurables are almost identical to Calvin Johnsons, and better than Demaryius Thomas. He also showed an ability to run the whole route tree, and great hands at the combine. Hill is the ultimate homerun pick in this draft, and I fully expect him to be a Bill, when Buffalo is on the clock with the tenth pick in the draft. Giving us a wide reciever depth chart of

1.Johnson

2.Hill

3.Nelson

4.Jones

5.Easely

Now with the rest of this mock.

RD 2. Josh Norman Coastal Carolina. He meets the criteria this regime seems to look for in corners,and as a plus he's a plug and play corner. Likely succesor to Drayton Florence.

RD 3. Andrew Datko OT Florida State. He's a good looking tackle prospect, that has struggled some with injuries in college. He needs to also get better against, power rushers. Basically needs to add strength but the size and skillset is there to make him an above average LT in 2 or 3 seasons.

RD 4. Chandler Jones DE Syracuse. Not a sudden or explosive pass rusher, but he sets the edge well, and can probably play from day 1 as a situational guy.

RD 4. Keenan Robinson OLB Texas. Doesn't do a good job shedding blocks, but with the Bills new d line, that shouldn't be a huge issue. Has outstanding range.

RD 5. Aaron Corp QB Richmond. Doesn't have the biggest arm, but he has a nice frame, throws a catchable ball,and seems smart. Could eventually supplant Fitz 2 or 3 seasons down the road.

RD 5. Philip Blake C Baylor. Big bodied lineman best suited to a power blocking scheme. Provides quality depth behind Wood, and could be a starter down the road. (Side note : I really wanted to mock a guard named Looney to the Bills because of his last name. I didn't though lol)

I didn't mock any TE's to the Bills because I believe there willing to go into next season with Chandler,Smith, and Onubum.

So there you have it, let me know what you think.

I like it, but can't see Jones lasting that long after the combine and pro day. But if he does, that's fantastic!

Hey, no need to be nasty. Guy is just trying to start a convo about a player he likes.

Micheal Floyd actually has the production though to go with the talent, height and speed. I would feel MUCH more comfortable picking Floyd at 10. I think you can trade down and get Hill at around 20. I would think stock piling up on some assets would be a wiser decision instead of reaching for a guy that may or may not produce with a 2-3rd grade.

This. Floyd has been productive for 4 years and wasn't Buddy big on multi-year production at the college level?

i like alshon jeffery, he's going to be a star in the nfl.

His route running skills are cause for concern evidently. Anyone else know why his stock has plummeted?

well if your going to be bashing people, I will hop in...no need for the comma in that sentence, remove comma and you have a complete sentence.

aside from English writing lessons, I like Hill as a project, but definately NOT with the 10 pick

The comma was used expertly in that sentence. Take it from me, Franz Kafka.

I like the discussion on Hill, because it's someone new to talk about.

I think if we operate under the assumption that there is some grand scheme that Buddy is operating from then it would likely follow this scenario. First, we targeted a pass rusher and a second receiver initially in free agency. Second, we allow our oft-injured starting left tackle to walk without any offer. Keeping in mind that we did resign McGee. I think it follows that Buddy does not feel there is a pass-rusher or receiver worthy of the 10th overall pick. When you consider that he apparently is not prone to moving off the pick. I think logic dictates that he will select Reiff or Martin (in that order). The only x-factor would be if Claiborne somehow falls. I think it is also mildly interesting to have Eric Winston floating around, perhaps pick Mario's brain. That may shake up the plan a bit if Buddy feels he is of more value then any of the pool of available free agent receivers.

Listening to Buddy Nix is a fascinating science. He's amazingly honest (percentage wise), especially in retrospect. Nix had his eye on Meachem because Nix likes big WR, he wanted speed on the outside, and he likes his WR to block well. I am really not sure whether Meachem can block well but he fit the first two criterion well. That's why he was Buddy's target. I just heard him say we are no longer looking in FA for a WR, but that IMO means there just arent any big fast guys out there any more.

Hill fits all three Buddy Nix criterion, although so does Floyd. Nix also likes guys that have produced over a few years at big schools in top competition, which Floyd has, and he clearly likes guys from Southern schools, which Hill is. Obviously, you're never going to get all of your wishes from a player, but I could easily imagine Nix selecting Hill or Floyd #1. To me, the only reason we won't is if Buddy and the scouts like a LT who is left at 10 like Martin or Reiff.

If they really love Tannehill I can see him, too, but I doubt they do. They would really have to absolutely LOVE everything they saw in him, not just say we need a QB and he looks good.