With a pass rush how will or DB's look?

Dopey

I've been saying all along that our DB's aren't bad, they just have no pass rush to help. Lets's see what happens this season. I think with a healthy D, we can duplicate the turnovers we had early last year. We have ball hawks and now hopefully some chances to show it. Thoughts?

McKelvin?

Yes.

I get why you ask. He had trouble locating the ball when thrown his way, but he was always in position to make the play. If you notice, the throws were pretty much placed where only the receiver had a chance. With enough time a QB can make a throw like that. With pressure, these throws will not be perfectly placed and McKelvin will have a better shot at an errant throw(low/wide/hurried) than a perfectly thrown ball. IMO

Hopefully they won't LOOK like anything beccause they'll be GONE. Specifically Dray, and McGee. Maybe that might light a fire under Leodis, and Byrd. I was VERY disappointed when our secondary collapsed last season.

I have been on the horn with DraftTek, and we're going around and around about our computer's RD1#10 selection this afternoon, even after changing Positional Needs when Mario signed.

Should the Bills continue to bolster their pass rush (Ingram-Coples-Upshaw-Mercilus), get another cornerback (Kirkpatrick-Jenkins are there at #10), draft O-Line (Adams-Martin), or assume we don't get a FA WR (take Alshon Jeffery or Kendall Wright)?

I have been on the horn with DraftTek, and we're going around and around about our computer's RD1#10 selection this afternoon, even after changing Positional Needs when Mario signed.

Should the Bills continue to bolster their pass rush (Ingram-Coples-Upshaw-Mercilus), get another cornerback (Kirkpatrick-Jenkins are there at #10), draft O-Line (Adams-Martin), or assume we don't get a FA WR (take Alshon Jeffery or Kendall Wright)?

I took a look and was surprised the simulator still had us taking a DE. Martin is the man @ 10.

Astro, forget about corners in round 1. And, the wrs early in the draft don't look great this year. Why reach?

Astro, forget about corners in round 1. And, the wrs early in the draft don't look great this year. Why reach?

Bill, I have to ask you - I'm sure you're excited as the rest of us, but did thought cross your mind today, "If the Bills had taken JPP instead of a backup running back, they wouldn't have had to shell out $100 million"? Asking honestly, not sarcastically...

This year is the year they take LT in round one, no question.

As far as DB's, i think they will look great.

McKelvin will lead the team in interceptions this year(i know i am going to get flamed for that). Byrd will be close. And i love Byrd. Both their play is similar. Byrd has better instincts but McKelvin has amazing talent. Lets hope this year the light turns on for McKelvin and he puts it all together.

Frankly, without a serious pass rush, you can't even tell how good a DB is or isn't. The Bills may be fine back there. As long as McGee is healthy enough to be the #4 CB, I don't think we need to get another one. Williams and likely Florence will start. I think Leodis and McGee are fine as #3 and #4 with maybe Rogers beating one of them out. The real benefactors, to me, will be Byrd and Wilson, who could get a significant amount of turnovers if the rush is what it should be.

Bill, I have to ask you - I'm sure you're excited as the rest of us, but did thought cross your mind today, "If the Bills had taken JPP instead of a backup running back, they wouldn't have had to shell out $100 million"? Asking honestly, not sarcastically...

No, today I was caught up in the excitement. :thumbsup:

Imo, if the Bills do not tank this draft, they can actually make the playoffs. That said, I will never be at peace with the Spiller selection, unless he turns out to be much better than I happen to think he is. Until proven wrong, I will view him as a situational player. Dick Drawn does a far better job than me wrt explaining the diminishing value of running backs (and cbs) due to the rule changes.

That said, today offers us more hope than we have had in many years. Again, a good draft can get us into the playoffs imo. And at least we don't have incompetent persons such as Levy/Jauron/Brandon controlling it. :beer: