The Bill Curtain (Williams, Williams, and Dareus)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! This thread is like crack to Bills fans.

I love it! What's our countdown at, Senator!?

Exactly. As much as I don't want to, I feel compelled to come back and see what else posters have come up with.

I still vote for The Tommyknockers.

After reading this again I definitely see the advantages of "The Buffalo Stampede".

As someone mentioned, imagine home games and the team showing images of an animated Buffalo Stampede on the big screen, interchanged with flashes of images of opposing QBs being violently flattened by defensemen, with the word" Stampede!" flashing and filling the screen. The 3 images speed up in their interchange, and the word "Stampede!" continues being on the screen longer and longer, until the Screen is rapidly flashing "Stampede!", "Stampede!", "Stampede! ". The stadium full of fans screaming in unison with the word "Stampede!" flashing on the screen, calling for the defense to squash the QB. During third downs and obvious end zone passing situations, imagine the physiological effect it would have on opposing QBs. The screen and the stadium echoing and thundering with the chat "Stampede!", "Stampede!", "Stampede!" as the fans are at fever pitch. Bet the QBs would get pretty twitchy thinking about getting pancaked, besides not being able to communicate over the roar of the frenzied crowd. And the national media would love it and rave about it.

Good nicknames like "The Purple People Eaters" and "The Steel Curtain" have some specificity.

There had been a song about "purple people eaters" but who else in the NFL at the time could have adopted that nickname? Only the Vikes.

"Steel Curtain" is cool because curtains are usually soft but this one is made of steel. Only the Steelers could use this nickname.

Some of the suggestions here for the Bills D Line (Boom & Doom, Beef Curtain) are too generic.

My faves so far are Bill Collectors and Buffalo Stampede. The former is more clever, I think, but the latter is more dynamic and thus my #1 pick so far.