Questions for season ticket resellers

Questions for those season ticket holders that resell the games they can't make...

1) Which service do you use? TicketExchange/Stubhub/EBay/Other?

2) Do you post tickets as soon as the schedule comes out, or wait till you have the physical ticket?

3) Do you just set a price no matter what game, or adjust what you ask for based on the game?

Reason I'm asking is I find it difficult to sell mine, I usually wait till I have the physical ticket, and I have club seats so TicketExchange won't let me go much under the face value.

I use Ebay

I wait until closer to the season starting.

I set the minimum bid based on the team they are playing. Sometimes I will only sell the first couple of games right away and then hope the Bills get off to a good start, and then post the other games and get rid of them before the Bills tank it.

Questions for those season ticket holders that resell the games they can't make...

2) Do you post tickets as soon as the schedule comes out, or wait till you have the physical ticket?

3) Do you just set a price no matter what game, or adjust what you ask for based on the game?

Reason I'm asking is I find it difficult to sell mine, I usually wait till I have the physical ticket, and I have club seats so TicketExchange won't let me go much under the face value.

1) Bills: TicketExchange, unless I have to slash price below face value. Then StubHub. Sabres: StubHub only.

2) Bills: I post games I know I won't make right away. Sabres: Post games one month out.

3) Bills & Sabres: Set price based on demand. Adjust prices constantly.

Both my Sabres and Bills tickets are the cheap seats so I usually have little trouble selling, and I usually manage a small profit. I have no experience selling high-end seats. But if you want to sell below face you have to use StubHub. You can use eBay of Craigslist but there's too much uncertainty for me. I like how StubHub vets buyers and sellers and backs them up with a credit card. Their service charge is high but I like the peace of mind.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1. Ticketexchange or most of the time, the others who sit around me.

2. Both

3. Adjust

Jack, I will say this. I upgraded my tickets last year. I have great seats, which are available now. Lower bowl, 35 yard line, Bills side, 17 rows up. I didn't have trouble selling ANY games last year. Even Denver, and one preseason game. The year before I had tickets near the goalline and couldn't give them away. If you have the resources to upgrade, do so, and you will be gold in the resell market. At least that's been my real experience.

1. Ticket Exchange

2. Wait & See

3. Adjust Price (you never know what a out of town person will pay)

Positive Experience all around

• 1 month later...

I have somebody who owns a block of 6 tickets directly behind mine and he sells every game. Most of the time the buyers are idiot fans from that week's opponent. This really pisses me off. I can honestly say that I would never ever sell my tickets to a fan of the oppositing team.

A bump now that the schedule is out.

One question though, I just looked at my Ticketmaster account and it's not showing the games. Anyone else see (or not see) the same thing?

TE won't allow sales until individual tickets go on sale in July. However StubHub is already selling game tickets.

PTR

Just Jack if you would like to pm me I am interested in buying a game or 2. I'm getting married this year and taking the new wife to her first Bills game. Let me know exact location, price, how many tickets you have and we can go from there.

and to answer your questions:

1) Craigslist - no fees as someone else mentioned and it is a cash in hand transaction most times (which I prefer to paypal)

2) vary - If I think a matchup will generate a ton of interest as it nears I will wait for the game to get closer. If its an also ran game I sell when I know the schedule. In my experience there are a couple of "bumps" in what people will pay. For football its when the schedule comes out, when preseason starts, and when the regular season starts. For NCAA basketball (majority of ticks I sell are for SU games) I go with right before season, christmas, and week of game for big games.

3) Most def adjust price. Again marquee games might as well get marquee prices... if someone is willing to pay for it. Teams that don't come to Buffalo often can sometimes get a good price from other teams fans (if you don't mind doing that)

Just Jack if you would like to pm me I am interested in buying a game or 2. I'm getting married this year and taking the new wife to her first Bills game. Let me know exact location, price, how many tickets you have and we can go from there.

and to answer your questions:

1) Craigslist - no fees as someone else mentioned and it is a cash in hand transaction most times (which I prefer to paypal)

2) vary - If I think a matchup will generate a ton of interest as it nears I will wait for the game to get closer. If its an also ran game I sell when I know the schedule. In my experience there are a couple of "bumps" in what people will pay. For football its when the schedule comes out, when preseason starts, and when the regular season starts. For NCAA basketball (majority of ticks I sell are for SU games) I go with right before season, christmas, and week of game for big games.

3) Most def adjust price. Again marquee games might as well get marquee prices... if someone is willing to pay for it. Teams that don't come to Buffalo often can sometimes get a good price from other teams fans (if you don't mind doing that)

i typically sell on craigslist, cash or cash equivalents only, and i typically buy on ticketexchange for peace of mind that the ticket will be real.

im local, so its easy to meet someone at say a bank to complete a transaction in person when using craigslist. with saints tickets going for a fortune on secondary markets, the fees are just soooo much when selling.

Edited by NoSaint