Most Important Position to Fill

Just wondering what people here consider the most important position that we need to improve this offseason.

To me, I have to say Defensive End (no duh), but I can see cases for boosting our O-line, picking up a corner to help an aging and oft injured McGee and a likely to be cut McKelvin and taking a 2nd or 3rd round receiver to help out Fitz.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that WR is our most important thing. We do need a DE no doubt, but the D has to come a long way. The way we are competitive now is if we can march around the field and right now 1 injury to Stevie and we're done for the season plus we're weak in general since he has nobody on the other side. Do something well, the closest thing we are to doing well is passing the ball (and then running it from the spread as a result) so let's finalize that first. To me a real #2 is our biggest need. Then DE.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that WR is our most important thing. We do need a DE no doubt, but the D has to come a long way. The way we are competitive now is if we can march around the field and right now 1 injury to Stevie and we're done for the season plus we're weak in general since he has nobody on the other side. Do something well, the closest thing we are to doing well is passing the ball (and then running it from the spread as a result) so let's finalize that first. To me a real #2 is our biggest need. Then DE.

Interesting take on WR.

I understand wht you are saying, and believe there is some accuracy to it. That is why Bills should sign a competent #2 vet, or draft WR in first 3 rounds.

But after watching the Giants in super bowl, if Bills could find a pass rusher, this D went from not very good to maybe great.

A beast DE will make the secondary look a helluva lot better, no way an Oline could handle that front four(I for one think Kelsay is solid, especially in one on ones)

FOR me DE is the piece that makes this team look way better instantly.

Interesting take on WR.

I understand wht you are saying, and believe there is some accuracy to it. That is why Bills should sign a competent #2 vet, or draft WR in first 3 rounds.

But after watching the Giants in super bowl, if Bills could find a pass rusher, this D went from not very good to maybe great.

A beast DE will make the secondary look a helluva lot better, no way an Oline could handle that front four(I for one think Kelsay is solid, especially in one on ones)

FOR me DE is the piece that makes this team look way better instantly.

I agree-that defense sure made Brady's day miserable.

Longsnapper.

After that, a real pass rusher. A genuine pass rush makes everything look better. Takes pressure off the rest of the d line, gets our whole defense off the field quicker and lets the offense dictate the pace of the game, and not have to chuck it downfield constantly trying to catch up.

DE opposite Kelsay. I would have cosnsidered sslb till Morrison signing. Who i think will surprise.

Because we have not signed Bell yet that position will be next followed very closely by wr and then corner upgrade. But i think we need to get more than one DE and some more young LBs out of the draft.

a simple question and easy answer. But where we get that DE is the trick question this year!

I say we get freeney and call it done

I would really put a full court press on finding a WR in free agency. Its a pretty deep WR class in free agency, we should be able to address that need. Then I think we should go after DE and OT in the first two rounds. Then address secondary in the mid rounds.

Just wondering what people here consider the most important position that we need to improve this offseason.

To me, I have to say Defensive End (no duh), but I can see cases for boosting our O-line, picking up a corner to help an aging and oft injured McGee and a likely to be cut McKelvin and taking a 2nd or 3rd round receiver to help out Fitz.

Agree 100%

I would think it would depend on if the Bills are willing to let LT Bell hit free agency, if so then LT

It also might depend on If Melvin Ingram is still there, short arms and all. :P

I would much rather the Bills sign Bell who is about a league average NFL LT, then go balls out on the front 7 in the first two rounds. If we can resign Bell to a 4 year deal in the range of 15-20 million (LT's always get overpaid) and get a good WR in free agency I think we can really focus the draft on getting another young crop of defensive players.

Putting in 3 years to develop Bell into a competent player then letting him leave in free agency only to draft a LT in the top 10 is going lateral. Why not just keep Bell and put resources elsewhere?

Again, an interesting take on the WR situation. I would like to see us pick someone up. We never really added anyone after Lee Evans was released. (as good of a decision as that was) I think a hallmark of our spread offense is that we don't have to have a ton of amazing recievers. I would like to see our second pick be a WR if we pick up a DE in FA or third round otherwise.

With the 10th pick I want Nix to take the best player available reguardless of position...

Even OG Decastro (assuming Bell is re-signed) he will be a future all pro...

If Bell is not re-signed OT Martin will be a good pick...

DE Perry looks really good...

WR Floyd would be a good complement to Johnson...

Even a DT ... looks like Kyle Williams may take longer to get back then originally thought...

The Best pick will be determined after free agency... We need to know how Nix fills in some important holes

then we can get hot on who to pick.... So far the Bills have stepped up... NO backward moves as yet...

With the 10th pick I want Nix to take the best player available reguardless of position...

Even OG Decastro (assuming Bell is re-signed) he will be a future all pro...

If Bell is not re-signed OT Martin will be a good pick...

DE Perry looks really good...

WR Floyd would be a good complement to Johnson...

Even a DT ... looks like Kyle Williams may take longer to get back then originally thought...

The Best pick will be determined after free agency... We need to know how Nix fills in some important holes

then we can get hot on who to pick.... So far the Bills have stepped up... NO backward moves as yet...

DT Dontario Poe Memphis.

Edge rushers to bookend Dareus and Williams in the middle. If we hit on 2 starting DE's that can get pressure on the QB consistently, even draw any sort of double team, we could have one of the best front 4's in the NFL. You have to expect Dareus will be even better and we all know what Kyle can do. If you put guys that command extra attention on the outside then our guys may be darn near unstoppable. Mix in some LB blitz packages and we go from a team that gets no pressure on the QB to a team near the top of the league in sacks. All one can do is hope.

Edited by H2o

The starting DE's on the roster are Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsay. One is chronically injured and most likely wouldn't be on an NFL roster without Buffalo and the other will be 33 during the season. Neither are known as guys who put pressure on the QB as DE's in a 40 front, with Merriman having never played the position before.

Buffalo needs 2 DE's, especially now that Carrington will be a backup 1 or 3 tech DT and won't revert to his college position as a 40 front DE.

Edited by BillsVet