Sanchez re-ups

QB Bills

The wild card with Sanchez is that the Jets got rid of Bryan Schottenheimer as their OC… one year after he was heavily lauded for his work.

They hired Tony Sparano who tried to hire (but lost out to the Bills for) QB Coach David Lee.

I don't know if Sparano has hired a QB Coach yet but they did hire a new O-line Coach and a new WR Coach.

Also based on Sanchez' comments distributed by the team, it seems that there was a "Come to Jesus" meeting and that Sanchez promised that he would commit himself to a deeper degree to becoming the QB that they hoped they were drafting.

So between a new offensive coaching staff and a re-commitment by Sanchez, these are the things a Jets fan would pin his hopes on for improved QB play.

I'd rather see it on the field if I were a Jets fan than "hope" for it. Great news for the rest of the AFC East.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see it on the field if I were a Jets fan than "hope" for it. Great news for the rest of the AFC East.

Easier said then done in march. He's had flashes of good and bad much like fitz and now will be paid like him.

Would it have really ben that hard to type "Re-Signs"? Re-ups has got to be the most annoying thing I've ever heard. I'm no Harvard graduate or anything but it just kills me to see it. Its gotten so bad that even ESPN and other media outlets use it. I hate it!!!

On a side note. I'm in shock that the Jets would do such a thing. Dirty Sanchez is one BAD QB and they just waved goodbye to thier postseason hopes for as long as Dirty is there.

On a side, side note. After reading that article and looking at Dirty's picture I finally realized who he will resemble for the rest of his career in both looks and ability/stats/effectiveness... Vinny Testeverde

I actually agree with you on this one, drags. Re-up is something drug dealers do.

LMAO. This is Jet's FO damage control for Sanchez getting dirt in his Vagina cause they inquired about Manning....who are they trying to fool

Exactly. I advised them to make a big "Sanchez is our guy" statement after all the Manning speculation. Sanchez needed some respect in the locker room.

Edited by Roger Goodell

Sanchez was guy under center for 5 wins vs Bills. He had something to do with it.

The talk around NYC is that Sanchez' numbers in his first 3 seasons are much better than Eli Manning's were...so who knows?

I would agree Jets are doing a dis-service by coddling him, not making him compete for job.

The game we did beat them was a horrible performance by both teams.

If the reports are true - the NYETS wanted Manning and or RGIII... now they settle on the guy they wanted to replace!!!

TOO damn funny. :D

Sanchez was guy under center for 5 wins vs Bills. He had something to do with it.

Trent Dilfer won a SB. Your point is ?

Mark Sanchez's extension not quite as large as previously thought.

According to the New York Daily News, Sanchez is only getting $2.75 million more in guaranteed money during the next two seasons than he would have before the extension ($20.5 million combined in 2012 and 2013 as opposed to $17.75 million with the old contract). Plus, as Pro Football Talk reports, the new contract frees up $6.4 million in New York salary cap space for 2012.

Easier said then done in march. He's had flashes of good and bad much like fitz and now will be paid like him.

Umm...what???

Sanchez is now the 7th highest paid QB in the league. Fitz is maybe in the teens?

Pft is citing this, in addition to overpaying fitz is hanging up Alex smith. Grain of salt to oft stories but thought I'd include it.

Fitz isn't overpaid. The going rate for an average to above average QB is $10 million per year. Elite is getting paid 15+ per. The only starting QBs making around 5-7 million per year are high end rookies.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mike-tannenbaum-mark-sanchez-ny-jets-quarterback-2012-qb-receive-five-year-deal-article-1.1036636?localLinksEnabled=false

great news!!! i'm of the opinion that this guy is one of the worst starting qbs in the league, if not the worst

I hate Sanchez as much as anyone but he's by far the worst in the league. He accounted for 32 TDs last year. He just needs to cut down his turnovers and he'll be legit.

Fitz isn't overpaid. The going rate for an average to above average QB is $10 million per year. Elite is getting paid 15+ per. The only starting QBs making around 5-7 million per year are high end rookies.

Well, if pft is to be trusted (so-so) then Alex smith is pointing to fitzs deal and San Fran is saying fitz is overpaid.

Umm...what???

Sanchez is now the 7th highest paid QB in the league. Fitz is maybe in the teens?

Yea 6 for 60 and 5 for 50something are radically different pay grades.

Wow. The last time I heard that one I laughed so hard I fell off my DINOSAUR!!!!! Sanchez is a good starting QB, he beat us 5 times.

Him alone ,,,,,,,NOPE

as a team ,,,,,,,Yup.

Guy isn't a very good QB. Just my opinion!

You r ol lady must be pretty ugly for u to call her a dinosaur!!!! Oh u were trying to be funny. Well i would stop cause its more corny! :thumbsup:

Edited by snamsnoops

Well, if pft is to be trusted (so-so) then Alex smith is pointing to fitzs deal and San Fran is saying fitz is overpaid.

Yea 6 for 60 and 5 for 50something are radically different pay grades.

I don't care what SF thinks. They need to get with the times. The rest of the NFL thinks the going rate for an average to above average QB is 10 million per season.