EVERY FITZPATRICK HATER

Are there any Fitzpatrick haters? He's hard not to like, a tough gutsy underdog and a good leader, but the fact of the matter is he's just not that good of a QB. Most of us on this boards just want to see the Bills continually make the playoffs and become a contender for a championship and Fitz ain't it.

That sir makes you a "hater". He is that good a QB in this situation. His performance before the team fell apart around him and we had a wildcat QB and a RB playing as starting WRs should be proof of that. To supporters that is encouraging and provides optimism for next year. Haters ignore this and dream of his replacement while blaming Fitz for the performance of the entire team.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Hater here. Let's pass judgement on Fitz after his tenth year in the league. He's only been in the NFL for 7 seasons. He has room to grow. Unlike Cam Newton and Andy Dalton, he had no offseason to prepare for last year. Sucks he got hurt last year though, cuz it's not like T. Romo played with broken ribs or a punctured lung or anything like that.

I would love to drink a beer with Fitz. He seems like a great guy. Do I want him as our starting QB? No. Stop gap? No choice. Draft a high round QB? This year? No. Next year? A must.

We have a ton of reasons why we collapsed last season, but we have to stop offering up excuses. Fitz and his poor play were a major part of why we fell off last year. Even when we were so high because we were winning games early, I was the skeptic waiting expecting for the flop. I wasn't vocal because I don't post very often. Fitz just showed us his true colors. Inconfitztancy.

But alas...I would love if Ryan turned out to be the QB that we need...I do root for the guy, but I have no faith in him whatsoever. Neither do the Bills long term...evidenced by the type of contract they gave him.

I hope I am proven wrong next year and I am accepting crow recipies from this point foward. Don't think i will need them though...

I feel better now.

+1000 % !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grow up

Everybody shut up!

Living in jim Kellys shadows.. I mean please. Stop it.

At least Fitz isn't a proven super bowl loser.

Give Fitz a chance, until he is a proven loser

So you would rather be irrelevant Like we are than go to the Superbowl and not win. Fitz is not going to take us to the Superbowl 0 %. Hell, we're not even getting a sniff at the playoffs, let alone a chance to participate in a SB. To blaspheme Jim Kelly is just not right. We were proud Bills fans then. Now people laugh at just how bad this org and team is. Those of us that that don't think Fitzpatrick is a good QB don't hate him... we just want a beter QB. And to those that say we need better players around him, I say a better QB would make those players look better. He is not an accurate QB... bottom line. He can't be trusted. Put all the right ingredients in the wedding feast but if there's a turd in the punchbowl, the meal is ruined. This position MUST be addressed.

GO BILLS !!!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I like Fitz. He seems like a cool dude. He's a gunslinger. He's played some exciting games for us.

Having said that, I'm of the opinion that he is what he is at this point, and that he'll never be an elite winning QB in this league because of his inaccuracy. You can blame his crappy season last year on his "injury", but his accuracy problems were there before the Redskins game. Don't forget...we win the Giants game if he hits either of those throws to an open Stevie down the sideline. Just a hunch but I think he'll be our starter for two more seasons...max.

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Cuz I remember plenty of talk about people still concerned with him not being the answer when we were 5-2 still. Its very cliche to puff your 15 year old noob chest up and say stuff like this, the problem is that its just not true. Facts suck lol

Everybody shut up!

Living in jim Kellys shadows.. I mean please. Stop it.

At least Fitz isn't a proven super bowl loser.

Give Fitz a chance, until he is a proven loser

Fitz's record as a starter? 19 wins, 33 losses. Looks like a proven loser to me. Numbers don't lie. He is what his record says he is.

Im not saying hes DREW BRESS , ARRON RODGERS OR BRADY but he is efficient when everyone is healthy. JIM KELLY most yards in a season is like around 3,500 yards. Fitz can have that with 28 tds 10 picks this year. Especially if we got MEACHAM or VINCENT JACKSON.

Clearly you are not old enough to have even watched football back then and just googled Kelly's stats...otherwise you would know that TODAYS game is no where even close to resembling the game Kelly played and the NFL is DRASTICALLY different today and is a league designed to induce passing. Anyone who brings up Kellys stats to defend Fitz instantly loses any credibility on any further statements...doesnt matter if you love or question Fitz, the two eras just are not logically comparable.

Let's review: Crap was still talked about Eli after 1 SB win. Crap will likely still be talked about Eli if he slips to another league-leading interception year like 2010. Therefore, Crap will likely still be talked about Fitz even if he manages a full season like the start of last year. All it will need is a bad game.

That is not.equal.to saying Fitz = Eli or any other QB by any reasonable read or interpretation.

You're lumping two very different kind of "hating" into one. There are team fans and there are the talking heads/"experts" of the sport. Team fans, like the Giant fans you are talking about, will ALWAYS be extreme. No one takes them seriously (like Pddaddy on this board). Then there's the talking heads who trade in hyperbole but by in large have a more objective vantage point about the state of the entire league since they're not focused on just one roster.

Heading into last season, both Giant fans and the talking heads use to debate whether or not Eli was an elite QB. The extreme Giant fans were the ones who were quick to throw Eli under the bus while most talking heads and analysts pointed to the man's stats which showed since he won his first ring Eli has done nothing but improve and put up monster numbers. It wasn't a serious debate -- but it was still a debate.

But now? It's no longer a debate. NO serious football fan or analyst will ever say Eli is NOT an elite QB now. In fact, the debate now is who's the better Manning. Even the extreme Giant fans who will piss and moan (like ANY team's fans) about their QB when he puts up a stinker will not be able to seriously argue the Giants would be better off without Eli.

The situation with Fitz is the same. None of the "haters" actually hate Fitz. They just want their team to win and know in a QB driven NFL you need an elite QB to win a ring. Fitz is not an elite QB -- it's not even a DEBATE amongst anyone outside of Buffalo. Fitz is a 7 year vet who is no longer progressing. He's not a rookie with huge upside -- he's a vet with a tendency to throw bone headed INTs, questionable accuracy, and an inability to close. Now, there are Fans who wish to turn a blind eye to this and say Fitz just needs the right pieces around him ... which instantly takes him out of the conversation for "elite" since elite QBs make the players around him BETTER.

But I digress. Both sides of the Fitz argument want the Bills to win.

Fitz's record as a starter? 19 wins, 33 losses. Looks like a proven loser to me. Numbers don't lie. He is what his record says he is.

Who is your favorite player on the Bills and what is his record?

GO BILLS!!!

Ok I can understand the criticism of his inaccuracy's and what not. I just can't understand the attitude some people have towards him. Like they want him to fail. Fitz is the best option we have right now. RGIII forget about it, too much cost on a team that has many needs. Matt Flynn too risky, we tried that with Rob Johnson and look how that turned out. Manning pffft yeah okay.

I like Fitz, from a character stand point I think he's great, but that doesn't mean I can't see his flaws. I think Fitz should be given 1 more year to prove himself, most of his problems stem from his fundamentals, and we just acquired a QB fundamental guru as his coach. Let's give him a year,and if it doesn't work out, well, Prepare for the arrival of Landry Jones, or Tyler Wilson.

I've been labeled a "Fitz Hater" for a while now and I have been adamant that I want him to succeed because it gets us to the playoffs and beyond. I have also stated numerous times that I am not naive enough to think we are a new QB away from winning a SB. However, I have also stated over and over that I do not believe Fitz is good enough to take us to the promised land. Competent? Sure. Good enough to get us to the playoffs? Doubt it.

I can't understand the fact people believe that plug any QB into a system and they will succeed. I submit that if Fitz replaced Brady this past season, the Pats do NOT get to the SB. Spout off about system and talent all you want. You need a QB who can thrive in the system and can consistently make all the throws. As pointed out, Fitz does not. He is "inconfitztent" (love that term).

I want to win. I am sick of not being in the playoffs. I am sick of being disrespected. Winning starts with the QB in TODAY'S NFL. Comparing the current league to 10 or 20 years ago invalidates any argument about certain QB's winning SB's. But hey, who wants a great QB instead of a journeyman?

No excuses next year.

Edited by Marauder24

Ok I can understand the criticism of his inaccuracy's and what not. I just can't understand the attitude some people have towards him. Like they want him to fail. Fitz is the best option we have right now. RGIII forget about it, too much cost on a team that has many needs. Matt Flynn too risky, we tried that with Rob Johnson and look how that turned out. Manning pffft yeah okay.

I like Fitz, from a character stand point I think he's great, but that doesn't mean I can't see his flaws. I think Fitz should be given 1 more year to prove himself, most of his problems stem from his fundamentals, and we just acquired a QB fundamental guru as his coach. Let's give him a year,and if it doesn't work out, well, Prepare for the arrival of Landry Jones, or Tyler Wilson.

very rarely do i see someone that wants him to fail. for the most part its "i hope he proves me wrong"

i think hes a good enough starter. average. middle of the pack. we have a lot of guys like that (and are hopefully beginning to finally add some stars) but with a field full of average guys you get an average record. i dont want to run him out of town but i also dont expect him to make a big change either (good or bad)

You incorrectly lump "want him to fail" with every criticism of Fitz. I don't want him to fail. I want him to win a SB. However, his body of work over his career has not given me the confidence that he will, regardless of the team we surround him with.

1331225257[/url]' post='2398687']

Haters want to hate. Nothing you can do about it. Even if the Bills come out on fire like they did last year you will still have people whining about why the Bills didn't do everything they could to go get their "pet" QB of choice and pointing to the TEAM falling apart the second half of the season. Some people get that Fitz is not the problem and in THIS system at THIS time in his career he is very capable and effective with the Bills.

Pointing out the exception doesn't invalidate the rule but nobody cared that Kurt Warner was bagging groceries for years before he got back into the league, got the starting job due to injury and happened to be in the right place, right time and right system to win a superbowl. Afterwards Warner had many ups and downs and his career was considered over when he started losing with the Rams and was replaced by a rookie Eli Manning in NY. Suddenly he ends up in Arizona with Fitzgerald and Boldin and he was a star again and made it to the NFC championship game.

Most people don't get that it is a team game and the system, scheme and team around a guy are as much of a factor as the individual play of the QB. Matt Cassel set the world on fire in New England when Brady went down. In KC, not so much. Keep the faith. Haters are just going to hate.

I'm pretty sure cassell led the CHIEFS to the playoffs the year before last and was a pro owl alternate. He was hurt last year. Yep....the chiefs made the playoffs, led by Matt Cassell.

I'm pretty sure cassell led the CHIEFS to the playoffs the year before last and was a pro owl alternate. He was hurt last year. Yep....the chiefs made the playoffs, led by Matt Cassell.

Don't bring facts to PDaddy! He doesn't trade in facts -- only hyperbole, simple mindedness, and unicorns!

and fitz could do the same for us. especially if manning goes to the nfc or flops - the AFC just isnt as top heavy as the nfc right now. theres a little vacuum for good teams with a ton of teams stuck with big question marks. right now it looks like outside of NE, Pitts, Baltimore, and houston - anything is possible. even san diego isnt the team they were recently. the rest have huge issues - mostly at qb (sanchez, tebow, palmer, hassleback, fitz, dalton, cassell ) - whos going to be the 2-3 guys that stand up out of that group. fitz is in that group, and our roster is starting to enter that realm too.

Edited by NoSaint

and fitz could do the same for us. especially if manning goes to the nfc or flops - the AFC just isnt as top heavy as the nfc right now. theres a little vacuum for good teams with a ton of teams stuck with big question marks. right now it looks like outside of NE, Pitts, Baltimore, and houston - anything is possible. even san diego isnt the team they were recently. the rest have huge issues - mostly at qb (sanchez, tebow, palmer, hassleback, fitz, dalton, cassell ) - whos going to be the 2-3 guys that stand up out of that group. fitz is in that group, and our roster is starting to enter that realm too.

Yeah but whoever wins the division in the west is playoff bound, regardless of record. That leaves one playoff opening in your theory.