Nix attends Alabama pro day, but Richardson

They have about 10 guys about to be drafted

GMs don't go to look at guys that might be picked in the later rounds. First & second rounds...yup. Anything later than that and a GM can't be 'bothered' too many options. So, which of the players who worked out today do you think he was looking at? (that's why only 3 GMs showed up)

Think he was looking at Hightower? Kirkpatrick?

link

Hightower will be our pick, is scheme diverse can play every LB position and rush the passer, fits two needs; LB and DE :thumbsup:

Isn't one of those guys the loser pot head? Which one? I'll take the other one.

Kirkpatrick is better than the Honey Badger.

It may very well be a sign of things to come. I remember last year he came to pro day here at UNC and they ended up going heavy on Carolina guys, Searcy and White, plus two udfas (who ultimately got cut anyway) Pianalto and... the other name escapes me.

GMs don't go to look at guys that might be picked in the later rounds. First & second rounds...yup. Anything later than that and a GM can't be 'bothered' too many options. So, which of the players who worked out today do you think he was looking at? (that's why only 3 GMs showed up)

Well, again, Nix was here at UNC for pro day last year. They didn't get any Carolina guys early, but I believe Carolina did have the most players drafted of any school. So, like someone said above, if Bama's got 10+ potential draftees, a GM probably does consider it a good use of his time to check it out, figuring they're all worth a look and we may very well end up with a few of them. Especially given his comments about "respecting" the draft board and "best talent available."

Edited by jimmyo

Again, with the volume I disagree. If it was only 1 guy late at a school he has no connections too than sure he had to be there for the first rounder but when these guys will be staring you down at near every pick, and it's a school you want to build strong relationships at a gm would likely be very willing to go even if the guys at 10 aren't a priority.

I doubt Richardson. Maybe curious about Kirkpatrick though.

Hightower will be our pick, is scheme diverse can play every LB position and rush the passer, fits two needs; LB and DE :thumbsup:

Kirkpatrick is better than the Honey Badger.

Then why does every mock I've seen have honey badger going in the top 5?

I was watching "Path To The Draft" last night on NFL Network. They had some clips from the Alabama pro day. They showed Alabama's other corner Dequan Menzei running the 40. You could see Nix right at the finish line looking very intently with his stop watch. That probably doesn't mean much but i thought it was interesting that he was alot closer and seemed alot more interested than anyone else.

The kid ended up running a 4.6 i think. Mayock says he sees him as a possible free safety drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

As far as Alabama goes I would show favor to a team that has as much experience as they do over the last few years.

I was watching "Path To The Draft" last night on NFL Network. They had some clips from the Alabama pro day. They showed Alabama's other corner Dequan Menzei running the 40. You could see Nix right at the finish line looking very intently with his stop watch. That probably doesn't mean much but i thought it was interesting that he was alot closer and seemed alot more interested than anyone else.

The kid ended up running a 4.6 i think. Mayock says he sees him as a possible free safety drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

As far as Alabama goes I would show favor to a team that has as much experience as they do over the last few years.

YESSS!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping for Menzie in the later rounds. He held up extremely well playing opposite Kirkpatrick last year. He saw many more throws as teams steered away from Kirkpatrick. Hes got good size at 5-11 202. I also think he plays faster than his stopwatch time. Would love this pick with 4a or even 3rd (would be a slight reach imo).

I asked astro about him in a previous thread because drafttek didnt have him ranked. Heres the link with his response and it includes a video.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142402-vote-for-the-bills-pick/page__p__2389079__fromsearch__1#entry2389079

disagree, they look at everyone they possibly can. Anything less would be an embarrassment to the organization

I'm trying to come up with some valuable insight, but I must admit I'm baffled. I've never seen 3 players on one defensive squad be the possible pick for anyone. The Bills could legitimately take Upshaw, Hightower or (gasp) Kirkpatrick. And....since Bama has so much talent, he could be there looking at someone else. Alabama could almost run their own combine.

I'm still on Perry, Martin or Cox.