Vontaze Bufict

Poor showing at the combine. 5.09 sec 40, 30.0 in vert, 104.0 in broad jump at 6'1" 248 lbs. Do people still want him with our #41 pick? I just can't see him coming to Buffalo, especially with his character issues, not the kind of guy Nix likes. It seems like this FO wants a guy who knows how to carry themselves not just on the field, but off the field as well.

Poor showing at the combine. 5.09 sec 40, 30.0 in vert, 104.0 in broad jump at 6'1" 248 lbs. Do people still want him with our #41 pick? I just can't see him coming to Buffalo, especially with his character issues, not the kind of guy Nix likes. It seems like this FO wants a guy who knows how to carry themselves not just on the field, but off the field as well.

It would be nice if he went 3rd or 4th round because he plays like a monster on the field and that's what the GM's will be looking at. Think Brandon Spikes a few years ago. I think Barnett's feedback will be valued here if the Bills are interested and I think they are based on the time spent scouting the school. Character issues...I would like to see the Bills get some talent as opposed to the great character losers that we have been getting. I'm not saying he is the guy but is he any worse character wise than Lynch, Henry, Bruce, or Moulds??? I would have no problem drafting him with a 3rd or 4th. I don't like putting a ton of stock in the combine because they do everything but play football there. It is for people that appreciate the stats more than some of the intangibles of the game. What drills tell how hard someone hits, how well they shed blocks, their ability to cause turnovers, ability to read defenses or react to blitz....

Are we allowed to question the character of the GM's and FO's that can not produce a winning team but gladly takes money from a solid and loyal fan base?

Edited by VADC Bills

It would be nice if he went 3rd or 4th round because he plays like a monster on the field and that's what the GM's will be looking at. Think Brandon Spikes a few years ago. I think Barnett's feedback will be valued here if the Bills are interested and I think they are based on the time spent scouting the school. Character issues...I would like to see the Bills get some talent as opposed to the great character losers that we have been getting. I'm not saying he is the guy but is he any worse character wise than Lynch, Henry, Bruce, or Moulds??? I would have no problem drafting him with a 3rd or 4th. I don't like putting a ton of stock in the combine because they do everything but play football there. It is for people that appreciate the stats more than some of the intangibles of the game. What drills tell how hard someone hits, how well they shed blocks, their ability to cause turnovers, ability to read defenses or react to blitz....

Are we allowed to question the character of the GM's and FO's that can not produce a winning team but gladly takes money from a solid and loyal fan base?

Yes, even worse, because his problems are all on the field when it counts the most. If you are very good, and help the team win, fans will excuse stuff from your personal life. But you cant be an a-hole on the field, not make plays, and then do stuff that directly loses games. THAT is the definition of poor football character.

You've never seen anyone here criticize our GMs and FOs? Are you new here?

Edited by DrDareustein

I don't think a poor combine will knock Burfict lower than round 2. People like his passion and his football sense, which aren't going to show up in Indy. If he can play SAM, I think round 2 is a possibility. I'd feel pretty good about Perry and Burfict. You?

I don't think a poor combine will knock Burfict lower than round 2. People like his passion and his football sense, which aren't going to show up in Indy. If he can play SAM, I think round 2 is a possibility. I'd feel pretty good about Perry and Burfict. You?

Which people? YouTube fans?

Yes, even worse, because his problems are all on the field when it counts the most. If you are very good, and help the team win, fans will excuse stuff from your personal life. But you cant be an a-hole on the field, not make plays, and then do stuff that directly loses games. THAT is the definition of poor football character.

You've never seen anyone here criticize our GMs and FOs? Are you new here?

I have seen people criticize our GM's And FO but not the character of them.

Are you saying criminal or bad behavior off of the field is not as bad as on field stupidity???

Edited by VADC Bills

Now reports are he had the worst interviews of the combine as well.

He's falling fast.

Which people? YouTube fans?

These people.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2921

Look. They're just guessing and so are we. I think most people had Burfect in the top part of the draft. If he flames out, so what. He's not a Bills type of guy.

Now reports are he had the worst interviews of the combine as well.

He's falling fast.

I hear you...but who would report that?

Edited by JPS

These people.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2921

Look. They're just guessing and so are we. I think most people had Burfect in the top part of the draft. If he flames out, so what. He's not a Bills type of guy.

I hear you...but who would report that?

My point, he's been falling far for 12 months.

Still gets a lot of residual copy and paste off old reports but none of it's up to date.

He played slow, out of control and missed assignments all year.

My point, he's been falling far for 12 months.

Still gets a lot of residual copy and paste off old reports but none of it's up to date.

He played slow, out of control and missed assignments all year.

Point taken. He IS one of the stories of this draft. His placement is nothing if not interesting....

BTW, I just saw his 5.10 40 run. WOW (that's a bad wow).

Point taken. He IS one of the stories of this draft. His placement is nothing if not interesting....

BTW, I just saw his 5.10 40 run. WOW (that's a bad wow).

Yea. That's mediocre for a 300 lbs guy. His fall from the top ten is a sad story indeed, and I dont see it stopping anytime soon.

For reference - among the 40 stories last year was fairly edging dareus with 4.8s vs 4.9s

Edited by NoSaint

I didn't really watch him this year but I'm really surprised at how poorly he did in the 40 and jumping- undisciplined I believed but I swear two years ago he looked fast and explosive, oh well another cautionary tale about a player who going in the forth round instead of the first.