Rick Santorum: Either dumb or fanatical

John Adams

Too many of his 'compromises' seem to be of the sort like he made on the 'Catholic institutions must pay for abortifacients' deal. His initial position was that Catholic institutions must pay for their employees to get abortifacients. When that was derided, his position morphed to the insurers of Catholic institutions must pay for those employees to get abortifacients. Now, unless the insurance companies are going to go bankrupt, those costs will get passed back to the Catholic institutions and the end result is the exact same as what he started out with. When the end result is the exact same as what the initial result was, there wasn't much compromise now was there?

He starts out in left field (or more accurately, outside the stadium towards the left field side) and then moves about 2 ft towards center, if at all, but he's still in left field.

And what happens if the hypothetical Catholic institution is self-insured?

Waiting Barry. Waiting...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Guess what? JA hates Santorum so badly that he'd happily enjoy another four years of Barack Obama's amazing leadership skills

I know, I'm just as surprised as the rest of you because he's never mentioned it here before.

That's irrelevant. Santorum has neither a chance at the nomination, nor, the general election. Without looking at the numbers and going based on what I hear people on the left and independents saying, I think Ron Paul has no chance at the nomination, but the best chance at winning the general election if he did.

I am sure Santorum is a good man with good ideas, but I think his religous rhetoric will scare the independents off. Just my opinion, FWIW

And what happens if the hypothetical Catholic institution is self-insured?

Waiting Barry. Waiting...

Sorry, but if they don't like it, they don't have to hire people. We may not have a great option, but I'd prefer that the government makes laws deciding such things, and the catholic church should refrain from deciding them. Religous organizations gaining too much power is just as bad, if not worse than the government getting too much.

Edited by Adam

Sorry, but if they don't like it, they don't have to hire people. We may not have a great option, but I'd prefer that the government makes laws deciding such things, and the catholic church should refrain from deciding them. Religous organizations gaining too much power is just as bad, if not worse than the government getting too much.

Sometimes people just say the dumbest things. Just think about this statement for 30 seconds and see if you want to take it back.

Sometimes people just say the dumbest things. Just think about this statement for 30 seconds and see if you want to take it back.

You are absolutely right. I completely apologize and I wish the church would vote to abolish the constitution and implement their own, as that has historically worked well :wallbash:

You are absolutely right. I completely apologize and I wish the church would vote to abolish the constitution and implement their own, as that has historically worked well :wallbash:

The first time in recorded history you take the fence post out of your ass and take a stand...and THIS is what you're posting?

The first time in recorded history you take the fence post out of your ass and take a stand...and THIS is what you're posting?

When they hold Sunday sermons and give people spiritual guidance, they are a place of worship.

When they hire people and provide benefits, they are a place of business.

The two need to be separate, even if they are in the same place. I find that best for both aspects of the church. Business shouldn't affect religious decisions, nor should religion affect business decisions. That's how it is.

Yeah, you know Adam might be middle of the road, but at least he is not a troll like you and I.

Wow. I am at a total loss on how to answer this. So i will settle for this. Good night y'all.

Are you out of your mind? Were you sleeping when the HHS gave waiver after waiver after waiver to other businesses with respect to certain (other) provisions of Obamacare? Why the big fuss over this one? Were those businesses 'abolishing the constitution and implementing their own'?

Are you out of your mind? Were you sleeping when the HHS gave waiver after waiver after waiver to other businesses with respect to certain (other) provisions of Obamacare? Why the big fuss over this one? Were those businesses 'abolishing the constitution and implementing their own'?

If they give a waiver, that is legal. I am not familiar with a law named Obamacare. Sorry, but I was taught in grade school to refer to things by their proper names. There is no Obamacare or Rombeycare. There may be an Adamcare law in the near future, though.

If they give a waiver, that is legal. I am not familiar with a law named Obamacare. Sorry, but I was taught in grade school to refer to things by their proper names. There is no Obamacare or Rombeycare. There may be an Adamcare law in the near future, though.

:death:

What is your problem? Ahh... forget it. Not worth the effort. Congratulations.

What is your problem? Ahh... forget it. Not worth the effort. Congratulations.

My problem isn't you. I just grow tired of the demogouging on both sides. If the Affordable Health Care Act stands, I am fine. If it is repealed, I am fine. Chances are that neither my salary, nor insurance will change. I just wish the people who want it repealed (and I am mainly talking about those in Congress( could call it by its proper name, instead of making up pet names. Both sides of the aisle are just as bad.

My problem isn't you. I just grow tired of the demogouging on both sides. If the Affordable Health Care Act stands, I am fine. If it is repealed, I am fine. Chances are that neither my salary, nor insurance will change. I just wish the people who want it repealed (and I am mainly talking about those in Congress( could call it by its proper name, instead of making up pet names. Both sides of the aisle are just as bad.

So should we (you included) start calling the Bush Tax Cuts:

The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001

And

The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003

:blink:

Really?

Aren't you the same guy that put Tom's quote

No, the problem is that the health care law is a REALLY bad law

in bold, underlined, huge font and stated

That deserved to be bolded, underlined and resized. I don't think anyone on either side of the aisle or the middle could ever disagree with that.

Out of curiosity, how do you reconcile those 2 views? You state that it's a bad law but you're good with it. :huh:

Really?

Out of curiosity, how do you reconcile those 2 views? You state that it's a bad law but you're good with it. :huh:

I don't think its a good law. It was basically taped together and rammed through. It won't really affect me all that much- I guess that's a bad outlook.

So should we (you included) start calling the Bush Tax Cuts:

The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001

And

The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003

:blink:

Chef- you are absolutely 100% right. You just keep hearing that garbage over and over again- then start spewing it as well......My bad.

Edited by Adam

Really?

It's how Adam stays in the middle. Yes, it's a bad law, and sure, that's okay, because it won't affect him much, and besides, Adam believes in compromise, even on things that don't require compromise. Plus, his health care won't change under Obamacare, until it does, when his provider closes shop because it was forced to take on everyone with a pre-determined condition and none of it's members wanted to pay the higher rate to cover those other members. But he'll be okay when he's forced to go into the government pool when that is all his employer can provide. And he'll be fine when the government starts adding a health care tax to ensure all Americans contribute to the health care law that was initially designed to lower the costs of health care and actually pay itself.

Because Adam is built to compromise, and sometimes compromise means taking it in the mouth and the ass just so long as they promise not to stick it in your ears at the same time. Unless they need to. Then he'll be ready to compromise again.

It's how Adam stays in the middle. Yes, it's a bad law, and sure, that's okay, because it won't affect him much, and besides, Adam believes in compromise, even on things that don't require compromise. Plus, his health care won't change under Obamacare, until it does, when his provider closes shop because it was forced to take on everyone with a pre-determined condition and none of it's members wanted to pay the higher rate to cover those other members. But he'll be okay when he's forced to go into the government pool when that is all his employer can provide. And he'll be fine when the government starts adding a health care tax to ensure all Americans contribute to the health care law that was initially designed to lower the costs of health care and actually pay itself.

Because Adam is built to compromise, and sometimes compromise means taking it in the mouth and the ass just so long as they promise not to stick it in your ears at the same time. Unless they need to. Then he'll be ready to compromise again.

Need a hanky, son?

Still...makes more sense than when he decides to take a stand.

I still want to know why birth control is free but my lithium ain't.

Because we can't take the chance of any more DCToms. :devil:

Edited by 3rdnlng

if I had to make sense to others, Id be a very unhappy person. Not too sure what lithium is used for, but i am a Nirvana fan.

Need a hanky, son?

Interestingly, I was just thinking that the government should provide free hankys to everyone because one time on CSI we saw someone use a hanky to clot the blood of a gunshot wound, and it only makes sense that everyone should have free hankies in case they, too, need to clot the blood of a gunshot wound. Because when I was in college, I suffered tremendous financial hardships because hankies cost me over $3000 a year, and I just don't understand why I should be subjected to such outrageous fees for something that has been proven to same lives.

Wait. What was the problem again? Oh yeah, there was no problem. It was just a fake problem so we'd stop paying attention to our real problems. But we're ready to compromise, just in case.

Interestingly, I was just thinking that the government should provide free hankys to everyone because one time on CSI we saw someone use a hanky to clot the blood of a gunshot wound, and it only makes sense that everyone should have free hankies in case they, too, need to clot the blood of a gunshot wound. Because when I was in college, I suffered tremendous financial hardships because hankies cost me over $3000 a year, and I just don't understand why I should be subjected to such outrageous fees for something that has been proven to same lives.

Wait. What was the problem again? Oh yeah, there was no problem. It was just a fake problem so we'd stop paying attention to our real problems. But we're ready to compromise, just in case.

so do you want the hanky? It's a yea or no question.

No, the issue was about hanky panky. Without the panky there is no way hankies are going to cost you $3000 a year. But then again if no man is involved should it cost anything?

You know, every so often I start thinking that maybe we shouldn't rag on him too much for finally taking a stand, and maybe we should be encouraging and supportive as he breaks out of his comfort zone.

But then I remember what happens when he commits himself.

you don't have to side with a group to be taking a stand on something. I don't care if i sound like an idiot more often than not. My opinion is the opinion of one person. I don't care if people agree with me, I don't care if they don't.

you don't have to side with a group to be taking a stand on something. I don't care if i sound like an idiot more often than not. My opinion is the opinion of one person. I don't care if people agree with me, I don't care if they don't.

And in your opinion, religious freedom is equivalent to letting the Catholic Church write their own constitution.

It's not your stance I'm mocking you for; it's the absolute idiocy with which you express it.

And in your opinion, religious freedom is equivalent to letting the Catholic Church write their own constitution.

It's not your stance I'm mocking you for; it's the absolute idiocy with which you express it.

You are correct about the second part- I really try on that, but I am decent at writing up sports, but not personal opinions. As far as the first part, that isn't my opinion at all- the business and religious aspects of the church are separate- it is a very muddled issue, I will say that.