Should games be weighted?

SDS

If you want the best matchup at the end of the year, maybe games should be weighted with more weight given to the latter games.

That keeps hot teams gone cold from backing into the playoffs and it allows the hot teams who are playing their best ball to make the playoffs. :blink:

If you want the best matchup at the end of the year, maybe games should be weighted with more weight given to the latter games.

That keeps hot teams gone cold from backing into the playoffs and it allows the hot teams who are playing their best ball to make the playoffs.  :blink:

180379[/snapback]

Last night's game should have been weighted...

...with cement and chains, and dropped into the depths of Lake Erie.

That keeps hot teams gone cold from backing into the playoffs and it allows the hot teams who are playing their best ball to make the playoffs.  :blink:

180379[/snapback]

Weighting? STarting to sound a little like the BCS my friend..... ;)

That keeps hot teams gone cold from backing into the playoffs and it allows the hot teams who are playing their best ball to make the playoffs.  ;)

180379[/snapback]

Your either on to something or on something. Get some Cowbell while there's still time fearless leader. :blink:

Naaah, the result would end up with decisions which smack of the BCS in college.

The current result is bad as match-ups happen which do not reflect the current reality of the game, but almost certainly any fixes will create a series of controversies which will be worse.

I'm comfortable with everyone being aware of the rules at the start and dealing with the result good and bad.

If someone has another proposal then they have taken on the responsibility of demonstrating that their new proposal is better than the current bad situation.

180379[/snapback]

I think for every six games you win in a row, scoring 33 points or more in each win, you should be given an extra win credit.

180379[/snapback]

I guess what has been done in NFL years past still works. I am in the camp of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The next step would be using W/L records for wild card seeding - regardless of the conference. ;)

180379[/snapback]

Who decides "best ball"?...The Bills' nice run hasn't exactly been against the "creme de la creme"...

A "fan" vote like those idiotic reality shows, perhaps? ;)

Who decides "best ball"?...The Bills' nice run hasn't exactly been against the "creme de la creme"...

A "fan" vote like those idiotic reality shows, perhaps? :blink:

180554[/snapback]

no, no, no...

I'm thinking you get 1 point for a win in week 1, 2 in week 2, etc.... that may be extreme, but maybe it is 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc...

That way, wins at the end count more than the beginning. I would rather see an 0-8 team become 8-8 and make the playoffs than a 8-0 team that goes 8-8.

No BCS stuff, just a simple weighting that meakes each game worth more than the last.

180379[/snapback]

Ummmm, no. We should have beaten JAX, and then all we'd have to do is win this weekend.