Should games be weighted?

SDS

no, no, no...

I'm thinking you get 1 point for a win in week 1, 2 in week 2, etc....  that may be extreme, but maybe it is 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc...

That way, wins at the end count more than the beginning.  I would rather see an 0-8 team become 8-8 and make the playoffs than a 8-0 team that goes 8-8.

No BCS stuff, just a simple weighting that meakes each game worth more than the last.

180580[/snapback]

But wouldn't that lead to sandbagging, holding players out early on, knowing that a late-season win is worth twice as much as in the first games?

I understand your point, but it seems ripe for shenigans...and the betting mob would likely go nuts if not violent. :blink:

So, if we would lose this weekend, and Denver would win, putting us both at 10-6?  We would get in?  We'd both have identical AFC records?

180610[/snapback]

Because if the Jets win, even if we lost this weekend, we are in by tiebreaker over jets. Remember there are 2 wildcards.

no, no, no...

I'm thinking you get 1 point for a win in week 1, 2 in week 2, etc....  that may be extreme, but maybe it is 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc...

That way, wins at the end count more than the beginning.  I would rather see an 0-8 team become 8-8 and make the playoffs than a 8-0 team that goes 8-8.

No BCS stuff, just a simple weighting that meakes each game worth more than the last.

180580[/snapback]

100% no. Think of how unfair the scheduling could be Scott - teams getting in the playoffs just because they happend to catch a 3-13 team in week 17 who had already started making tee times.

The current tiebreakers are the best solution, just like democracy is the best form of government amongst many bad choices.