Jason Campbell

nmocdr

I see alot of talk about a new back up QB, what about Jason Campbell? I think he is the best option out there and not a whole lot of talk about him.

I would be in favor of this. Hes better than hes been treated in his career. Im sure hes looking for an opportunity to start. Miami or the Jets are more Likely , perhaps seattle

I see alot of talk about a new back up QB, what about Jason Campbell? I think he is the best option out there and not a whole lot of talk about him.

Definitely! They could have made the playoffs IMO if he didn't get injured. He was playing 2nd tier quarterback in the NFL. Well beyond backup status. If I were the Raiders, he would be my starting quarterback over Carson "give up two first round picks" Palmer.

The Raiders FO really botched that one.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You'd have an instant quarterback controversy. I think the front office wants to avoid that at all costs this year. They've committed to Fitz and if he is really inconsistent again next year, I could see them making a move like this. I could see them drafting a rookie in the mid rounds to develop. That won't undermine Fitz's legitimacy like signing a guy who would want to compete for the starting job.

I would be in favor of this. Hes better than hes been treated in his career. Im sure hes looking for an opportunity to start. Miami or the Jets are more Likely , perhaps seattle

Agree 100%. He has gotten a raw deal. He's better than Palmer, that's why that trade was so stupid in the first place.

That said, he would be better served looking for a place he might start.

Man, this is a tough one. Campbell is a competitor. He has a great arm, and has really come a long way despite all the B.S. that he's endured. I'd hate to see a guy like that ruined by Chan Gailey, and riding pine behind Fitz-spastic.

If he'll play for us, I'd take him, -but he deserves much better.

I agree. He would be a definite upgrade. But there would be a QB controversy. If ever given a real chance to compete, there is a good chance he could beat out Fritz. While he is not the answer at QB for the long run, he could be what Fritz is. A caretaker QB while we develop the QB of the future. Actually I would be more comfortable with him than Fritz. Less mistakes, more consistent. Fritz may have more potential to win a few on his own, but Fritz also is more apt to really stink enough to lose a game on his own as well. Campbell is more apt to consistently let a good team to win with a good effort, but not very apt to personally win one by himself when the rest of the team puts in a sub par effort. I'd rather it be a team win or a team loss, based on the overall teams performance, not just one player's performance. But that is just me, I consider it a whole team sport, and a whole team effort.

I think we should draft Weeden & ax Thigpen , it would save us more cap room & Weeden is the same age basically as those 2 & is a lot better for the immediate future .

If Weeden isn't there i for some reason think Keenum is going to be a really good NFL QB & i also like Osweilers up side !!