Do we give Clausen a shot?

Armchair GM

Was it his 3 tds or 10 turnovers you found more attractive? Perhaps his 52% completion percentage?

And dont say he was on a bad team because Cam Newton looked just fine last year

Cam Newton may have had the greatest rookie season in the history of American Football.

I'm not saying, "Yes, git r' done Buddy," but I think it would be foolish to write the guy's career off altogether.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The Bills are currently in a very vulnerable situation with Tyler Thigpen as our backup qb. If Fitz gets hurt then another season is going to go down the tubes. Whether the Bills bring in average qbs such as Quinn, Clausen, Orton or whoever to backup, this team needs to get a credible backup qb. One qb I would like this organization to consider is Dixon from the Steelers.

Cam Newton may have had the greatest rookie season in the history of American Football.

I'm not saying, "Yes, git r' done Buddy," but I think it would be foolish to write the guy's career off altogether.

I agree. Is anyone here seriously sold on Thigpen?

The Bills are currently in a very vulnerable situation with Tyler Thigpen as our backup qb. If Fitz gets hurt then another season is going to go down the tubes. Whether the Bills bring in average qbs such as Quinn, Clausen, Orton or whoever to backup, this team needs to get a credible backup qb. One qb I would like this organization to consider is Dixon from the Steelers.

what are you basing this on ? Real games or preseason ? Because in actual NFL games Thigpen has played fairly well for a back up.

Im gonna keep saying this DRAFT NICK FOLES

Nick Foles or someone else - there are too many QB's in this year's draft for the Bills to walk away from it without having found a QB who generates some interest and who has some potential. There are a handful of QB's that could go anywhere from the top of round 2 to the mid rounds who could end up like Dalton, which is to say, a very capable starter, if not an all star.

Claussen is a piss-poor excuse for an NFL qb. He was horrible as a rookie and showed just enough to be inactive all last season for a losing team. You want that guy as a back-up? I'd take a flyer on Quinn or gladly have Orton behind center long before I'd take a second glance at him.

When he came out, I wanted nothing to do with the Pickle before the 3rd round. If we can get him for "free", meaning no draft picks, I'm ok with a minimum contract to compete with Thiggy or maybe, develop for the future.

But folks, Clausen had "bust" written all over him 2 years ago. I only hope that his situation now shoves a red hot flare up his anal orifice and turns him finally, in to the QB he COULD be....