Season Ticket prices will not change this season

Just Jack

Don't be stupid. You saved $400. Most of us are paying more and getting a worthless game that we were told we wouldn't be getting and paying for full price for that garbage game.

Yes, it sucks for everyone but me. No other NFL fans have to buy 2 preseason games for their teams.

PTR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto has stated that they have other commitments this summer.... one baseball game and one other "possible" event. Thus no preseason game in Canada.

Well, it'll be interesting to see when that day comes... Especially if nothing is going on at SkyDome that day.

I'm still of the opinion that Rogers actually loses money on the Toronto Series (especially the preseason games). I'll bet you that if they were turning a profit, this "scheduling conflict" wouldn't have been an issue.

If they do renew the series (which I have my doubts, regardless of what Rogers and Russ Brandon say) I'm betting it won't include any preseason games.

-Bill

I totally don't get why keeping the Rockpile sold out is such a big deal. No one sees the Rockpile on TV. You are more likely to see the empty seats in the upper deck corners. The Rockpile will always be sold out because it's (now by far) the cheapest seat in the house.

PTR

When you kick field goals you can change camera angles that do not show upper deck.Were are the goal posts? I think why they lowered the rockpile tickets is to get All the young drunks (college$$) and tour bus drunks in one area which would make it easier to police. They might also want to make sure there are alot of bodies in the end zone to make sure it is LOUD when the visiting team has the ball at that end.

When you kick field goals you can change camera angles that do not show upper deck.Were are the goal posts? I think why they lowered the rockpile tickets is to get All the young drunks (college$$) and tour bus drunks in one area which would make it easier to police. They might also want to make sure there are alot of bodies in the end zone to make sure it is LOUD when the visiting team has the ball at that end.

Drunks? I prefer sobriety deficient.

PTR

Raise prices, people B word. Lower them, people B word. Move games to Toronto, people B word. Bring games back from Toronto, people B word.

PTR

You could just say.....

"Bills issue press release, people B word"

That way it covers every scenario.

As Rogers Media President Keith Pelley told The AP, there's a yet-to-be announced event that Rogers has scheduled during that late-August stretch. It was Rogers that offered the game back to the Bills, and Brandon agreed, saying he could turn it into their annual kids day event.

and the big news here, I think is Rogers not looking for more than 1 reg-season game in talks to extend series

jw

Not looking for more than one REGULAR season game. What about PLAYOFS? Wikipedia had (since removed) the second NFL playoff game would be at the skydome.

Do you happen to have season tickets?

Yes, from wayyyyyyy back when. We used to pay for 10 games in my day!

Not looking for more than one REGULAR season game. What about PLAYOFS?

Oh God, I can see it now - "Bills Fans Complain About High Playoff Ticket Prices"

Yes, from wayyyyyyy back when. We used to pay for 10 games in my day!

Oh God, I can see it now - "Bills Fans Complain About High Playoff Ticket Prices"

I doubt you go back any further than me. Yeah, I have no problem paying for 10, because that means 8 games that I'll go to and 2 that I won't. Not 7 and 2.

Some people understand logic. I was just on the Bills official site, trying to find how much this is going to cost me, but of course can't find that, but you can comment under press releases apparently, and somebody posted this:

Who's kidding who here? The standard season ticket holder is going to have to pay

for an extra pre season game that no one wants to see. PLEASE, don't play it like

you're doing us a big favor by not jacking up the prices on an inferior product,

when the fact is, we'll be paying more than we did last season.

Yes, it sucks for everyone but me. No other NFL fans have to buy 2 preseason games for their teams.

PTR

Technically no one has to buy anything. To those who don't like it, don't renew and tell your sales rep that's why.

It really is ridiculous that the NFL has the balls to charge full price for preseason games. The Sabres, by means of comparison, include the preseason games in the season ticket packages, but at a much lower price.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not looking for more than one REGULAR season game. What about PLAYOFS? Wikipedia had (since removed) the second NFL playoff game would be at the skydome.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, so don't put to much faith in it when referring to the Bills.

Are you a season ticket holder?

Yes, Mead is a season ticket holder, he lives near Albany and drives to the games.

It really is ridiculous that the NFL has the balls to charge full price for preseason games. The Sabres, by means of comparison, include the preseason games in the season ticket packages, but at a much lower price.

Bingo!

Yes, Mead is a season ticket holder, he lives near Albany and drives to the games.

I've looked back three pages and don't see Mead in here, but I assume somewhere he was for this price increase? Does he drive in for the two preseason games?

Reflecting on this a bit more, if the Bills really are double dipping on this (money from Rogers and from season ticket holders) and they don't lose any season ticket holders over it, it is a brilliant business move on the part of the Bills. Free money, what's not to love about that!

Reflecting on this a bit more, if the Bills really are double dipping on this (money from Rogers and from season ticket holders) and they don't lose any season ticket holders over it, it is a brilliant business move on the part of the Bills. Free money, what's not to love about that!

Maybe but if the expense of an additional game negatively affects sales and people complain about it publicly, it might not end up being such a brilliant move.

It seems like public response to the team's largesse is somewhat "flat."

Technically no one has to buy anything. To those who don't like it, don't renew and tell your sales rep that's why.

Would you feel better if regular season games cost more to offset it? Does the face kill you that bad when buying a full package?

I don't love paying a fortune for them but I do enjoy going to the stadium and seeing the guys in person. Watching how that prospect has developed or seeing the other teams first rounder play time I might not otherwise see for a few years. I guess the point being, I like going to games, even if they aren't counted, just to enjoy the game and experience live. I only get to do it so often.

Would you feel better if regular season games cost more to offset it? Does the face kill you that bad when buying a full package?

I don't love paying a fortune for them but I do enjoy going to the stadium and seeing the guys in person. Watching how that prospect has developed or seeing the other teams first rounder play time I might not otherwise see for a few years. I guess the point being, I like going to games, even if they aren't counted, just to enjoy the game and experience live. I only get to do it so often.

Half the time what you are watching at preseason games are guys that are going to be selling hot dogs at the stadium in a couple weeks.

You are right though, I must have forgotten that this is the NFL we are talking about. If they charged less for the preseason games the NFL would without a doubt raise the price of the regular season games to at least offset the preseason games reduction. What was I thinking. :doh:

Probably the better way to think of it is to take the total price of your season ticket and divide by 7 and consider that as your ticket cost. And treat the preseason games as free :)

Half the time what you are watching at preseason games are guys that are going to be selling hot dogs at the stadium in a couple weeks.

You are right though, I must have forgotten that this is the NFL we are talking about. If they charged less for the preseason games the NFL would without a doubt raise the price of the regular season games to at least offset the preseason games reduction. What was I thinking. :doh:

Probably the better way to think of it is to take the total price of your season ticket and divide by 7 and consider that as your ticket cost. And treat the preseason games as free :)

This is always what I did. I would then either gift those games or donate them. The first year I had seasons I was able to sell them for face value to some drunken idiot but no luck the other years. The drive makes it to costly to attend exhibition games so I just consider it a sunk cost and enjoy the regular season (unless one of the home game sis the 3rd preseason game then I might make an attempt).

They also play 41 home games and the average prices are higher. Apples and oranges. Pre-season games have always been included in the season ticket package at full price. People have always bitched. It a'int going to change. But them or don't, as you point out, but people in Buffalo who already enjoy very low prices comapred to the rest of the league have very little to B word about, at least in terms of pricing. Now in terms of product ...