Sarah Palin Hoping For Brokered Convention

Okay...this Republican primary is just like all the others have been... just business as usueal :rolleyes:

The momentum swings you refer to were between Obama and Clinton..that is how it normally works. This Republican primary has had 11 shifts in the front runner...I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is un-precednted in modern American presidentiall politics. The "racist pandering and 3AM call" (which you parrotted from B-man, even though there is such an extensive list to cherry pick, you claim) And this isn't even necessarily a battle of personalities as much as it is a battle of ideology. Honestly, I think that is what makes it so interesting. Clinton and Obama were much more similar than they are different.

Well, it's a ridiculous comparison, and no way either side can prove which was more vicious.

But I wouldn't get your hopes up about a splintered GOP. At this point in time, my dumbass dog could win the GOP primary, and it wouldn't dissuade the GOP voters from picking that stupid B word over Obama.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...can you think of a front-runner who was so dis-liked by his own party?

How much of this is media overstatement? Some candidates are going to play better in certain states than others. Every time there is a little shift the media plays it up big. Sort of like the way Davey is doing it here. Whoever he sees gaining a little momentum he attacks with some distorted link to a Daily Kos article.

I think it's fair to say that no one knows how fractured the GOP is or will be until after the election. That's why I refer to "ruining the narrative," because from Robert Gibbs ("race to the bottom") to David Axelrod to Wasserman-Shultz to parrots like you and DIN, we get the message: the GOP is fractured, in disarray, it's never been this bad, brokered convention, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, we hear you all, over and over and over, singing the exact same line, which we all know is basic marketing 101. But you seem to forget the airwaves filled with, say, Chris Matthews

But just remember, all you need is more Obama/Biden blunders, another Solyndra, more Fast and Furious, another stimulus failure, another "Oops, we didn't mean for the health care bill to do that," or the unemployment rate to catch up with reality, and no one will care what you think about the state of the GOP.

Ooohhh...the Grand Dame of PPP has spoken.

Honestly, I didn't make my original comment as a criticism of the Republican party, but more just expressing how interesting the race is.

I don't even think it is a bad thing for the Republican party, in the long run...though it may have short term (negative) consequences. It just seems to me, the party is kind of re-defining what it is, and what it stands for. But, being the whiney, bitchy little queen that you tend to be, I'll give you your props for your dramatic flair.

I think it's fair to say that no one knows how fractured the GOP is or will be until after the election. That's why I refer to "ruining the narrative," because from Robert Gibbs ("race to the bottom") to David Axelrod to Wasserman-Shultz to parrots like you and DIN, we get the message: the GOP is fractured, in disarray, it's never been this bad, brokered convention, blah, blah, blah.

This is correct.

These repetitive declarations of how badly the GOP is fractured, seem to forget that it is still February, not post-convention.

Nor do they draw any relevant comparisons, such as the GOP campaigns of 1980 or 2000 at this point

(Those which are most recently following Dem administrations) for those who need perspective.......lol

How much of this is media overstatement? Some candidates are going to play better in certain states than others. Every time there is a little shift the media plays it up big. Sort of like the way Davey is doing it here. Whoever he sees gaining a little momentum he attacks with some distorted link to a Daily Kos article.

It may be overstatement, true. But, it is odd that Romney can never seem to gain any momentum. And, the longer he has to defend himself from his competition for the party nod, the worse he seems to come off, and his poll numbers reflect it.

Edited by Buftex

Ooohhh...the Grand Dame of PPP has spoken.

Honestly, I didn't make my original comment as a criticism of the Republican party, but more just expressing how interesting the race is.

I don't even think it is a bad thing for the Republican party, in the long run...though it may have short term (negative) consequences. It just seems to me, the party is kind of re-defining what it is, and what it stands for. But, being the whiney, bitchy little queen that you tend to be, I'll give you your props for your dramatic flair.

Still smarting after finding out I thought you were a chick all these years. :lol:

You can't have it both ways, and yet you try. It can't be the worst primary in the history of the entire world that is fracturing the party in one breath and it may be an overstatement in the next.

It's that kind of logic that always convinced me you were a chick.

I'd like to point out that preferring 1 candidate to another does not mean that you dislike the second candidate.

Exactly. What it says is there are three candidates that the Republicans think are about equally good.

I think most Republicans will vote for the eventual nominee - even if they do it somewhat begrudgingly because they know the alternative is a continuation of the most astoundingly imperial presidency that anyone could ever imagine. We elected a President - not a King - which seems to be the model the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue espouses. What do we have now - 26 "Czars" and counting? Ruling by fiat and dictate is not how the founders envisioned this national government to be run.

Still smarting after finding out I thought you were a chick all these years. :lol:

You can't have it both ways, and yet you try. It can't be the worst primary in the history of the entire world that is fracturing the party in one breath and it may be an overstatement in the next.

It's that kind of logic that always convinced me you were a chick.

And it is your kind of logic that always convinced me your not as smart as you seem to think you are, and you are pretty much an !@#$! :lol:

The two points you are trying to connect are not related.

Edited by Buftex

It may be overstatement, true. But, it is odd that Romney can never seem to gain any momentum. And, the longer he has to defend himself from his competition for the party nod, the worse he seems to come off, and his poll numbers reflect it.

He's certainly getting attacked, even for his successes. Gingrich's and Perry's vulture capitalism remarks were out of line and disingenuous. I look forward to Romney comparing his successful version of venture capitalism to Obama's failed venture capitalism.

He's certainly getting attacked, even for his successes. Gingrich's and Perry's vulture capitalism remarks were out of line and disingenuous. I look forward to Romney comparing his successful version of venture capitalism to Obama's failed venture capitalism.

Tough thing for Romney is, given the climate of the campaign, he can't really boast about how successful he was, not only as a businessman, but as a governer. His strengths have become weaknesses. What is interestig too, if Santorum stays out in front, it would be yet another shift...he is very much a social conservative, but not necessarily the fiscal conservative that so many Republicans want.

But the far more likely sequence is that Romney will in fact be the nominee and a strong one, just as the Chicago gang fears.

The emerging consensus is the obvious one: Romney will win Michigan and Arizona, and go on to a strong Super Tuesday showing and the nomination. MSM plus a few anti-Romneys among the conservative media can try and drive a message of impending doom, but it just isn't there, and Romney overtaking Santorum in Michigan will be, like the victory in Florida, the latest and the last of the Romney of the MSM-generated "tests" of the likely GOP nominee. The Kos Kids and the UAW will try and bleed Romney by voting for Santorum in Michigan's "open" primary, but the GOP base knows much more than the MSM gives it credit for and knows the Chicago gang and its allies are trying to bleed their strongest general election nominee. Many will vote for Rick Santorum on principle, but the idea that Romney is fatally wounded by a loss in Michigan is just as absurd as some from-the-sidelines "new" candidate emerging.

The latest PPP poll shows the race in Michigan moving towards Romney, and the only reason I cite a PPP poll is because the last PPP poll showed a large lead for Santorum. (Santorum was allegedly ahead by 15 points last week and by 4 now. Right.) The MSM cannot help itself and is systematically defining the former Pennsylvania senator as outside of the American mainstream by latching on to bits of his speeches or a single Q-and-A, such as his comments on prenatal testing, and turning them into entire news cycle, often distorting the key messages on the economy Santorum is delivering along the way. The left's desire to wound Romney with a Santorum win in Michigan has been undermined by the left's inability to let any discussion of abortion, religious liberty, contraception or genetic testing emerge that challenges the world view of the pro-choice absolutists.

{snip}

The debate Wednesday night should be about Iran, Israel and the carnage in Syria, but expect it to be back on contraception to at least some extent. Incredibly, it will be the third time that John King moderates a GOP nominees' debate, which is in itself absurd. King is a smart, affable professional, but does anyone think that he ought to have played such a key role in shaping the GOP primary season? We have ended up talking about contraception and not the massive time-bomb of debt, the acceptance of 8% unemployment, and the looming crisis in the Middle East because the MSM shaped the contest to date. After Super Tuesday, the party and its candidates are going to have to organize a refusal to allow the Manhattan-Beltway media elite to define the campaign and defend the president by doing so.

Hugh Hewitt

Edited by B-Man

Exactly. What it says is there are three candidates that the Republicans think are about equally good.

I think most Republicans will vote for the eventual nominee - even if they do it somewhat begrudgingly because they know the alternative is a continuation of the most astoundingly imperial presidency that anyone could ever imagine. We elected a President - not a King - which seems to be the model the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue espouses. What do we have now - 26 "Czars" and counting? Ruling by fiat and dictate is not how the founders envisioned this national government to be run.

This is nothing more than an appeal to paranoia. Get yourself some help my friend.

Yes, you total idiot, this

Is worse than Dems in '08, are you really too stupid to see that?

Answer: yes he is

Last I checked Obama went into the election against McCain with a united party behind him, more united than McCain had. Good luck getting anywhere near that with whatever loser the GOP nominates this year

Says the dude who displays a link/picture/video fail within the same post.

Yes, we hear you all, over and over and over, singing the exact same line, which we all know is basic marketing 101. But you seem to forget the airwaves filled with, say, Chris Matthews

But just remember, all you need is more Obama/Biden blunders, another Solyndra, more Fast and Furious, another stimulus failure, another "Oops, we didn't mean for the health care bill to do that," or the unemployment rate to catch up with reality, and no one will care what you think about the state of the GOP.

You forgot $4+ gas prices.