NFC playoff picture

PromoTheRobot

Right now the Rams (6-8) can only catch the Minnesota Vikings. (8-7) Both the Panthers (7-8) and Saints (7-8) have beaten the Rams. If the Rams beat the Eagles and Jets and the Vikings lose to Washington, both will be 8-8 but the Rams will have the better conference record. But if the Rams lose to Philly tonight, they are eliminated.

Basically, pray for the Rams to win tonight if we want the Rams to TRY to beat the Jets next week.

On a cool side note, next weeks Saints/Panthers game is essentially a playoff game, with the winner getting the #5 or #6 playoff seed, depending on what happens with the Rams and Vikings.

PTR

I forgot one other obscure possibility:  IF the Saints and Panthers were to end in a tie next week, and the Rams won out, the Rams and Vikings would be in, and Saints and Panthers would be out.

PTR

180266[/snapback]

One side note: The Vikings haven't won an outdoor road game since 1999 I think. They are AT Washington. They've also lost to the Bears this year in Chicago.

One side note: The Vikings haven't won an outdoor road game since 1999 I think.  They are AT Washington.  They've also lost to the Bears this year in Chicago.

180269[/snapback]

That is amazing if it's true. I wonder if Mike Tice gets his extension if his team chokes out of the playoffs two years straight?

PTR

That is amazing if it's true.  I wonder if Mike Tice gets his extension if his team chokes out of the playoffs two years straight?

PTR

180277[/snapback]

I think you can bank on Tice being gone. We're talking about a 6-0 team and a 5-1 team missing the playoffs in two straight years if that happens.

That is amazing if it's true.  I wonder if Mike Tice gets his extension if his team chokes out of the playoffs two years straight?

PTR

180277[/snapback]

He's Toast right now UNLESS they win the Super Bowl. The feeling here is that with Moss and Culpepper he had the horses to get it done. :blink:

NEVER say never in the NFL. If I remember correctly, we had about 20 people claiming "ITS OVER!! ITS OVER!!" last week at this time when the Jags won, and then yesterday they get B word-slapped by the Texans. If you honestly think the Colts or Rams will just mail it in because it doesnt "mean" anything in terms of playoff spots, then clearly anyone who says that has not been paying attention the last few years. Need I remind anyone of the Cards totally screwing over the Vikings last year?

The Redskins have a VERY good chance of beating the Vikes at home. I'd give STL an excellent shot of making the playoffs if they take care of business tonight. I think they will beat an unmotivated Eagles team. Since the Jets/Rams game is 1:00 next Sunday the Rams won't have a possibility for a letdown either since their game is the same time as the Vikes game. This all bodes well for Buffalo assuming we beat Pitt.

He's Toast right now UNLESS they win the Super Bowl.  The feeling here is that with Moss and Culpepper he had the horses to get it done. :blink:

180288[/snapback]

and add Winfield to it....He was their prized FA this off-season...They went

out and got a guy who had was already close to signing with the Jets.

Also, they are lucky to be even in the contention at this point...with the

Lions muffing that extra point, the Vikes caught a break

The Redskins have a VERY good chance of beating the Vikes at home.  I'd give STL an excellent shot of making the playoffs if they take care of business tonight. I think they will beat an unmotivated Eagles team.  Since the Jets/Rams game is 1:00 next Sunday the Rams won't have a possibility for a letdown either since their game is the same time as the Vikes game. This all bodes well for Buffalo assuming we beat Pitt.

180299[/snapback]

Are you saying that if the Rams lose tonight and the Vikes lose at the Skins, the Rams/Jets game is a win-your-in game for them?

Jeff

Are you saying that if the Rams lose tonight and the Vikes lose at the Skins, the Rams/Jets game is a win-your-in game for them?

Jeff

180323[/snapback]

No. The Rams Have to win tonight in order for the Vikes game to really matter for them. A Rams win tonight and vs. the Jets combined w/ a Vikings loss at Washington gets the Rams in.

No.  The Rams Have to win tonight in order for the Vikes game to really matter for them.  A Rams win tonight and vs. the Jets combined w/ a Vikings loss at Washington gets the Rams in.

180338[/snapback]

Gottcha, the Rams need to win out also, right?

Jeff

If everything falls into place for us - Jets lose vs Rams and we win and Denver lose - we get the 5th seed and a wildcard playoff game in Buffalo?

Jeff

180355[/snapback]

No wildcard game in Buffalo. The only way we get a home game is if the Jets beat Indy and Pittsburgh in their houses, and we beat SD and New England at the Murph and the Razor. Then we host the Jets in the AFC championship game. :blink:

No wildcard game in Buffalo.  The only way we get a home game is if the Jets beat Indy and Pittsburgh in their houses, and we beat SD and New England at the Murph and the Razor.  Then we host the Jets in the AFC championship game.  :blink:

180362[/snapback]

The possible scenarios, btw...

With the Bills and Dog-Ass Jets as 5 and 6 seeds:

1. Bills beat SD at the Murph and Dog-Ass Jets beat Indy = Bills play at NE and Dog-Ass Jets go to Pittsburgh

2. Bills beat SD at the Murph and Dog-Ass Jets lose to Indy = Bills play at Pittsburgh and Indy plays at NE

With the Broncos and Bills as 5 and 6 seeds:

Bills play Indy at the Dome. Whether or not Denver beats SD at the Murph, the Bills (as the lowest seed) play at Pittsburgh the following week.

All of the above, of course, assumes that Buffalo wins its first-round game whether at SD or Indy. If they don't, I don't give a stevestojan what happens after that.

Actually if the Rams win out and Seattle loses to Atlanta on Sunday, the Rams win the NFC West at 8-8, the Seahawks get one wildcard at 8-8 and the other wildcard goes to the Vikings if they win, or if they lose, the other wildcard will be the winner of the New Orleans @ Carolina game.

Therefore the Rams will be giving their all tonight and since the Eagles will be resting players, they will lose tonight and the Rams game being at 10:00 AM will be fighting for their playoff lives against the Jets.

I feel the Rams will win both games and with the Bills victory on Sunday will make the playoffs. Then it will be up to the Colts to see if they want the Bills or the Jets as their playoff opponent.

In my opinion, a Bills victory and Jets loss will motivate Indy to play their asses off as they would much rather play the Jets then Buffalo in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Right now the Rams (6-8) can only catch the Minnesota Vikings. (8-7)  Both the Panthers (7-8) and Saints (7-8) have beaten the Rams.  If the Rams beat the Eagles and Jets and the Vikings lose to Washington, both will be 8-8 but the Rams will have the better conference record.  But if the Rams lose to Philly tonight, they are eliminated. 

Basically, pray for the Rams to win tonight if we want the Rams to TRY to beat the Jets next week.

On a cool side note, next weeks Saints/Panthers game is essentially a playoff game, with the winner getting the #5 or #6 playoff seed, depending on what happens with the Rams and Vikings.

PTR

180262[/snapback]