do we have Two thousand yard rushers? Over/Under

EldaBillsFan

i doubt 2,000 yards rushing, but barring injury i think they have a good shot to put up around 3,000 yards from scrimmage.

i think over the course of the season it'll be a fairly even split between the two as far as overall touches are concerned, but i'd bet we see chan favoring one or the other depending on the matchup in a particular game.

2,000 Yards for Fred and C.J. combined?

Both are more than capable. That being said we won't run enough to make that happen. I do think we easily have two 1000 combined yard backs assuming we keep both heavily involved in the pass game.

2,000 Yards for Fred and C.J. combined?

Chan has already gone on record to say CJ Spiller is not an every down back and that he is to small to fill that role. He also took him out in all goal line situations although I know that doesn't account for much yardage. If Spiller is on the sidelines he cannot get 1,000 yards. I think there's a better chance of Jackson running for 1,600 yards then there is for Spiller to get 1,000.

i doubt 2,000 yards rushing, but barring injury i think they have a good shot to put up around 3,000 yards from scrimmage.

i think over the course of the season it'll be a fairly even split between the two as far as overall touches are concerned, but i'd bet we see chan favoring one or the other depending on the matchup in a particular game.

No way in hell, Jackson will get the bulk of the touches and he proved he is more than worthy...

In order for both of them to get 1000 yards each the Buffalo Bills play caller would need to start calling more running plays.

Last year after Freddy went on IR it looked like the Bills play caller was just running the ball as a diversion now and then as the Bills were in constant shotgun and throwing most of the games

NY Jets Fitz 26 /39 vs 19 carries Spiller

Tenn Fitz 29 / 46 passing vs 14 carries for Spiller

SD Fitz 13 /34 vs Spiller 12 carries

Miami Fitz 31 / 47 vs Spiller 12 carries

Denver Fitz 15 / 27 vs Spiller 16 carries

NE 29 /46 vs Spiller 13 carries

That is pretty lame considering the Bills had ONE decent WR in the top20 in Stevie Johnson who was 18th best WR in the NFL with 76 receptions, the next was David Nelson at 41st.

No way in hell, Jackson will get the bulk of the touches and he proved he is more than worthy...

Spiller has proved he is more than worthy if you were watching the games and took a look at the stats. Jackson will get a larger share due to veteranitis but how long can a 31 year old RB keep it up?

Personally I would love to keep Jackson around for another 3 years but he won't last that long if he is given the lion's share of carries again.

Edited by PDaDdy

I think it's very possible. I would love to see Jackson get 20-25 carries a game, with Spiller getting 10-15. I think with that amount of carries per game, it gives both RB's the best opportunity to be effective. With having only 1 RB get the majority of the carries, and the other only getting a handful, the RB with the less carries is always going to be ineffective, as we saw this past year when Jackson was the starter & Spiller was the backup, and again when Spiller was the starter and Choice was the backup.

I think it's very possible. I would love to see Jackson get 20-25 carries a game, with Spiller getting 10-15. I think with that amount of carries per game, it gives both RB's the best opportunity to be effective. With having only 1 RB get the majority of the carries, and the other only getting a handful, the RB with the less carries is always going to be ineffective, as we saw this past year when Jackson was the starter & Spiller was the backup, and again when Spiller was the starter and Choice was the backup.

20-25 carries is way to many a game for a 31 year old RB especially considering he is active in the passing game. The split should be more 50-50 and they should attempt to run at least slightly more to give each around 15 - 20 plus catches.

I agree that a guy getting backup carries isn't going to be as effective and that would be a tremendous waste for Spiller. I disagree on Choice however. When Spiller was the backup he actually had a higher yards per carry than Fred and was great at receiving. Choice was no where near the production of FJ and Spiller even though as the backup he got a lot more carries than Spiller did backing up FJ.

There's no way both can get 1000 yards.

I agree; they would both need to average 15+ carries a game all season. Pretty unlikely for a team that figures to be behind more than ahead in games next year. Not to mention the risk of injury to either of them or key components of the OL.

Fred will average 10 more carries than Spiller a game as long as he stays healthy. Spiller got better but he is no Fred Jackson. He's not the leader, the blocker, or the game changer that Jackson is and Jackson will get the tough yards and goaline carries. I will say it again, Chan said that he is to small to get goaline touches and is to small to be the main back. Those are not my words...