Kiper mock draft

Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

St. Louis Rams Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.

Minnesota Vikings Matt Kalil, OT, USC

Cleveland Browns Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Washington Redskins Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

Jacksonville Jaguars Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

Carolina Panthers Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

Miami Dolphins Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

Buffalo Bills Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hightower not going in the 1st would be a cream-dream, if he somehow made it to our 2nd pick...

But I dont think he makes it past Pitt, and DEFINITELY not past Baltimore. Anyone who picks the non-producing headcase (Burfict) over Hightower is crazy, and I dont see the Ravens making that mistake. Especially when it comes to LBs.

Thinking Ingram from South Carolina would be the choice then

It's early, but that's my guy at this point...

Why would TB draft a RB at 5? They already have a good young RB who they picked up off of the scrap heap and pay next to nothing. They'll draft Claiborn at 5 to replace Talib, who won't be no the team next year.

Agreed, right now it looks like the top 5 will be (regardless of order) Luck, Blackmon, Kalil, Griffin, and Claiborne.

Hightower not going in the 1st would be a cream-dream, if he somehow made it to our 2nd pick...

But I dont think he makes it past Pitt, and DEFINITELY not past Baltimore. Anyone who picks the non-producing headcase (Burfict) over Hightower is crazy, and I dont see the Ravens making that mistake. Especially when it comes to LBs.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if Hightower lasted into the 2nd round. He's had some injury issues and wasn't really himself for much of last season. It seems like the pure LBs (i.e. non-rush LBs) that currently top the board are North Carolina's Zach Brown and Boston College's Luke Kuechly.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are tough to predict, since they're almost always best-player-available teams.

Just my 2 cents.

Why would TB draft a RB at 5? They already have a good young RB who they picked up off of the scrap heap and pay next to nothing. They'll draft Claiborn at 5 to replace Talib, who won't be no the team next year.

Beat me to it. No way TB takes Trent Richardson They need help at LB and corner on D.

Kiper's a goofball.

Did you watch LeGarrette Blount at all this season? He was absolutely BRUTAL. They need a real RB.

I mean, they definitely need a CB. If I were their GM, that would be my move. But I could see why Richardson would be considered.

Edited by JM57

I've noticed that very few mock drafts have any TE's going in the first round. If we manage to get a good pass rusher and WR before the second round of the draft I'm all for a top TE. If Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles, or Coby Fleener is there in the 2nd round it might be an interesting situation. I'm a huge Coby Fleener fan and I think he will put up great numbers in the NFL, he's undervalued imo

I know you people won't believe it until you see it, but Courtney Upshaw will do just fine in a 4-3 defense.

I agree. I see him as a Merriman in a 34, or a John Abraham in a 43. Either way, for the small amount of time we are in our base Defense (whatever it may be), I say you take the best LB available (which would be Upshaw).

Did you watch LeGarrette Blount at all this season? He was absolutely BRUTAL. They need a real RB.

I mean, they definitely need a CB. If I were their GM, that would be my move. But I could see why Richardson would be considered.

BRUTAL? In what way? His stats are pretty good for a second year back.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13213/legarrette-blount

I saw Charles Davis had us taking Coples...

I'd rather have Upshaw over Coples, but I'd take Alshon Jeffery over both of them...And believe me I know how bad The Bills need Pass Rush...I just think Jeffery is going to be REAL special...

We'll see though...I'm usually wrong... ;)

BRUTAL? In what way? His stats are pretty good for a second year back.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13213/legarrette-blount

Brutal in the sense that his production dropped by nearly 300 yards while starting more games....had a game or two with under 50 yards. Blount's regression, IMO, helped lead to Freeman's regression in the sense he had a very poor run game to lean on .

Brutal in the sense that his production dropped by nearly 300 yards while starting more games....had a game or two with under 50 yards. Blount's regression, IMO, helped lead to Freeman's regression in the sense he had a very poor run game to lean on .

1 Game.

And the Buc's defense can be to the blame for lack of production, forcing Freeman into catch up ball. Passing. As you'll see in that link his receptions went up from his first year. Kids a down hill runner, with some speed, and a chip on his shoulder.

I'll say this. I could see them taking a RB in the later rounds, but not in the first round as goofball Kiper supposes. Their needs are like ours. Defense first.

Edited by erynthered