Dinosaur coming to Buffalo???

The Poojer

when I was at taste of buffalo two years ago the peeps workin the Dino BBQ stand said they would be opening a buffalo location within 2 years...so a little behind schedule...but cool none the less

Personally I will stay away for a good year until the crowds die down, ill keep eating at Kentucky Gregs (cheektowaga location) or One Eyed Jacks (Lockport) for some GREAT local BBQ - and for the record, I would choose Gregs over Dino anyday

Where is Kentucky Gregs? I moved out of the area in '96 but I do get back into town usually twice a year, once for the opener and the other for either another game or the German Fest in Marilla in July.

I grew up in Cheektowaga so I am sure I can find it when I'm up there next. Also, what kind of BBQ would you compare it to, Texas, Kansas or Carolina?

Thanks

I have a vague recollection of Dinosaur wanting to move into the Lafeyette Tap Room however many years ago.

This was when the LTR moved from their old/current home over to Pearl St - where Century Grill is now - before moving back several years later.

I vaguely remember Mark Goldman blocking it somehow becuase this was when D'Arcy McGee's chamged to a barbecue place before switching back to D'Arcy McGees again.

Might've been Mark Croce instead of Mark Goldman

Where is Kentucky Gregs? I moved out of the area in '96 but I do get back into town usually twice a year, once for the opener and the other for either another game or the German Fest in Marilla in July.

I grew up in Cheektowaga so I am sure I can find it when I'm up there next. Also, what kind of BBQ would you compare it to, Texas, Kansas or Carolina?

Thanks

George Urban just west of Dick Rd.

Kentucky Greg's is awesome!

George Urban just west of Dick Rd.

Kentucky Greg's is awesome!

There's also a second location on Southwestern Blvd in OP near BSG (Buffalo Sports Garden).

Just went there for lunch on Wed to discover they closed it for two weeks for "winter break"

Had to settle for Duff's where OP Rd and Union Rd merge.

http://www.kentuckygregs.com/about_us

Edited by linksfiend

I know this is your opinion and you're entitled to it but list your top five restaurants in Buffalo.

In some order: Left Bank, Hutch's, Buffalo Chophouse, Chef's, and Shango.

The only thing other cities restaurants have on Buffalo is the price. I also should put New Orleans with Chicago and NYC in the restaurant category.