Why We're Heading In The Right Direction

HuSeYiN1978

what exactly did Wanstadt do last year?

other than steal a paycheck

why anyone thinks just by changing his title the defense will improve immensely is delusional

Buddy spent the last 3 years acquiring 3-4 players, and now everyone expects a 4-3 defense to perform miracles

Yo all this damn negativity man... You guys definitely got fed government milk as babies...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go with the "HEADIN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION" posts. Gotta love these optimistic, yet unrealistic posts. This team has yet to learn how to win the big games. Our biggest weakness is ourselves and we continue to struggle to stay healthy. It's the same story every year so unless we learn to win and finish strong, this team will continue to miss the playoffs.

Sorry if me being realistic hurts. I speak the truth.

Wanstadt was mlb coach, you know... one of the few bright spots last year.

Wanstadt is a proven defensive guy, I think if he wasn't on the team last year and we picked him up during the offseason everyone, even the haters would be ecstatic, but because he was on the team last year he must suck, right? even though he had no control of what the overall defense did. While I don't think we will be a top 5, hell I don't think we can be a top 10, but if we can crack the top 20 maybe like 15 in defenses, I would say thats a mass improvement.

Theres only a very few players that have been strict 3-4 guys throughout their careers, Merriman, Edwards, and maybe Barnett are the only ones that pop into my mind right now, but their might be 1 or 2 more. All the others have a background of being very versatile and can play either scheme.

yeah= why would you expect to hold the asst head coach responsible for anything

where was all that defensive expertise last year - when he was on the roster and the defense was one of the worst of all time

may be why people with half a brain question his status as savior of a craptacluar defense he was a part of

yeah= why would you expect to hold the asst head coach responsible for anything

where was all that defensive expertise last year - when he was on the roster and the defense was one of the worst of all time

may be why people with half a brain question his status as savior of a craptacluar defense he was a part of

No one, I mean no one, is treating this guy like the 2nd coming, especially me. He at this time is by far our best option whether he was already on the team or not. I will reinstate, if Wanstadt was not on the team last year you would have thought it was a great based and the YEARS! (notice I say years and not year) he has put in

Sure he was an assistant, but like I said before he didn't have overall control. You don't know the full extent of Wanstadt power/authority, and don't pretend like you do. Maybe he did have much more control than we all thought, maybe he had no control at all and it was just a title, I don't know and you certainly don't. So I completely rule last year as inconclusive on whether Wanstadt is a good defensive coach, which means that I have to look at the rest of his career. And you know what? I won't even finish you can fill in the blank.

We won more games in 2011 than we did in 2010.

Nearly all the 2011 rookies saw significant playing time.

We are not drafting in the top three. Or top five.

Beat the Patriots for the first time in years.

Progress. Yes. Can't deny that we moved forward a bit.

I understand you're disappointed with the team for the last decade plus, but damn. You sound miserable. Cheer up a bit my friend. You don't have ANYTHING to look forward to in the 2012 Bills?

I do look forward to next season and have the expectation of continued improvement.

But I am sick of the posts that insist that everyone billieve there is going to be some miracle and the Bills will stun the NFL and win the AFC East if not the superbowl next season. And if you don't mindlessly believe it, you are not a "fan". That's all.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I do look forward to next season and have the expectation of continued improvement.

But I am sick of the posts that insist that everyone billieve there is going to be some miracle and the Bills will stun the NFL and win the AFC East if not the superbowl next season. And if you don't mindlessly believe it, you are not a "fan". That's all.

That's really all I was pointing out in original post. Pointing out why we're actually heading in the right direction. We have more to look forward to this upcoming year since the first year we got Bledsoe on the squad IMO.

Team looked like it was building stability on the o line. Then their best o lineman already with one horrific injury went down again.

Losing Eric Wood and Fred Jackson was the biggest part of the nose dive for this offense. Without Wood at Center, Fitz had less time to throw and feeling the pressure on his face. Jackson gave the bills a chance to run the ball and control the clock. Once he was gone, that went down the drain.

And unicorns will fly over rainbows to a land where everyone is happy...

I'll believe in this rebuild only after this team kicks down a few doors and claims relevance. All my optimism has been spent. It is amazing to see so much hope from the fanbase year after year.

Being a fan is about rooting for your team unconditionally, so why is it so hard to believe in the optimism?? That's the beauty of sport, everyone starts 0-0

Being a fan is about rooting for your team unconditionally, so why is it so hard to believe in the optimism?? That's the beauty of sport, everyone starts 0-0

That statement is about the furthest from the truth I've ever read. unconditionally is used to describe the love between parents and children, not sports fans and their respective teams. As a matter of fact its more a love / hate relationship from every fan I've ever known

Fans have a right to B word and complain, vent their passions and frustrations in forums like this one. ten years man....TEN YEARS MAN! Bills fans have more then their share of frustrations to vent about and more then enough reasons to be skeptical.

The Redskins fans are far better off IMO, at least their foolish owner goes way overboard on spending trying to build a winner. Whereas this owner lets loose his three headed monster to control and restrict what the GM and HC can do in terms of obtaining free agents and holding on to established vets.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, last december I posted about not overpaying Stevie. Well done Buddy. Dont know if the numbers for his contract are finalized yet but more up front money with a little over 6.5 a year is dead on for what Stevie is worth. Dont know if we got a hometown discount or what but...GREAT WORK front office....bout f#$@ing time you did something right.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Seriously, last december I posted about not overpaying Stevie. Well done Buddy. Dont know if the numbers for his contract are finalized yet but more up front money with a little over 7.5 a year is dead on for what Stevie is worth. Dont know if we got a hometown discount or what but...GREAT WORK front office....bout f#$@ing time you did something right.

The deal is 5-years for $34.25M ($6.85M/year) with $18M guaranteed and $24M in the first 3 years.

But at what point do we start trusting Buddy? He has done everything he said he would do. He is building through the draft and signing our own players.

Thats a great point. Buddy Nix has not said anything about his intentions publicly with out backing it up. Thats what i really like about him.

Thats a great point. Buddy Nix has not said anything about his intentions publicly with out backing it up. Thats what i really like about him.

I was watching this deal closely before I had an opinion on Buddy. This indeed was a homerun for a few reasons. 1 is we did'nt overpay. 2 is we retained our OWN GOOD PLAYERS!. when was the last time we could say that. It has been a revolving door at 1 Bills drive for years and I truly believe that is why this team can not take the next step. You build from within and don't pay for overpriced free agents. This also sends a message to the mid tier free agents that say come in here for a yr or two yrs and perform and get rewarded with a good long term contract. These players opinion of Buddy is that He's a man of his word...I think that says alot about Buddy and the direction this team seems to be heading.

I was watching this deal closely before I had an opinion on Buddy. This indeed was a homerun for a few reasons. 1 is we did'nt overpay. 2 is we retained our OWN GOOD PLAYERS!. when was the last time we could say that. It has been a revolving door at 1 Bills drive for years and I truly believe that is why this team can not take the next step. You build from within and don't pay for overpriced free agents. This also sends a message to the mid tier free agents that say come in here for a yr or two yrs and perform and get rewarded with a good long term contract. These players opinion of Buddy is that He's a man of his word...I think that says alot about Buddy and the direction this team seems to be heading.

I agree.

This deal could be a building block for the Bills being seen as a more legit franchise. Signing a good player to a fair contract. I like what Buddy is doing.

2-3 more of these types of FA signings(like Barnett from last year), and a draft as good as last years, and the Bills are back on the map.