Bills to Toronto ???

CSBill

The entire thing was never anything but conjecture. Stories like this won't quiet the conspiracy theorists, but any rational person can understand that there's been absolutely no evidence of a potential move, outside of "well, it seems like something that might happen."

Prepare to be labeled "naive" by the Bills-will-move whackos....

Glimmer of hope? Since when has it been anything but a few fans paranoia? Really, has there anything been ever written, that is not simply pure speculation?

Written? I don't need it to be written when I can hear it directly out of Ralph's mouth that when he dies the team is sold to the highest bidder. If thats not a reason to be paranoid than the people on the other side of the fence are delusional.

I'm sorry but after having seen the Browns move on top of the Colts I believe anything is possible at this point and my finacial reasoning makes me even more "paranoid"

I have said this since I think 1995, the Bills are not going anywhere. there might be 2 other teams possibly that has the rabid fanbase Buffalo does. A New owner can charge 20.00-30.00 more per ticket, and the stadium would still sell out if he put a contending team on the field. No way in hell will the NFL and other owners let the Bills walk from Buffalo as long as the fan base keeps scrambling to the stadium like it does.

Written? I don't need it to be written when I can hear it directly out of Ralph's mouth that when he dies the team is sold to the highest bidder. If thats not a reason to be paranoid than the people on the other side of the fence are delusional.

I'm sorry but after having seen the Browns move on top of the Colts I believe anything is possible at this point and my finacial reasoning makes me even more "paranoid"

Maybe being a NFL football fan is too much for you then if you're becoming paranoid? Really it's just a sport.

Glimmer of hope? Since when has it been anything but a few fans paranoia? . . .

Far from proof, but then again more than just "a few fans paranoia" - - -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_al_davis_raiders_relocation_la_stadium101011

The Bills will likely be sold upon the passing of 92-year-old owner Ralph Wilson, but numerous owners prefer that a buyer would choose to relocate the franchise to nearby Toronto, the fourth-largest market in North America. A move to L.A. is viewed as a secondary option.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/01/week.8/index.html

When I've talked to owners and league officials about the Buffalo-Toronto thing, I sense there are three ways of thinking. One: When the team is owned by someone other than Ralph Wilson, the bottom-line people hope the team is moved to where it'll make more money. Two: Traditionalists hope the team can always have a footing in Buffalo, perhaps in the 5-3 split between Buffalo games and Toronto games. Three: Some owners would love to see an NFL franchise in Toronto. So my real sense is that the league has a lot of mixed feelings about what to do in Buffalo long-term.

And here's one that doesn't directly mention the possibility of the team moving, but if you understand that the other NFL owners will decide who becomes the next owner of the Bills if Ralph doesn't leave the team to a family member, it creates at least some cause for concern:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-ownersrankingspartone072208

Largely because of his bitching, moaning and general grumpiness, Wilson was essentially handed the keys to a monster market, in the form of a deal to play eight games in Toronto over the next five years – one which guarantees his franchise $78 million. “We’ll see if the guy stops whining and complaining now,” one owner says. “Toronto, if you put it in the U.S., would be the fourth-largest city. If Jerry Jones staked a claim to Mexico City, or Robert Kraft did it with Montreal, or Paul Allen wanted to play one game a year in Vancouver, we’d never approve it. Ralph was given a special accommodation because we’re sick of hearing him cry about being in a small market.”

We’ve known for some time that despite Rob Ford’s wishing upon a star, the NFL dream in Toronto was dying slowly. It was probably shot as soon as Rogers screwed up ticketing the first year.

So, that Rogers/Wilson presser that totally pissed off everybody in both Buffalo and Toronto may be what saves the Bills!

Far from proof, but then again more than just "a few fans paranoia" - - -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_al_davis_raiders_relocation_la_stadium101011

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/11/01/week.8/index.html

And here's one that doesn't directly mention the possibility of the team moving, but if you understand that the other NFL owners will decide who becomes the next owner of the Bills if Ralph doesn't leave the team to a family member, it creates at least some cause for concern:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-ownersrankingspartone072208

Well since you conveniently edited out the sentence about speculation I wrote. You did provide, some well written speculation. Thanks! Some of it by the douche named Michael Silver. Yea, old Mike used too write for a Newspaper called the Press Democrat. The morning after the comeback against Houston, I awoke to Silvers write up of the game. I stopped when he explained that what really made the comeback special was the Bills had done it in HOUSTON. Forgive me if Mr. Silver is simply disregarded as a moron by some. Oh and he is no Bills or should i say Buffalo supporter.

I get your point. But I also don't over react to anything in the media. For me FEAR does not sell. If Ralph says it's going to happen that's different.

My concern post Ralph Bills in Buffalo would be. Can or will the fan base pony up and possibly pay double (or more) too see a Bills game in Buffalo. That will be the reality. Ralph keeps prices depressed, just like the Buffalo economy. The people that buy the Bills will have a mortgage in the hundreds of millions. Is everyone ready to drop a C-note on parking alone? Because that will be the first thing fans will complain about. I feel confident the NFL wants the Bills right where they are. As for Kraft and Jones? F-them, they are 2 votes only. Toronto Bills would last 3 to 5 years tops. No one gives a chit about the NFL there.

Edited by Best Player Available

When Ralph moves on there will be local interests that makes sure the Bills stay in Buffalo. The league will make sure someone local gets first crack. If not then the team will be open to outside bids but by that point the Rams or the Raiders or both will be in Los Angles and the Toronto thing is losing steam. It would make zero sense to move to Orlando, San Antonio or Portland as the market would not be vastly larger when you consider the fact that buffalo Rochester and Toronto are 5 million or so. Plus a new owner would need a new stadium in those places and they would make less than the team is now. When owners clamor that moving the bills to a bigger market would make more money i ask how so. Tv ratings in LA for the NFL would go up by .00005 percent over what they are now. The fans are already watching. If a bigger market is such a huge deal then why was Houston allowed to move to Nashville and The Rams to St. Louis? Did revenues and TV ratings go down when they did? At some point you just need to have stability and reward tradition. If the Bills went to Toronto I coukd envision late season games with no one in the stands especially if the team was bad. In Buffalo, the fans go because that is what they have done for 50 years. the author of that article is grasping this. Toronto should be happy with the one game they get. The Bills moving ? Slim chance. If I were a Rams fan I would be worried.

Maybe being a NFL football fan is too much for you then if you're becoming paranoid? Really it's just a sport.

The condescending attitude will win the day I guess.

My concern post Ralph Bills in Buffalo would be. Can or will the fan base pony up and possibly pay double (or more) too see a Bills game in Buffalo. That will be the reality. Ralph keeps prices depressed, just like the Buffalo economy.

Let me alleviate your concerns. Right now my club seats cost $190 go ahead and double that and guess what you have. No more club seat holders. The club seats are certainly not kept down in price by your boy Ralphie.

The condescending attitude will win the day I guess.

Let me alleviate your concerns. Right now my club seats cost $190 go ahead and double that and guess what you have. No more club seat holders. The club seats are certainly not kept down in price by your boy Ralphie.

So be it. Price club seats in Giants stadium. Actually I believe just a ticket in the lower bowl between the 40's will run you a cool 700 ea. BTW, Aren't club seats in the Jim Kelly club more like 235 and up?

Edited by Best Player Available

Don't like the tone of the author because he's making it seem like Toronto is getting screwed by not getting the Bills. No offense to our Canadian posters here (who I'm sure won't care because they like the team in Buffalo anyway) but this is our team. We don't owe Toronto anything and neither does the NFL.