Vikings will listen for trades....

Armchair GM

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The just drafted Ponder last year, but Carolina took Cam right after they took Clausen. I think its possible they draft RG3. They'd be stupid not too.Ponder showed flashes but RG3 will be a star.

That's right... I don't follow the Vikings too closely. Too much Ed Werder coverage. What's up with that?

Unless a team is severely incompetent, no trade will be made until the moment when that pick (the trade-up pick) is to be made.

In other words, the draft is exactly 3 months from today and no trade will be made until that time.

It would be more than incompetence. Unless it's a cap issue for a late rounder it's beyond unspeakable to actually swap picks until one parties on the clock.

We have bigger needs then QB right now. I'm still with going D in the draft and trying to sign some good FA's.

My first thought was to agree with you. Then I think of the Colts with Manning (Strong playoff contender each year) and then 2011 Colts without Manning (absolute train wreck).

A true 'franchise' QB certainly compensates for lots of other shortcomings......just sayin

My first thought was to agree with you. Then I think of the Colts with Manning (Strong playoff contender each year) and then 2011 Colts without Manning (absolute train wreck).

A true 'franchise' QB certainly compensates for lots of other shortcomings......just sayin

I dont think there will be a franchise QB @ #3. Also We need players to start and add depth. Giving up the farm on the # 3 pick i think is not a good idea. Thats just how i feel So i will stick with drafting D!

Fitz is the guy, we're going to keep building around him until there's nothing more we can do. With the right pieces he can take this team places.

When they get another WR, find a real OLT, acquire a receiving TE between the 20s, then maybe he'll have enough weapons to get the team into the playoffs. That, and a defense which can hold teams under 20 points per game.

If a GM has a top 10 pick and won't at least listen to offers to trade down they should be fired on the spot.

Kinda like Buddy Nix in 2010 when they raced to the podium to take a future part time player? The Buffalo Bills have not traded down in the draft since 2001, which IIRC, is the longest streak in the NFL for not dropping.

Not gonna argue to vehemently with you, and I to have lost some confidence that was already shaky

with Fitz to begin with. He did have some pretty horrible fau paux's this season, but he also had

some pretty amazing moments.

He did some really good things with basically a thinning and not very intimidating to beign with

recieving corp.I think the big thing is that he just lost his confidence,I look at Fitz as a system

type player, sort of along the line of Sanchez, and should never really be the focus of the offense,

but rather the field general.

I think that we all agree that he is a likeable enough guy, actually from some of the things that

I have read about him, more than likeable, and when compared with the average athelete attitude of today,

he is downright refreshing. So, if they can surround him with the right weapons, and keep him reigned in a bit,

I am very comfortable with him being our short to mid term starting QB, and we do have other more pressing needs.

More concerned with the quality of our back-ups.

I would currently take Fitz over any of the following NFL Staring QB's:

-Alex Smith SF

-Matt Cassel KC

-Carson Palmer/Jason Campbell Radaz

-Tim Tebow Den

-Sanchez Jets

-Freeman TB (Toss-Up)

-Matt Moore Mia

-Colt McCoy Clev

-Whoever the Indy QB was (excluding Manning of course)

-Matt Hassleback Tenn

-Gabbert Jax

-Dalton Cin (had a nice year, not enough body of work)

-Flacco (would be a very tough call, roghly same age)

-Can't remeber the Seattle QB(s) so that makes my case there.

-Arizona all of them

-Grossman Wash

-Romo

That puts him into the top half of the leauge anyhow, IMHO!

Fire away!

There's NO WAY I would take Fitz over Flacco, Romo, Smith, Freeman, or Dalton (Freeman and Dalton are still pretty young and plenty talented)...I would take Fitz over Gabbert now for certain...But Gabbert was only a Rookie...We'll see after next year...But anyway...That shaves your list down a bit IMHO... B-)

I agree with the Upshaw pick. Alabama had a ton of playmakers on defense and he was one of them. I think we should throw a ton of money at Vincent Jackson, resign SJ and Chandler and draft a defense that Davey can utilize. Our young guns will only get better on defense so keep on backlogging it through the draft and create some competition in training camp. I'm interested to see how active we'll be in FA.

Yes I do.

I think that may have been a factor in Fisher choosing St. Louis over Miami.

I agree with you, but I also think the Rams having the second overall pick was a factor too, whether they use it or trade it for more picks.

Not gonna argue to vehemently with you, and I to have lost some confidence that was already shaky

with Fitz to begin with. He did have some pretty horrible fau paux's this season, but he also had

some pretty amazing moments.

He did some really good things with basically a thinning and not very intimidating to beign with

recieving corp.I think the big thing is that he just lost his confidence,I look at Fitz as a system

type player, sort of along the line of Sanchez, and should never really be the focus of the offense,

but rather the field general.

I think that we all agree that he is a likeable enough guy, actually from some of the things that

I have read about him, more than likeable, and when compared with the average athelete attitude of today,

he is downright refreshing. So, if they can surround him with the right weapons, and keep him reigned in a bit,

I am very comfortable with him being our short to mid term starting QB, and we do have other more pressing needs.

More concerned with the quality of our back-ups.

I would currently take Fitz over any of the following NFL Staring QB's:

-Alex Smith SF

-Matt Cassel KC

-Carson Palmer/Jason Campbell Radaz

-Tim Tebow Den

-Sanchez Jets

-Freeman TB (Toss-Up)

-Matt Moore Mia

-Colt McCoy Clev

-Whoever the Indy QB was (excluding Manning of course)

-Matt Hassleback Tenn

-Gabbert Jax

-Dalton Cin (had a nice year, not enough body of work)

-Flacco (would be a very tough call, roghly same age)

-Can't remeber the Seattle QB(s) so that makes my case there.

-Arizona all of them

-Grossman Wash

-Romo

That puts him into the top half of the leauge anyhow, IMHO!

Fire away!

talk about being a homer.. romo, freeman,flacco, dalton, smith are all much better than fitz and outside of gabbert who will be a huge bust and possibly mccoy who isnt very good and tebow all the other guys are about same as fitzy.. be realistic, i know hes our guy... but cmon, hes a journeyman QB who throws 2 yard passes and relies on YAC more than anything. if we could get RG3 i would do it in a second... give them this yrs 1st and next yrs 1st with probably a 3rd rounder and a player that could help them that we dont really need.. they are very short in the secondary and we could probably throw in a guy like mccelvin who was a 1st round pick that we dont really need and they may think they can turn him around.. the guy has all the skill but his IQ is probably lower than his age..

Edited by robert cohen

Do we do it

Who would pull the trigger and to get RGIII?

Miami, Cleveland, Washington... and no, the Bills won't be involved in that sweepstakes...

You think St Louis is trading its pick? Or taking another QB?

I highly doubt Stl is looking at a QB, Blackmon or Kalil has to be looking pretty good to them... Wouldn't surprise me if they traded back though.