Boston Bruins player skips White House visit

Private Citizen...............not a serf,.............he can make his own decisions.

The moral indignation of some media types is laughable, "he's direspecting the office" they cry,

This from the same folks who thought it was funny when someone threw a shoe at President Bush.

Funny, he went out of his way to point out that this was not a "statement" about the current occupant of the White House...but that is what you got out of it? Thomas is one of only 2 Americans on the Bruins team...politically, it has been said, he is more aligned with the Occupy Wall Street types...but you took out of it "he hates Obama"? If he had said the same thing, with a Republican in the house, I am sure many here would be telling him to "go back to Canada" :lol:

"This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an individual. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.”

Private Citizen...............not a serf,.............he can make his own decisions.

The moral indignation of some media types is laughable, "he's direspecting the office" they cry,

This from the same folks who thought it was funny when someone threw a shoe at President Bush.

That was funny, just at it would be funny if somebody threw a shoe at Obama. Also, that happened in another country...

But, you are right...as a Bills fan, I loathe Nick Saban...but if you recall, he blew off GW while he was dining in the same resteraunt as the president, with his coaching staff, because they had to get back to "prepare for the Buffalo Bills".

Edited by Buftex

"This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an individual. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

That was funny, just at it would be funny if somebody threw a shoe at Obama. Also, that happened in another country...

But, you are right...as a Bills fan, I loathe Nick Saban...but if you recall, he blew off GW while he was dining in the same resteraunt as the president, with his coaching staff, because they had to get back to "prepare for the Buffalo Bills".

Sorry Mr Comprehension, the subject of the my sentence was the media response, not who threw the shoe.

His choice as an individual is what was stressed.

Edited by B-Man

“Someone so disgusted with our government ought to turn in the sweater and the medal,” wrote Kevin Paul DuPont, a veteran Boston Globe hockey writer. “It must be a horrible burden, if not a pox, to have them in his house.”

Like all Bruin commentators, this guys a idiot. A good illustration of the liberal mindset that the government is the country. Thomas loves the country, hates the current state of politics. Go Tim! Never thought I'd be a fan.

“Someone so disgusted with our government ought to turn in the sweater and the medal,” wrote Kevin Paul DuPont, a veteran Boston Globe hockey writer. “It must be a horrible burden, if not a pox, to have them in his house.”

Like all Bruin commentators, this guys a idiot. A good illustration of the liberal mindset that the government is the country. Thomas loves the country, hates the current state of politics. Go Tim! Never thought I'd be a fan.

What kind of stupidity is that? He should turn in the awards because he refused to pay homage to the King? :wacko:

this guy = tool.

He wore the USA sweater because he loves America and it's citizens. He declined the offer to the whitehouse because he is using this as an opportunity to make a statement on the fact that the Federal government has grown to bloated proportions and increased under the administration to the point it infringes upond liberty.

Tim Thomas is more an more one of my favorite NHL players. He is very pro US troops and usually has a yellow ribbon on his mask, he rocked out the "grow your mo" for Movember and now declining king obamas royal invitation.

it's stunning the double standard the media is treating this with. where were they when it was cool for every hollywood doucebag to come out of the woodwork bashing bush and any liberal talking head. Where was the outcry over that?

Tim Thomas is one of the most genuinely patriotic Americans in pro sports. eFF the libtard media

Here is Thomas' statement

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

When the Redsox won the World Series, former GM Theo Epstein (outspoken Liberal) refused to make the trip to visit the WH with the team.

Multiple bloggers are researching the Globe and Herald archives for the articles and quotes smacking him for refusing to shake hands with a Republican president...no luck so far.

What are the odds any will be found?

Zero, they don't exist...

Liberals are hypocrites

Edited by B-Man

That's not a liberal mindset... where do you get that from? I distinctly remember that conservatives were up in arms about this:

http://www.democracynow.org/2007/2/15/shut_up_and_sing_dixie_chicks

The Dixie Chicks were against our government's position on the War in Iraq, and spoke out, and yet where did the outrage come from? According to you, it must be liberals. BZZT!!!!!!

Talk about ignorant comments from right wing nutjobs:

RADIO DJ: Good morning, 61 Country.

CALLER: They should send Natalie over to Iraq, strap her to a bomb and just drop her over Baghdad.

BILL O’REILLY: They don’t know what they’re talking about. Callow foolish women, who deserve to be slapped around.

Edited by BmoreBills

Exercising my right as an INDIVIDUAL to say that you guys are a bunch of !@#$s....sorry, DC Tom has already claimed the kinder "idiot".

Tim Thomas is one of the most genuinely patriotic Americans in pro sports. eFF the libtard media

Do I smell a GOP run for Mr Thomas?

Exercising my right as an INDIVIDUAL to say that you guys are a bunch of !@#$s....sorry, DC Tom has already claimed the kinder "idiot".

Hey, leave me out of it. I think the whole "championship teams visiting the White House" thing is stupid well beyond partisan nonsense.