The Official Mitt Romney thread

Explain how you calculated that 30%. Hopefully you won't hurt yourself.

First I looked at how much I made then how much of that I paid the government took out the amount I got back in returns, which was only 180 dollars this year.

The first year I filed long ago I got back far more than I paid out. Almost 1000 more than I paid in taxes. However I'm making a bit more money right now as well as my wife.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I looked at how much I made then how much of that I paid the government took out the amount I got back in returns, which was only 180 dollars this year.

The first year I filed long ago I got back far more than I paid out. Almost 1000 more than I paid in taxes. However I'm making a bit more money right now as well as my wife.

You looked at how much you made? First mistake.

the laws are the problem :wallbash:

Finally, you got it.

Its not Mitt, its the tax laws. I think we could all agree on this board that the tax laws are !@#$ed up. Hell, maybe the only thing on this board (well besides the Bills sucking for 12 years) we could all agree on.

Stop counting other peoples money you envious prick!

the only thing i'm envious of is that romney pays a lower tax rate than me, whether you care to believe it or not. and envy is not really the right word.

"appalled" is more appropriate. i don't resent my tax burden. i resent romney's in comparison to mine.

Finally, you got it.

Its not Mitt, its the tax laws. I think we could all agree on this board that the tax laws are !@#$ed up. Hell, maybe the only thing on this board (well besides the Bills sucking for 12 years) we could all agree on.

yes, and what has he proposed to correct this particular problem with the laws?

Edited by birdog1960

Finally, you got it.

Fair Tax is the answer.

the only thing i'm envious of is that romney pays a lower tax rate than me, whether you care to believe it or not. and envy is not really the right word.

"appalled" is more appropriate. i don't resent my tax burden. i resent romney's in comparison to mine.

yes, and what has he proposed to correct this particular problem with the laws?

I havent heard anything. But thats probably a planed thingy because of the primarys.

Hell what has the last 5 or 6 administrations proposed thats gotten throught the house or Sen. NADA!!

Whats your point?

Fair Tax is the answer.

Maybe. A tier tax?

A flat tax?

Hell, I really dont know 3rd. But what we have isint working.

I havent heard anything. But thats probably a planed thingy because of the primarys.

Hell what has the last 5 or 6 administrations proposed thats gotten throught the house or Sen. NADA!!

Whats your point?

Maybe. A tier tax?

A flat tax?

Hell, I really dont know 3rd. But what we have isint working.

The Fair Tax is a national sales tax that would be placed on the final sale of items. It is not a value added tax and has provisions keeping it from being regressive. The government could nearly get rid of the IRS and compliance would be much improved. I'll see if I can find it on the net and post it here.

Here it is:

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_main

Edited by 3rdnlng

The Fair Tax is a national sales tax that would be placed on the final sale of items. It is not a value added tax and has provisions keeping it from being regressive. The government could nearly get rid of the IRS and compliance would be much improved. I'll see if I can find it on the net and post it here.

Here it is:

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_main

A tax on consumers in a consumer driven economy?? :blink: How stupid can you get?

If Mitt had 9/10 of his wealth confiscated and the money was put to use, it would be a better economic plan. And Prince Mitt would still be fabulously wealthy. He has way too much money, I say it should be taken away and put to good use

A tax on consumers in a consumer driven economy?? :blink: How stupid can you get?

If Mitt had 9/10 of his wealth confiscated and the money was put to use, it would be a better economic plan. And Prince Mitt would still be fabulously wealthy. He has way too much money, I say it should be taken away and put to good use

:lol:

Nothing funnier than reading comments from someone who is completely ignorant about virtually everything. Yes, they should take that cash that Mitt has stuffed in his mattress (since it's not doing anything) and 'put it to use'. After all, private wealth don't do anything but just sit there.

Maybe they could use it for more free plastic surgery for Buffalo teachers.

From a Conservative:

Adjusted for inflation, the income of the average American male has essentially flatlined since the 1970s, according to figures from the Census Bureau. The income of the bottom quarter of U.S. families has actually fallen. It’s been a different story for the rich. According to recent work by Berkeley economist Emmanuel Saez, the share of total income going to the top 1 percent of families has more than doubled since 1979, from below 10 percent to a peak of nearly 24 percent in 2007. (It has since fallen, but not by much.) The share going to the super-rich—the top 0.01 percent—has risen by a factor of seven.

Pretty interesting article:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/01/15/niall-ferguson-a-conservative-take-on-america-s-economic-divide.html

:lol:

Nothing funnier than reading comments from someone who is completely ignorant about virtually everything. Yes, they should take that cash that Mitt has stuffed in his mattress (since it's not doing anything) and 'put it to use'. After all, private wealth don't do anything but just sit there.

Maybe they could use it for more free plastic surgery for Buffalo teachers.

Hello little doggie, you are a little cutie, now go fetch the ball :lol:

Hey Dave, did you read anything from my link? Do you actually think that any of Romney's wealth should be confiscated?

Hey Dave, did you read anything from my link? Do you actually think that any of Romney's wealth should be confiscated?

Any??? You think he pays too much now? The guy doesn't even work, the son of a CEO and then a CEO himself. This guy's whole life proves how he was an affirmitive action baby of wealth, it's not what you know, its who you know.

Obama is the very picture of a mericrat, Romney is a rich boy who got richer through connections

Any??? You think he pays too much now? The guy doesn't even work, the son of a CEO and then a CEO himself. This guy's whole life proves how he was an affirmitive action baby of wealth, it's not what you know, its who you know.

Obama is the very picture of a mericrat, Romney is a rich boy who got richer through connections

You are pathetic. I didn't say he pays too much now. I asked you if you thought any of his wealth should actually be confiscated. I didn't say anything about taxes. Are you actually saying he doesn't work and didn't earn his degrees? You know, there is work other than flipping burgers.

So you're saying it's better to have achieved success (read money) through hard work and not having it given to you? Now you're making sense.

Dave, I normally abstain from ad hom statements outside of the "Insult the previous poster" thread, but here goes.

You're a piece of ****.

I'm no Romney fan but this is just a capital gains tax isn't it? Not a tax guy but is this the same rate everyone else would pay? Much to do about nothing. Seems like just another phase of the liberal media's effort to take down every Republican candidate. They did the same to Cain. Went crazy when Perry stumbled. In the process of discrediting Newt by a ex wife of all things.

Edited by Dante

Every loser I know says that. It absolves you guys from having to face the fact that you personally have little of value to offer. Most successful people I know didn't come from rich parents. They do, however. know other successful people, many who they sought out or who they met as their paths converged. They tend to gravitate toward each other. But don't feel bad Dave, your mommy still thinks you're special.

I'm no Romney fan but this is just a capital gains tax isn't it? Not a tax guy but is this the same rate everyone else would pay? Much to do about nothing. Seems like just another phase of the liberal media's effort to take down every Republican candidate. They did the same to Cain. Went crazy when Perry stumbled. In the process of discrediting Newt by a ex wife of all things.

Yeah, but don't you remember back in 08 when they harped on compassionate millionaires Obama and Biden for donating jack **** of their top 1% incomes to charity?

Neither do I.

Every loser I know says that. It absolves you guys from having to face the fact that you personally have little of value to offer. Most successful people I know didn't come from rich parents. They do, however. know other successful people, many who they sought out or who they met as their paths converged. They tend to gravitate toward each other. But don't feel bad Dave, your mommy still thinks you're special.

Yeah, but don't you remember back in 08 when they harped on compassionate millionaires Obama and Biden for donating jack **** of their top 1% incomes to charity?

Neither do I.

Yes, but if you take away conservatives faith based giving and donated time to charities the liberals give just as much.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I think this is a gross overreaction to what the left wants. You guys seem to have the idea that we all want to take away the money of the rich and give it to ourselves. What we want is to make sure that they can't stack the deck to take more of what we have left. That's it. People who work hard, take risk and grow their company should be able to make how ever much they want. And be rewarded with the money they make.

Apparently not according to DIM Dave in Mofolk:

DIM don't know wealth.