State of Obama's Economy

Juror#8

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for lowering gas prices. In fact (and despite what Magox says) I think that gas prices don't necessarily match demand and there is a lot of "artificial-ness" and price fixing (at least on a retail level).

If an administrative agency said that at 150% profit point, a penalty would be assessed, I'm not sure that I'd disagree.

150% of what???

I just read that bill. It is quite possibly even more retarded than the article makes out.

You can't block off 20 minutes? :unsure:

20 minutes? You wish. Read the original recipe, Chef. It takes at least an hour.

You need to boil water, thats like 8 minutes, cook pasta, another 10 minutes, strain pasta, uhhh 1 minute to be thorough, toss pasta in a pan with egg, cheese and pickle juice, thats like 4 minutes. So 23 minutes, IF you get the perfect cheese to pickle ratio on the first try, which has never been done, mind you. 23 minutes, figure third times a charm, and voila, the perfect retatta in just over one hour.

Sure, you can try tossing easy mac with hard boiled egg and pickle relish, but its not the same thing. Retatta requires patience and whole lot of love.

Edited by Jauronimo

20 minutes? You wish. Read the original recipe, Chef. It takes at least an hour.

You need to boil water, thats like 8 minutes, cook pasta, another 10 minutes, strain pasta, uhhh 1 minute to be thorough, toss pasta in a pan with egg, cheese and pickle juice, thats like 4 minutes. So 23 minutes, IF you get the perfect cheese to pickle ratio on the first try, which has never been done, mind you. 23 minutes, figure third times a charm, and voila, the perfect retatta in just over one hour.

Sure, you can try tossing easy mac with hard boiled egg and pickle relish, but its not the same thing. Retatta requires patience and whole lot of love.

Ohhhh Retatta. I thought you were talking about Juror#8's shitsandwich.

Sorry to interrupt, another dem economic policy article;

This is just the kind of story that trips up a liberal way of thinking. When they want to complain that a company is making too much money, they argue about dollars instead of marginal percentages because dollars are big with commas and zeros. When they want to complain about someone's tax rate, like Mitt Romney, they don't want to discuss how many dollars he actually paid, but rather percentages because they're small and only a couple of digits and makes it easier for them to throw around phrases like "fair share."

Edited by LABillzFan

I know that I haven't been here that long but I'm still going to nominate this for most tangential thread ever.

Do you bring up truculent dinosaurs when discussing how the average dice roll is 3.5?

Should someone warn him about the mayonnaise?

It's actually: "Chef's Special Blend".

What a change from when I was last here 12 hours ago. Was that juror weirdo given a warning or something?

For what? If being a complete asshat in a thread is reason for a warning, I wouldn't have time to call people idiots.

It's actually: "Chef's Special Blend".

For what? If being a complete asshat in a thread is reason for a warning, I wouldn't have time to call people idiots.

Does Chef have to beat it to prepare it or does he allow his sous chef to assist?

Keep singing Happy Days Are Here Again and maybe you'll believe it

Washington Post

Rejecting the Keystone pipeline is an act of insanity

By Robert J. Samuelson, January 19

President Obama’s rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico is an act of national insanity. It isn’t often that a president makes a decision that has no redeeming virtues and — beyond the symbolism — it won’t even advance the goals of the groups that demanded it. All it tells us is that Obama is so obsessed with his reelection that, through some sort of political calculus, he believes that placating his environmental supporters will improve his chances.

Aside from the political and public relations victory, environmentalists won’t get much. Stopping the pipeline won’t halt the development of tar sands, to which the Canadian government is committed; therefore, there will be little effect on global-warming emissions. Indeed, Obama’s decision might add to them. If Canada builds a pipeline from Alberta to the Pacific for export to Asia, moving all that oil across the ocean by tanker will create extra emissions. There will also be the risk of added spills.

Obama Political Cartoon

Keep singing Happy Days Are Here Again and maybe you'll believe it

Thats the way it goes. For now Obama's various jobs initiatives will be credited for the decreasing rate of unemployment, even though its more a product of a shrinking workforce as demoralized job seekers give up. Should Obama see a second term and should the economy sustain a meaningful recovery in that term, its quite likely that the unemployment rate will actually increase, as a wave of workers return to the workforce. I'm sure Obama's critics will jump at the chance to paint that statistic as proof that his policies have failed.

For now, praise and adulation while the data indicates failure, and down the line, look for scathing criticism when the data points to a real recovery in employment.

Y'know, the more I read about this pipeline story, the more perplexed I am about why Obama would sit on it. Everyone from both sides of the aisle see it as a net positive for jobs and denting oil dependency. It's such an obvious no brainer that even the idea that he's doing iy for the "green" vote makes no sense. The tree-huggers don't have enough votes to make him do something so stupid. There has to be something else.

Then I read a comment in that article earlier that connected some dots for me: Brazil. Remember after the BP spill, Obama shut down everything. Immediately, Immelt and GE bought into the Brazilian oil market, followed immediately by a visit from Obama stating that we plan to be Brazil's biggest customer. So while the tree-hugger vote looks like the reason Obama is sitting on this. I suspect it wouldn't be hard to figure out how GE donations to the 2012 campaign play a much larger role. Obama desperately needs Immelt's money. There are only so many people willing to kick over three bucks to have dinner with Joe Biden.

Edited by LABillzFan