Correcting 2011 draft

ieatcrayonz

Last year, the mock drafts on this site were all over the place. A lot of them had Dareus but after that it got all different for the most part. For example, I don't think I saw even one mock with Aaron Williams and I KNOW I never saw Jasper mentioned.

Here's the thing though:

Almost every draft I saw had us taking Casey Matthews in the 4th. Naturally, the Bills screwed this up even though everyone on the board knew what we should do. This is no knock on whatever crappy player we ended up taking in the 4th, it is just pointing out that everyone here wanted Matthews.

Now I know a lot of people got mad when we traded Evans for a 4th, but do you think maybe the front office was finally thinking ahead in the chess game and may be planning on trading that pick to Philly for none other than Casey Matthews? I don't think this is certain but it sure seems like the pieces are falling into place.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Don't speak for me. I didn't want Mathews. I thought he was too small and too slow. I have seen nothing, so far, that causes me to think my first impression was wrong. What "places are falling into place" that makes you think Buffalo will trade for Mathews?

I think you've been eating too many "crayonz".

Don't speak for me. I didn't want Mathews. I thought he was too small and too slow. I have seen nothing, so far, that causes me to think my first impression was wrong. What "places are falling into place" that makes you think Buffalo will trade for Mathews?

You are a voice in the wilderness on Matthews. Sorry but the consensus was overwhelming. Just check the old threads. EVERYBODY. Anyway the pieces are falling into place because we traded one of our best players just to get an extra 4th. You can say Ralph is cheap or whatever but why not a 3rd or a 5th? It seems they wanted two fourths. One for this year and one for last year perhaps?

Like Polamalu he has the hair to become a successful NFLer.

Matthews has self-promotional hair too? I didn't know that.

Last year, the mock drafts on this site were all over the place. A lot of them had Dareus but after that it got all different for the most part. For example, I don't think I saw even one mock with Aaron Williams and I KNOW I never saw Jasper mentioned.

Here's the thing though:

Almost every draft I saw had us taking Casey Matthews in the 4th. Naturally, the Bills screwed this up even though everyone on the board knew what we should do. This is no knock on whatever crappy player we ended up taking in the 4th, it is just pointing out that everyone here wanted Matthews.

Now I know a lot of people got mad when we traded Evans for a 4th, but do you think maybe the front office was finally thinking ahead in the chess game and may be planning on trading that pick to Philly for none other than Casey Matthews? I don't think this is certain but it sure seems like the places are falling into place.

Yeaaaa ummmm... Why the hell would the Eagles trade Casey Matthews for a 4th rounder when they spent a 4th round pick on him?

I'm not sure what to make of this post. Since Matthews was overmatched and ultimately benched in Philly, the suggestion surely can't be that he'd be better in Bflo. I think the Bills had a perfectly logical BPA draft in 2011 and will never get hurt having that kind of draft. Look at Baltimore. Their Hall of Fame duo of Reed and Lewis were taken in the 20s. The Ravens prolly didn't have urgent need, but they took the BPA. If it is an OT, then so be it.

Here's the thing though:

Now I know a lot of people got mad when we traded Evans for a 4th, but do you think maybe the front office was finally thinking ahead in the chess game and may be planning on trading that pick to Philly for none other than Casey Matthews? I don't think this is certain but it sure seems like the places are falling into place.

I never make posts but this is the dumbest one I have ever read so I thought I'd share that.

I'm not sure what to make of this post. Since Matthews was overmatched and ultimately benched in Philly, the suggestion surely can't be that he'd be better in Bflo. I think the Bills had a perfectly logical BPA draft in 2011 and will never get hurt having that kind of draft. Look at Baltimore. Their Hall of Fame duo of Reed and Lewis were taken in the 20s. The Ravens prolly didn't have urgent need, but they took the BPA. If it is an OT, then so be it.

Then why did they trade Evans? Maybe Wanny saw something flawed in the way he was coached at Philly.

I never make posts but this is the dumbest one I have ever read so I thought I'd share that.

What makes me laugh is hearing Evans referred to as one of our best players. That was years ago. There appears to be a skewed mindset about the talent on this team as it pertains to other rosters. "One of our best players" turned out to be a nobody on a legitimate playoff team. Here we are with someone who wants a bench warmer because he would be a starter on our team. If you want someones castoffs, it makes more sense to wait till they cut him, hence how our O-line is generally put together. Crayonz is a gateway drug to paint chips apparently.

By the way, the "crappy" pick the Bills made in the 4th was OT Chris Hairston. Pretty good take in the 4th in my opinion. As for Evans being "one of our best players" evidence from the last couple of years would suggest otherwise.

Edited by MDFan

A little off-topic, but where'd you get the weird cat? And do you name all your pets for various types of cheese? Packer fans try to sneak on this bored all the time, just cause there team was world champion last year - - how do we know you aren't really a Packer fan?

The Bills finally put together a solid draft class in 2011, and someone is complaining about a 4th round pick? Seriously?! :censored::wallbash::thumbdown: Guess Searcy & Hairston suck in your opinion?

Oh yeah, Evans was so great, that I can't believe the Bills only got a 4th rounder for him:

44 Rec, 612 yards, 7 TD's

37 Rec, 578 yards, 4 TD's

4 Rec, 74 yards, 0 TD's

The Bills should have gotten two first rounders for that kind of production :doh:

I don't know that your post has much to stand on , of coarse there is always that possiblity but Buddy is trying to get bigger not smaller players for the lines & on D so i don't see it !!!

Sure if you go around & read what the fans on here want you can read most any thing of which probably only 50% have any real substance of football in them . Just like the Tannehil thing this year the kid is no more than a middle of the road QB but every body on here loves him so does that mean we go & get him ??

Maybe if he's still there like in the 3rd or 4th it would be worth the pick because if he turns out to be nothing but a back up (which that's what he looks like to me) you've not lost a high pick on him .

Unless Matthews showed a L . Fletcher type presence on the field i don't see Buddy going after him but hey i've been wrong before heck i thought Dan Lefevour was going to a great NFL QB :doh: OH Well at least i admit when i may have goofed !!!

I don't know that your post has much to stand on , of coarse there is always that possiblity but Buddy is trying to get bigger not smaller players for the lines & on D so i don't see it !!!

Sure if you go around & read what the fans on here want you can read most any thing of which probably only 50% have any real substance of football in them . Just like the Tannehil thing this year the kid is no more than a middle of the road QB but every body on here loves him so does that mean we go & get him ??

Maybe if he's still there like in the 3rd or 4th it would be worth the pick because if he turns out to be nothing but a back up (which that's what he looks like to me) you've not lost a high pick on him .

Unless Matthews showed a L . Fletcher type presence on the field i don't see Buddy going after him but hey i've been wrong before heck i thought Dan Lefevour was going to a great NFL QB :doh:OH Well at least i admit when i may have goofed !!!

Well admit that you just brought serious football discussion to a crayonz thread then :oops: