Correcting 2011 draft

ieatcrayonz

I don't know that your post has much to stand on , of coarse there is always that possiblity but Buddy is trying to get bigger not smaller players for the lines & on D so i don't see it !!!

Sure if you go around & read what the fans on here want you can read most any thing of which probably only 50% have any real substance of football in them . Just like the Tannehil thing this year the kid is no more than a middle of the road QB but every body on here loves him so does that mean we go & get him ??

Maybe if he's still there like in the 3rd or 4th it would be worth the pick because if he turns out to be nothing but a back up (which that's what he looks like to me) you've not lost a high pick on him .

Unless Matthews showed a L . Fletcher type presence on the field i don't see Buddy going after him but hey i've been wrong before heck i thought Dan Lefevour was going to a great NFL QB :doh: OH Well at least i admit when i may have goofed !!!

I just think it is an awful big coincidence that the fan base agreed we should get Matthews in the 4th and then after not doing that the Bills go trade for another 4th. I would guess that the front office received a lot of letters after Matthews went to Philly. Is it really surprising to see them make an effort to set things right?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

A little off-topic, but where'd you get the weird cat? And do you name all your pets for various types of cheese? Packer fans try to sneak on this bored all the time, just cause there team was world champion last year - - how do we know you aren't really a Packer fan?]

Cheddar is the name of my dog; an unknown terrier mix we rescued from a shelter in Atlanta.

We didn't name him. He came with the name and responded so well to it that we decided, rather than rename him, we would keep the name. Wonderful dog. We got lucky.

Then why did they trade Evans? Maybe Wanny saw something flawed in the way he was coached at Philly.

They traded Evans because his limited production was not worth the $9M and they supplemented their rebuild with more draft ammunition. I think your head is waaayyy over your skis on the Matthews thing. One has nothing to do with the other. Matthews sucks. He's a smaller, slower, less talented version of his father and brother. Same motor, but so what. Unless he grows his hair really long and that gets in the way of ball carriers, I'd be surprised if he was in the league long.

Edited by JPS

You are a voice in the wilderness on Matthews. Sorry but the consensus was overwhelming. Just check the old threads. EVERYBODY. Anyway the pieces are falling into place because we traded one of our best players just to get an extra 4th. You can say Ralph is cheap or whatever but why not a 3rd or a 5th? It seems they wanted two fourths. One for this year and one for last year perhaps?

Matthews has self-promotional hair too? I didn't know that.

I didn't want Matthews either and I certainly wouldn't have called Lee one of the Bills best players the last couple years.

Then why did they trade Evans? Maybe Wanny saw something flawed in the way he was coached at Philly.

we traded Evans because he was a wimp that did not want to run a slant. he only wanted the big play. he never put him self out there for this team. there is no rule against having two 4th round picks, the bills want to build through the draft.

Cheddar is the name of my dog; an unknown terrier mix we rescued from a shelter in Atlanta.

We didn't name him. He came with the name and responded so well to it that we decided, rather than rename him, we would keep the name. Wonderful dog. We got lucky.

My guess is that most people who post here don't "get lucky" very often - - but if you rescued a dog from a shelter I guess you've got karma on your side. Give Cheddar a pat for me.

I just think it is an awful big coincidence that the fan base agreed we should get Matthews in the 4th and then after not doing that the Bills go trade for another 4th. I would guess that the front office received a lot of letters after Matthews went to Philly. Is it really surprising to see them make an effort to set things right?

Where do you come up with this crap.. The two 4th rounders we drafted worked out great and provided much needed depth.

Maybe you should stop eating crayons.. I seriously doubt we are going to trade away any picks.

Where do you come up with this crap.. The two 4th rounders we drafted worked out great and provided much needed depth.

Maybe you should stop eating crayons.. I seriously doubt we are going to trade away any picks.

It wouldn't really be trading a pick. It would just be correcting a missed picked from 2011.

Why don't they just draft him this year?

I think you are on to something, Bills should take Rodgers in the first. WIth the new rookie wage scale we could get him cheap but knowing the Pats they will trade for the last pick in the draft and take him, then they will turn around and trade him for 4 1st round picks.

It wouldn't really be trading a pick. It would just be correcting a missed picked from 2011.

How do you do this? Initially, I had serious doubts about your artistic talent. After reading this thread, I have come to believe - your skills are undeniable.

This thread shouldn't exist, yet...it does....