Wow -- player revolt against Sanchez

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those quotes sound more like a fan from a message board than a team official. Yeah, who wouldn't want a healthy 36-year old Peyton Manning who just had a couple of neck surgeries? The question is how healthy is he really? Enough to play in the NFL? But I guess having the Manning Bros. In NYC makes a great story.

PTR

I do love to see the Jets squirm and struggle. I am also not a huge Sanchez fan. But in fairness to him, the failures of this team are not his fault.

Sanchez has some good qualities, like great pocket presence and the ability to avoid pressure, and the ability to play well late in games in clutch situations. Obviously his decision making is a huge weakness. He is not an elite QB, but if he was coached properly he could certainly be a winning one with the amount of talent on that team.

This all comes down to coaching. Rex Ryan is a head case, and obviously can't control the locker room. I don't see how that can be good for a young QB in any case. More importantly Schottenheimer was simply an awful OC, and the play calling was ridiculously bad. As a Bills fan I am sad to see him leave our rival.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't know about this story. The quote begins "that's a no brainer, who wouldn't want a healthy Peyton Manning?" Which leads me to believe this story is a classic out of proportion out of context story. Think about if any player on any team save for maybe NO, NE, GB, and a couple of others was asked if they wanted Peyton to be their QB. If the Bills were asked I would hope our players could recognize that a healthy Peyton is better than Fitz. Much ado about nothing imo. This story boils down to Jets player thinks Peyton is better than Sanchez which is not earth shattering.

I don't know about this story. The quote begins "that's a no brainer, who wouldn't want a healthy Peyton Manning?" Which leads me to believe this story is a classic out of proportion out of context story. Think about if any player on any team save for maybe NO, NE, GB, and a couple of others was asked if they wanted Peyton to be their QB. If the Bills were asked I would hope our players could recognize that a healthy Peyton is better than Fitz. Much ado about nothing imo. This story boils down to Jets player thinks Peyton is better than Sanchez which is not earth shattering.

No the point is that Sanchez is not very good & everyone in that lockerroom knows it. He was not good in college either. This is all you need to know about Sanchez. He could not even beat out John David Booty when they were at SC together. In spring practices Carrol practically handed the job to Sanchez but he was not even good enough to beat Booty out. What you see is what you get with this guy. He is just a better looking version of Fitz imo.

The real story within a story is that Rex couldnt prevent schottenheimer from getting pushed out and wouldnt put his nuts on the line when push came to shove. He's billed himself as mr loyal, mr players coach, mr we're in this together. Now that that myth has been busted watch plenty of other rats leave the ship. Ulimately rex's position is in serious jeopardy now

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No the point is that Sanchez is not very good & everyone in that lockerroom knows it. He was not good in college either. This is all you need to know about Sanchez. He could not even beat out John David Booty when they were at SC together. In spring practices Carrol practically handed the job to Sanchez but he was not even good enough to beat Booty out. What you see is what you get with this guy. He is just a better looking version of Fitz imo.

Except Fitz's teammates support him, unlike "Adrian Grenier" Sanchez.

The real story within a story is that Rex couldnt prevent schottenheimer from getting pushed out and wouldnt put his nuts on the line when push came to shove. He's billed himself as mr loyal, mr players coach, mr we're in this together. Now that that myth has been busted watch plenty of other rats leave the ship. Ulimately rex's position is in serious jeopardy now

Exactly. This is going to get worse before it gets better for the NYJ.

For those questioning the use of unnamed sources, what the hell is the reporter supposed to use? None of the players are gonna speak without a promise of anonymity. The Daily News is a legit paper with a very good sports section (the best in NYC, actually), and I trust the article. Most importantly, it makes obvious sense (meaning I can easily see numerous Jets players reacting in this way).

Personally, I think Fitz is better looking, but that's just me.

i hate the jets too, but there is something about players anonymously skewering their teammates in the media that makes me sick to my stomach.

whatever sanchez' issues are, i bet he's got 10x the character of the guy who made those comments.

i hate the jets too, but there is something about players anonymously skewering their teammates in the media that makes me sick to my stomach.

whatever sanchez' issues are, i bet he's got 10x the character of the guy who made those comments.

Hey - I don't have any problem with a team-wide implosion on the Jets!

Those quotes sound more like a fan from a message board than a team official. Yeah, who wouldn't want a healthy 36-year old Peyton Manning who just had a couple of neck surgeries? The question is how healthy is he really? Enough to play in the NFL? But I guess having the Manning Bros. In NYC makes a great story.

PTR

Oh God, Peyton, hang it up already. You had your time in the sun, you got your ring. Head off into the sunset already... We don't Brett Favre Part 2. I already seen that movie the first time. It didn't end well...

no me nether, but i just thought that was really slimy. i guess it's not totally unexpected though, considering they all assumed they were wining the super bowl this year.

the backstabbing is happening faster than i thought it would and it's a direct reflection of toe-sucking gasbag that coaches them.