Mike Mularkey is Jags new head coach

mellaman101

I am not a fan of Meathead. He must be impressive in meetings though. He got the Bills job after a down year for him in Pittsburgh...........they were fine with him leaving. Now he gets Jags job after that playoff game the other day.........getting shut the hell out with an offense that featured Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez?

The Bills are proof that most coordinators are better coordinators than head coaches.

The Bills are proof that most coaches and coordinators are great when they are no longer coaching the Bills.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked that Kevin Costner lookin mo fo.

MM is the only Bills head coach to have a winning record the last decade at 9-7, and had the Bills on the verge of the playoffs that year if they win their last game. That team started out 0-4 but then with Bledsoe at QB they scored more points in a 6 game stretch they any other in team history. That Bills team was 7th in the league in offense.

If only Donahoe got his head outta his arse and drafted for the O line instead of a QB. Bledsoe had a few years left but needed better protection. That 04 line was LT Jonas Jennings- LG Ross Tucker- C Trey Teague- RG Chris Villarrial- RT Mike D Williams...all household names right? Jeez, the revolving door on that line just continues year after year to this day.

Mularkeys problem the next year in Buffalo was being handed JP Losman and expected to turn him into another Big Ben, that just wasn't gonna happen. RW wanted to retain Mularkey as HC after he fired Tom Donahoe, but Mularkey walked away stating that he was hired by Donahoe and things have changed. I'll bet he didn't think Losman was ever going to cut it as the starting QB no matter how much the owner/ FO thought he would.

Look how many coaches and years the Lions wasted trying to make Joey Harrington to work out. Or the Texans trying to make David Carr work out.

Anyway, from what I'm hearing the Falcons would have been better off building the O line up rather then trading away all those picks for Julio Jones, who was hurt most of the year. But then nobody wants to draft the big uglies over the "skill" players, even in Buffalo.

I gotta wonder if Mularkey was brought in to Jax to develop Blane Gabbert...we will soon see if this man has learned anything from his Buffalo days as HC.

Edited by Fear the Beard

I am not a fan of Meathead. He must be impressive in meetings though. He got the Bills job after a down year for him in Pittsburgh...........they were fine with him leaving. Now he gets Jags job after that playoff game the other day.........getting shut the hell out with an offense that featured Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez?

Not to mention a very good slot receiver in Harry Douglas and a supposedly good offensive line.

If I didn't know better I'd say that Atlanta's offense underachieved.

One thing they surely do need is a change of pace back like Spiller.

Turner is a good plowhorse but they need another element in their run game.

Not to mention a very good slot receiver in Harry Douglas and a supposedly good offensive line.

If I didn't know better I'd say that Atlanta's offense underachieved.

One thing they surely do need is a change of pace back like Spiller.

Turner is a good plowhorse but they need another element in their run game.

I think they misread Matt Ryan - they built the offense like they had a brees, or Rodgers when the could have used more rushing support with a big line and another back maybe. He's a good, not great player. He wasn't ready to lead a downfield game.

1326254606[/url]' post='2359960']

I know, from my "insider" at One Bills Drive, the day Mike Mularkey resigned from the Bills was considered a very sad day for Bills employees...Gregg Williams, not so much. From all accounts I have heard, Mularkey was a class guy, well liked by all, including Mr Wilson. I can't say that I blame him for leaving when he did, but I think he was the best of the three previous Bills coaches (Jauron, Williams and MM), and it is interesting to think how things might have been different had he stayed on. I really think he and Levy would have worked well together, and we might have avoided the most recent "missing years" of Buffalo Bills football.

What was the inside story about why he quit? It really pissed me off that he quit.

Good for him and wish him well!

Nice to see what he can do without Ralph Wilson around and a owner who wants to win.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7448807/source-jacksonville-jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-coach

The JAX situation is no more different than the Bills....plus they absolutely don't have a fan base....empty seats covered up....potential to move to LA....

Mularkey left because he did not want to start Losman as his QB....That was going to be a lame duck status as a coach...

Some men are better coordinators than head coaches. Mularkey is one of those men.

I actually liked Mularkey as a HC. His blunder was in having very weak OC and DC.

Tom Clements as the OC was just horrible...

If he had a decent DC instead of the junk in Jerry Gray, he would have had a chance...

In spite of all that, Mularkey is the only HC to have had a winning season for the Bills in the last 12 years!

I don't blame him for leaving (I knew the JP thing was doomed from the start too, the line was crap and you can not develop a rookie QB with a crap line, plus the moving up to get him bothered me) but he wasn't a great coach. I wonder how and what he will do with the Jags. I am actually more ambivalent about him than any of our HCs in the semi recent past. He gave us our last winning season, no?

I don't really know what happened at One Bills Drive that made Mularkey walk. But I got absolutely no problem with somebody that walks away from a pretty nice paycheck and a rarefied air type of job cuz he thinks something just isn't right. Admire it actually. Good luck this time around.

Good for him and wish him well!

Nice to see what he can do without Ralph Wilson around and a owner who wants to win.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7448807/source-jacksonville-jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-coach

Mularkey is a gimmick coach. He will soon be exposed again.

He's also dumber than a box of rocks....