Colts Taking Luck

LABills08

Per everyone:

@AdamSchefter

As @mortreport reported on Sat edition of NFL Countdown, Colts plan to use the No. 1 pick on Stanford QB Andrew Luck.

Cruel that Colts are able to draft Manning #1 overall, and then able to draft the second coming of Manning #1 overall the very instant that Peyton's career starts to wind down.

So it goes.

Is there anyone that doesn't have Andrew Luck slated as a first ballot hall of famer? This kid is getting so much praise, is there anyone that believes he isn't the second coming?

You mean aside from you, me, and Bill Polian?

BP likely intended to trade Luck to the Browns/Bucs/Redskins for 5 or 6 round one/round two picks over the next several years, and then draft RG3 or Brandon Weeden.

(And it would be the right move!)

Per everyone:

@AdamSchefter

As @mortreport reported on Sat edition of NFL Countdown, Colts plan to use the No. 1 pick on Stanford QB Andrew Luck.

Cruel that Colts are able to draft Manning #1 overall, and then able to draft the second coming of Manning #1 overall the very instant that Peyton's career starts to wind down.

So it goes.

... which is why the Bills should NEVER pass on a potential franchise QB, even if they have to stretch to get him. I guarantee you the Colts will make the playoffs more often than not with Luck at the helm just like they have with Manning. Why can't we pick up a Franchise QB (not Fitz) that can do the same. All of the elite QBs are in the playoffs and usually make it year in and year out. And where are the Bills come January year in and year out - watching the playoffs with their 2nd tier QBs.

You mean aside from you, me, and Bill Polian?

BP likely intended to trade Luck to the Browns/Bucs/Redskins for 5 or 6 round one/round two picks over the next several years, and then draft RG3 or Brandon Weeden.

(And it would be the right move!)

And they would have spend those draft choices rebuilding the Colts roster.

... which is why the Bills should NEVER pass on a potential franchise QB, even if they have to stretch to get him. I guarantee you the Colts will make the playoffs more often than not with Luck at the helm just like they have with Manning. Why can't we pick up a Franchise QB (not Fitz) that can do the same. All of the elite QBs are in the playoffs and usually make it year in and year out. And where are the Bills come January year in and year out - watching the playoffs with their 2nd tier QBs.

Not being a dyck but just can't remember, when was the last time the Bills had a shot (not allowing for hypothetical trade-up scenarios) at a franchise quarterback?

Have the Bills recently passed over a QB that has become a franchise quarterback?

Come to think of it, in recent times, how many times has a team moved up in the first round to nab their franchise quarterback?

I will say, kudos to the Jets for making a bold move up for Sanchez… however it ends up.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

That's exactly right. The Bills have not been in a position to grab a great QB because they have been pretty rare lately. We had the frickin' no. 3 pick last year, but it was a lean year for top QBs. I'm glad we got a beast DT, though. Just have to keep turning over rocks in the later rounds. Might get lucky like NE did.

So I guess that answers the question as to who wanted to keep Manning and not draft Luck......Polian.

Maybe I'm being thick but I think it's way too early to assume this.

There's more cards to play for each side. The contract could be re-negotiated.

I still feel Polian was let go because of the past, not the future.

Is there anyone that doesn't have Andrew Luck slated as a first ballot hall of famer? This kid is getting so much praise, is there anyone that believes he isn't the second coming?

I'm actively rooting for Luck to be a horrible bust. I'm over the ridiculous hype he's getting. I really do hope he sucks.

Not being a dyck but just can't remember, when was the last time the Bills had a shot (not allowing for hypothetical trade-up scenarios) at a franchise quarterback?

Have the Bills recently passed over a QB that has become a franchise quarterback?

Come to think of it, in recent times, how many times has a team moved up in the first round to nab their franchise quarterback?

I will say, kudos to the Jets for making a bold move up for Sanchez… however it ends up.

The obvious one, that the Bills and most teams passed up on is Aaron Rodgers. He still went in the first round, just later.