Fisher leaning towards the Dolphins' gig

HOLY CRAP.....Tim Graham is tweeting that Fisher is leaning towards the Rams...how can that be.....please don't say that people on here aren't all knowing and brilliant football minds....please don't shatter my illusion.....

@bytimgraham for those of you that are on twitter....

Well that sucks, if true. I was hoping to watch us kick Fisher's Phin ass twice a year.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i deleted my less than ingenuous post because i see there were actual reasonable posters on here that knew that it wasn't a done deal, nor a very smart one on fishers part....

Well that sucks, if true. I was hoping to watch us kick Fisher's Phin ass twice a year.

GO BILLS!!!

i deleted my less than ingenuous post because i see there were actual reasonable posters on here that knew that it wasn't a done deal, nor a very smart one on fishers part....

So, should I delete my response to your post which will forever keep your deleted post from never really being deleted?

GO BILLS!!!

Crap, this is back on, per Rotoword:

Citing sources close to Jeff Fisher, NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that Fisher is likely to become the Dolphins' next head coach.

"It appears he will choose the Dolphins (over the Rams)," reports Lombardi, and the decision is tentatively expected to happen on Wednesday. While the Dolphins have been less aggressive in their head-coaching search recently, the Rams have continued to line up candidates and will interview Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski on Thursday. Per Lombardi, Fisher "feels more comfortable" with the structure of the Dolphins' organization, and he apparently believes the Rams may end up leaving St. Louis for Los Angeles.

Citing sources close to Jeff Fisher, NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that Fisher is likely to become the Dolphins' next head coach.

"It appears he will choose the Dolphins (over the Rams)," reports Lombardi, and the decision is tentatively expected to happen on Wednesday. While the Dolphins have been less aggressive in their head-coaching search recently, the Rams have continued to line up candidates and will interview Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski on Thursday. Per Lombardi, Fisher "feels more comfortable" with the structure of the Dolphins' organization, and he apparently believes the Rams may end up leaving St. Louis for Los Angeles.

Hard to believe the bolded in that Fisher would be under Senior Adviser Carl Peterson and GM Jeff Ireland.

Most coaches of Fisher's stature like to have a lot of authority and autonomy.

I'm not seeing that here.

Eh, bring him on.

I find this particular point to be interesting.

Hard to believe the bolded in that Fisher would be under Senior Adviser Carl Peterson and GM Jeff Ireland.

Most coaches of Fisher's stature like to have a lot of authority and autonomy.

I'm not seeing that here.

Eh, bring him on.

Agreed, the only the only the way the Bills are going to compete in the division is to get better...not wait for the other teams to get worse...bring it on!

Don't be fooled. If Fisher takes the job, it's because the Rams are possibly going back to LA. He doesn't want to have to go through that again.

Same ownership different city. What's the big deal? it's not like he would have to pack up the house, drive the moving truck,or even sell it. Since some times the corp or team buys it out if you cannot sell.

There's got too be more than that too the story. St. Louis is an OK city. But the weather in southern California is a pretty big deal too most people.

Besides Jeff Ireland is toxic. But if he goes there bring it on. The dolphins suck.

Same ownership different city. What's the big deal? it's not like he would have to pack up the house, drive the moving truck,or even sell it. Since some times the corp or team buys it out if you cannot sell.

There's got too be more than that too the story. St. Louis is an OK city. But the weather in southern California is a pretty big deal too most people.

Besides Jeff Ireland is toxic. But if he goes there bring it on. The dolphins suck.

The odd thing about the "Rams to LA" thing, as far as it pertains to Fisher: while I can see that he might not want to through another move, with another team, Fisher is a California guy...supposedly he was most interested in the Chargers job, before Norv aced it!

Besides, the way things are now, if he went to St Louis, and didn't turn them around in 2-3 years, he might get canned anyways, and have to move somewhere else for a new job! :P

Edited by Buftex

If Fisher takes the Miami job, there is a good chance that Gregg Williams could leave the Saints and join him as the DC.

I heard that Williams' contract is up this year. It's also possible that Gregg Williams could interview for the Rams job once

the Saints are out of the playoffs.

If Fisher takes the Miami job, there is a good chance that Gregg Williams could leave the Saints and join him as the DC.

I heard that Williams' contract is up this year. It's also possible that Gregg Williams could interview for the Rams job once

the Saints are out of the playoffs.

Scuttlebut here in Indy is that once the new GM is hired (announced today that it will be Ryan Grigson of the Iggles), they will quickly relieve Jim Caldwell of his head coaching duties and find new coach. Supposedly Gregg Williams is on the short list of candidates Irsay wants to talk with about that.

There's also this:

Phinphanatic.com

Brian Miller wonders if Jeff Fisher, the most coveted head coach candidate, is waiting to see if the Colts fire Caldwell. "If Caldwell is released, the Indy job suddenly becomes the hot spot for a top coach. In fact, it’s very likely that Fisher could spurn both the Rams and Dolphins and head north to join Peyton Manning. Remember, Fisher loves Peyton Manning."

Edited by merlin

Per Rotoworld:

Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune is "hearing" that Jeff Fisher is leaning toward accepting the Dolphins head-coaching overtures.

Yahoo's Mike Silver also reported late Wednesday that the Dolphins had the lead, though the Rams are getting their shot to woo him on Thursday. The Fins are said to be willing to match any financial offer Fisher is presented.

Related: Rams

Source: Dan Pompei on Twitter

If this happens, we'll really need realignment. I can't believe Buffalo's bad luck here, being in a division with IMO the two best and best-prepared head coaches in the NFL (Belichik and Fisher), and a Jets team that is willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner. I don't mean to paint a gloomy picture, but Fisher to the Dolphins would really devastate me.

agreed

Per Rotoworld:

Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune is "hearing" that Jeff Fisher is leaning toward accepting the Dolphins head-coaching overtures.

Yahoo's Mike Silver also reported late Wednesday that the Dolphins had the lead, though the Rams are getting their shot to woo him on Thursday. The Fins are said to be willing to match any financial offer Fisher is presented.

Related: Rams

Source: Dan Pompei on Twitter

If this happens, we'll really need realignment. I can't believe Buffalo's bad luck here, being in a division with IMO the two best and best-prepared head coaches in the NFL (Belichik and Fisher), and a Jets team that is willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner. I don't mean to paint a gloomy picture, but Fisher to the Dolphins would really devastate me.

WHY? The coach doesn't play. The players are the thing. Get better talent than the Dolphins and the Bills will be fine. And the Jets don't build the right way. Neither did the Redskins. What Super Bowls have they won? Calm down dude. Don't jump off the ledge yet. LoL

Don't be fooled. If Fisher takes the job, it's because the Rams are possibly going back to LA. He doesn't want to have to go through that again.

Why wouldn't he? He's from L.A. and played at USC. Sure he wouldn't mind that much.

\

lmao.

wake up man.

you're about 2 years behind the time.

the patriots are not a good football team anymore.

they have a good record: yes. but they beat... wait for it... ZERO teams with winning records this year. the magic is over. i live in new england - the bandwaggon is done, people care more about the bruins now. in your mind, they may still be dominant... but dont forget - WE BEAT THEM THIS YEAR.

the jets? they went .500 and are a team in revolt. i guess theyll do whatever it takes to win... except win.

and the dolphins. yeah, i admit, theyre scary. in fact, i could easily see them winning the east next year. but i truly, in my heart of hearts believe, it will either be us or miami coming out as the 3 seed next year, with the one that doesnt win the division getting the 5 seed as a wild card.

LOL at realigning the league if fisher comes here. OUR DIVISION COULDN'T EVEN PRODUCE A WILD CARD!!!!!! and the competition is too stiff for you????

The only the way the Bills are going to compete in the division is to get better...not wait for the other teams to get worse...bring it on!

Exactly.

I couldn't care less who the other coaches are. Being concerned about that is a defeatist mentality, IMO.

Scuttlebut here in Indy is that once the new GM is hired (announced today that it will be Ryan Grigson of the Iggles), they will quickly relieve Jim Caldwell of his head coaching duties and find new coach. Supposedly Gregg Williams is on the short list of candidates Irsay wants to talk with about that.

Good stuff.

With the Manning/Luck situation, I'd be surprised if the Colts didn't bring in an offensive guy to be Head Coach.

But I guess Williams/Fisher or whomever could always bring in a respect OC to work with the franchise quarterback(s).