In order for me to even watch the Bills next year....

Rayzer32

I've been a fan for almost 40 years. I'm 43 and as soon I was interested in football I was a Bills fan. But if I am going even bother to watch them next season these three things need to happen. I plan on having a lot of free time on Sundays next football season. Here they are.

1. Draft a possible franchise QB early in this years draft.

2. Re-sign Stevie Johnson.

3. Make CJ Spiller the starting RB. Amazing what a player can do when given a chance.

I believe re-signing SJ might be the most likely of the three to happen. If RG3 is available when the Bills pick comes up and they pass on him....that alone will be enough for me to give up.

Edited by Rayzer32

I've been a fan for almost 40 years. I'm 43 and as soon I was interested in football I was a Bills fan. But if I am going even bother to watch them next season these three things need to happen. I plan on having a lot of free time on Sundays next football season. Here they are.

3. Make CJ Spiller the starting RB. Amazing what a player can do when given a chance.

I believe re-signing SJ might be the most likely of the three to happen. If RG3 is available when the Bills pick comes up and they pass on him....that alone will be enough for me to give up.

that is important information. thanks for telling us.

Sorry Rayzer… I laughed my ass off at Zazie's comment.

Ya gotta admit…

Anyways, 2 of my best-case wishes are the same as yours.

1) Bring in a viable starting quarterback by whatever means necessary (Fitz becomes mentor/backup)

2) Re-sign Stevie Johnson (also Chandler, Rinehart, Bryan Scott)

3) Contract extension for Fred Jackson to be the starting running back

4) Fire George Edwards

that is important information. thanks for telling us.

Isn't a message board a place for opinions??? This is my opinion on what this teams needs to do in order not to lose ANOTHER fan. Don't throw an a-hole comment out there if you don't like my opinion genius!!!

Ya gotta admit

1) Bring in a viable starting quarterback by whatever means necessary (Fitz becomes mentor/backup)

4) Fire George Edwards

Yeah it was kinda funny, but uncalled for IMO. I'm sure he has made numerous comments that people could care less about.

And good call, I forgot to mention that George Edwards needs to go too. But I think CJ needs every opportunity to be given the chance to be the Bills starting RB next year. He has shown what he can do when he is called upon to be the number 1 guy. I like Fred, but he is getting older and hopefully this injury isn't a sign of what's to become.

I tend to agree w you, but it would be nice to see him in a Bills uni.

Yes...yes it would. I was hoping Barkley would come out, cause he seems like a legit gamer, but oh well.

I agree with the 3 things you want (Althouht I'd trade up to get RG3) but your still going to watch, Bills fans are used to being abused & no matter how mant times we say "this is it I am done " as soon as the season starts there we are, back again

I agree with the 3 things you want (Althouht I'd trade up to get RG3) but your still going to watch, Bills fans are used to being abused & no matter how mant times we say "this is it I am done " as soon as the season starts there we are, back again

That's what I'm afraid of :angry:, but I did not watch one second of today's game....thank God!!!

Fitzpatrick will be the starter.

Johnson will not be back.

Freddie will be the starter.

There's your 2012 predictions.

Oh, and also... 5-11 final record. Chan is fired.

This is also what I am afraid of and I have to agree with all three points and the record, although 5 wins might be stretching it :blush:.

Ya gotta admit…

4) Fire George Edwards

And Mike Sherman to OC so Chan can HC.

I tend to agree w you, but it would be nice to see him in a Bills uni.

Trade up. All it takes is some ba--s. We trade our number 1 draft picks a few years afterwards any ways. Lets reverse the trend and give them up now. Same difference, who knows we might get more for them than a future 4th round draft pick down the line and think of all the money we would save! Make an offer they can not refuse within reason.

How about if they:

* Bring in Matt Flynn (Fitz Competition)

* Draft a Franchise type receiver - who is not grabbing headlines for the wrong reasons

* Get a healthy Fred Jackson back - Who was a leader in the lockerroom and stats sheet...

Me - I gave them a soft write off a couple of years ago when I quit buying the NFL ticket because they suck and have no desire to get it until the Bills do something that get's me excited about them again....

Well I already stopped following them this year, about mid season. SO for me to come back next year, Id like them to at least try to become better. They need to resign stevie, period, no excuses, he should be locked up, make it happen. Second if they dont make some moves, or at east try to make some moves, for a new QB then its obvious they are either A) really dumb or B) content with sucking. Getting a new defensive staff is a no brainer too.

Well I already stopped following them this year, about mid season. SO for me to come back next year, Id like them to at least try to become better. They need to resign stevie, period, no excuses, he should be locked up, make it happen. Second if they dont make some moves, or at east try to make some moves, for a new QB then its obvious they are either A) really dumb or B) content with sucking. Getting a new defensive staff is a no brainer too.

So after 5-3 you gave up on them? Also, doesn't coming to this site mean you are still following them? I mean, it is a BUFFALO BILLS fan site, right?

:thumbsup:

I think you can most certainly expect that to happen mid way thru the season if the same OC & DC are retained

Once fired tho, Wannstache will take over and this team will start playing to its strengths on offense....they will run the ball! Both RB's are far superior in talent and much more stable then the QB.

Once this happens you can expect the team to start winning and perhaps even finish with a winning record

1. Sign Steve Johnson - This is a must - we can't afford to have another huge hole on this team.

2. Get rid of George Edwards. Give Wannstadt the keys to the defense.

3. Either Trade Fred Jackson for a number one pick or give him an extension. It must be a number one pick if we lose this player. But if we can get another number 1 pick we could potentially get either Blackman or Alshon Jeffery and still use the other true first round pick on a LB.

4. Draft two pass rushing outside LB's in the first three picks of the draft. The Merriman experiment is over.

5. Use CJ more as a slot receiver to get him on the field. Do we really need Brad Smith and Roscoe Parrish if Chan can't utilize them effectively? Parrish is always hurt don't resign him.

6. Get Dwayne Bowe as a free agent if we don't draft a true starting receiver.

7. Stop resigning players that always get hurt (parrish, merriman, bell, Mcgee). They are useless if they end up on IR every year.

8. Give Levitre an extension. He is durable and can play everywhere on the line. This guy is invaluable. He is our most important offensive lineman.

9. Resign Chandler and Scott.

10. Pick either a 3/4 or 4/3 defense and stick with it. The hybrid doesn't work. The amount of blown assignments switching back and forth is mind boggling.

Wow, you like what you have seen of Spiller enough to want to make him the feature back over FredEX, who many (everywhere, not just in Buffalo) felt was the best back in the NFL until he got hurt this season?

I think that Gailey still believes Fitz is his QB. He will blame the last 10 games on IR, or Fitz was sore or something. They won't use a high pick, or probably any pick, on a QB.

"Me First" ... I suspect they will try and resign Johnson and hopefully they can come to a fair arrangement to both sides and get it done. If SJ somehow manages to extract his head from his ass and quit the childish bull **** he could be a decent WR.

So you want to sign a punk who is nothing more than a #2 WR instead of going out and paying for and drafting some real talent that doensn't have the mentality of a 12 year old?

The only way I watch another game is Ralph isn't owner

all this and:

stevie goes to the pats and smokes the bills twice a year for the foreseeable future.