A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) In the first qtr. with approx. 9 minutes to play, Dareus put a hit on Brady that I will always cherish. In the 2nd Qtr., he banged out Welker. He also set up the sack by Moats. Dareus is the real deal.

2) Yeah, I will say it again.....Moorman is shot. I thank him for his long term service but he is done.

3 It hurts to watch the Bills with NO credible starting OLBs. Kelsay looks good on paper, but he sucks. He is a horrible OLB and a sub-standard DE.

4) SJ? What pisses me off is that if Gailey cannot control him, FITZ should be able to. They were second teamers together.

5) Pears and Hairston are pretty good run blockers. Hairston did not look like a good LT vs. the pass rush from where I sat today.

6) Spiller? He was a good situational player today. But he is a mere fraction of FJ in terms of being a football player.

7) "Some come to laugh their past away

Some come to make it just one more day

Whichever way your pleasure tends

If you plant ice you're gonna harvest the wind."

8) Fitz sucked, but I can't help thinking that he is hurt. His arm CAN'T be that bad!!!

9) If anyone cares, I think that Brady is on his way down.

10) Chan was pass happy today, no doubt.

11) I for one enjoy the off-season on TBD more than I do during the season. We will be privy to the views of people who truly follow the draft, and know what they are talking about. Speaking of which, please keep us posted as to our draft slot, hence this ugly loss.

12) Happy New Year to all of you and your loved ones. And thanks again for caring enough about my rants to read them.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

point 5 Hairston would be a good RT. We need a stud LT. Please don't anyone say Hairston at left and pears at right are going to work in 2012. Unless 2 seconds of pass protection is now considered good.

They need to toughen Bell up. When healthy he's an above avg LT.

Per #6 , only 13 for 60 rushing, even when the bills had the lead.

still, calling 4-5 WR spread, shotgun passing plays, empty backfield, with Stevie Johnson on the bench

Just seemed to me that Spiller was used more often as a WR in the second half then as a RB

Dunno, maybe its just me...I just don't get it

Edited by Fear the Beard

Per #6 , only 13 for 60 rushing, even when the bills had the lead.

still, calling 4-5 WR spread, shotgun passing plays, empty backfield, with Stevie Johnson on the bench

Just seemed to me that Spiller was used more often as a WR in the second half then as a RB

Dunno, maybe its just me...I just don't get it

It's not just you.

1) In the first qtr. with approx. 9 minutes to play, Dareus put a hit on Brady that I will always cherish. In the 2nd Qtr., he banged out Welker. He also set up the sack by Moats. Dareus is the real deal.

2) Yeah, I will say it again.....Moorman is shot. I thank him for his long term service but he is done.

3 It hurts to watch the Bills with NO credible starting OLBs. Kelsay looks good on paper, but he sucks. He is a horrible OLB and a sub-standard DE.

4) SJ? What pisses me off is that if Gailey cannot control him, FITZ should be able to. They were second teamers together.

5) Pears and Hairston are pretty good run blockers. Hairston did not look like a good LT vs. the pass rush from where I sat today.

6) Spiller? He was a good situational player today. But he is a mere fraction of FJ in terms of being a football player.

8) Fitz sucked, but I can't help thinking that he is hurt. His arm CAN'T be that bad!!!

11) I for one enjoy the off-season on TBD more than I do during the season. We will be privy to the views of people who truly follow the draft, and know what they are talking about. Speaking of which, please keep us posted as to our draft slot, hence this ugly loss.

12) Happy New Year to all of you and your loved ones. And thanks again for caring enough about my rants to read them.

1) Dareus - Will be a good one. We needed more hits on Brady.

2) Moorman - least of our problems.

3) NO credible starting OLBs - Shameful crew of OLBs on this team.

4) SJ? - SJ is a clown. More veteran leadership would have helped to put this clown in his place. Kudos to Chan for finally taking a stance.

5) Pears and Hairston - good RT's. We need an LT on this roster.

6) Spiller - with Freddy out Spiller is the best guy on the offense, we really need some legitimate WRs

7) more Dead.

8) Fitz - looks so horrible that I want to draft a QB.

9) If anyone cares, I think that Brady is on his way down. - Still light years ahead of Fitz.

10) Chan was pass happy today - normal.

11) I for one enjoy the off-season on TBD more than I do during the season. - nope, i love the games on Sunday. Just want to win more of them someday.

12) Happy New Year to you too.

good post! happy new year to you!!

It's not just you.

+ 1

I'm not even sure Chan gets it. He was interviewed after than game, asked about going away from the running game, and said

he wanted to run more going into the 2nd have but couldn't. I looked at the game log and the first two runs of the half Spiller

gained 5 and 6 yards. ???

And you see "shutgon" "shotgun" and "shotgun". :blink:

I'm not sure he knows what the heck is going on out there.

Spiller and Fred both had 6 TDs this year, they also had near identical yards per carry. Spiller had only 60% of Fred's touches.

Fred is 30, Spiller is 24, and the stats don't lie. It's time to give up on the irrational mancrush

Edited by Endless Ike

Spiller and Fred both had 6 TDs this year, they also had near identical yards per carry. Spiller had only 60% of Fred's touches.

Fred is 30, Spiller is 24, and the stats don't lie. It's time to give up on the irrational mancrush

yea, lets cut the leading rusher through game 6 because he's 30.

fred's blocking is light years ahead of CJ. BTW I really like CJ and believe with the right

game plan they can dominate, a lot more than Spiller/ Choice can..

yea, lets cut the leading rusher through game 6 because he's 30.

fred's blocking is light years ahead of CJ. BTW I really like CJ and believe with the right

game plan they can dominate, a lot more than Spiller/ Choice can..

Didn't say to cut him...only that the future is CJ, and its tiem to stop denigrating him as a "situational player."

and as to blocking, that's something all young RBs struggle with, and somethign they almost all learn in time.

Edited by Endless Ike

Your posts are predictable at this point.

Slight CJ, raise Dareus as the next coming, fill in the rest of the game. Where was Dareus in the second half? If CJ is a situational player, Dareus is a situational contributor. Flash for a few plays and then disappear.

Next year title these threads Bill's preconceived thoughts about the game. You couldn't be anymore transparent, might as well make it known In the thread title.

Edit: Every week Fitz is hurt according to Bill, what insight.

Edited by bouds

Bill.....Happy New Year to you and yours!

Thanks for your weekly takes.....I enjoy them muchly.

First, I praise Gaily (haven't done that much this season) for handling SJ the way he did. He had to do this. I hope he gets it now, not eventually, now. I want to re-sign him for sure. I just hope he gets it together.

Kelsay good on paper? DOn't know what that one means, but not good on the field for sure. Time to move on from this less than mediocre player.

I don't know if Fitz has an injury but my wish for the offseason is to get Fitz help. A big time WR to go along side SJ. Sprinkle in CHandler at TE, Nelson/Jones on multi WR looks. I like that. Though Fitz will never be elite, I feel we can win with him. I know he has struggled but our D has to be a priority overall. Not QB.

The thought of having FJ and CJ together, healthy and signed intrigues me. Don't know how realistic this is but would love to see it.

OLB is a major priority as you say.

OL? Well, we can't possibly fix everything at once but there are enough pieces to piece together an adequete line. Depth must be had.

People, we're just not very good. Let's hope for a real good offseason and draft and pray that our hopefuls from this past offseason mature and take the next step.

I'm ever so cautiously optimistic.

Peace!

SJ's a flake. I was still a supporter until today. With all the warnings he's had, and admitting he cost us vs jets, and his last game before free agency, he pulls another stunt ? I have zero confidnence he can control himself. Let him walk, save the money and sign someone else. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

They need to toughen Bell up. When healthy he's an above avg LT.

You don't coach toughness and strength. Some guys have it and some don't. Bell is weak and susceptible to injury as evidenced by the games he's missed since the 2009 opener.