Blow it up!

phypon

When do firings start? Think we will hear any news by tomorrow?

Black Monday its called...I seriously doubt you will hear anything about the Buffalo Bills on Monday.

usually the media types have their ears working overtime around this time of the year, haven't said a thing about this team so far

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even that is doubtful, like I said those media types burrowing their way into the nooks and crannies of each and every team.

Even some supposedly pay for info, and yet nothing being said anywhere about the Buffalo Bills

It's highly unlikely Chan will fire himself, so yeah. And, I doubt he fires Curtis Modkins either. The guy makes good coffee. 0:)

Is Gailey begging to be fired?

What NFL coach calls that many pass plays and stand there and not expect the oppossing defense to catch on to what's about to happen?

I put the interceptions on Gailey. It's criminal at the lack of touches the running backs had today, especially after building that lead.

I'm done with Chan Gailey. This game cemented it.

I'm a fan just like I think you are. Nothing would make me happier than making the playoffs. But seriously, what does crying about things honestly do? We are completely powerless to change anything.

I think our offense is as good as it has been in forever. Our oline, which most people trashes, set franchise records for sacks allowed and we average 5 ypc. That is very good. Fitz is what he is but he's about as good of a QB as we have had since Bledsoe.

Our defense sucks and a change definitely needs to be made there. But it's not crazy to think a team that started 5-2 and gets pro bowl talent back (Wood, FJax, Williams) and adds more talent is that far off.

Boooo... This comment sucks. It's far too sane and rational for this board.

Let's be logical about this. Every year we hear the same spin from the Bills' GM & Head Coach. Then gullible fans keep repeating it. "We are only a few players away from being a good team."

"We have made progress." Then there is the berating of posters who dare to see through the BS, as if they are traitors.

Forget what has been said each year. Look at the facts. Look at the actual trends shown by this organization over a period of several years. There is no real evidence that this team is any better now than it has been for several years. You can pick one or two statistics (like the number of sacks given up) and claim that the o-line is better. But once teams could see the Bills' early season offensive pattern, they no longer had to blitz as much to stop the offense. Since the team did not make a lot of changes in play calling all season, they were doomed to be beaten repeatedly.

I like the comment that we have no control over what will happen. That is so wrong. I believe that most of the token moves OBD has made in recent years are in response to unhappy fans. If more fans expressed displeasure with the way the franchise is run, there would be more pressure for the team to invest more into winning (if they want to keep the business profitable).

They don't have final say over personnel in this franchise. Littmann and Brandon are running this team, standing behind the curtain, and making the budget. Nix, Whaley, and Gailey are basically the front men for an organization run by people who don't care about anything but the bottom line. Firing Gailey or anyone has to be approved at the highest level because it affects the bottom line.

Well Littmann (treasurer) & Overdorf a longtime Wilson friend have been calling the financial shots more and more ever since Wilson fired Tom Donahoe. Brandon answers to them but has no real say in who gets paid what anymore from what I understand. That decision comes from Detroit. The last time to my knowledge that Russ Brandon was directly involved in any contract negotiations was the Jason Peters fisco when he told us that Peter's agent would not return any of his calls. Don't look for any big FA signings either as spending will continue at the absolute minimum until the new collective labor agreement dictates otherwise that all teams spend to the cap. Buddy Nix's hands are tied but he'll never tell you that.

When do firings start? Think we will hear any news by tomorrow?

I spoke with someone today that made a very interesting point. The best way to miss the playoffs 12 years straight is to change head coaches every 2-3 years. Coaches get their players and install their systems and you blow it all up before they can make it click.

So if you want to miss the playoffs for 15 straight years, then fire Chan now.

PTR

I spoke with someone today that made a very interesting point. The best way to miss the playoffs 12 years straight is to change head coaches every 2-3 years. Coaches get their players and install their systems and you blow it all up before they can make it click.

PTR

This.

While watching the game today, my gf asked who the coach was before Gaily. Then she asked who was before Jauron. And then before Mularky...

She was attempting to find out how long ago Levy retired and who came after, and she couldnt believe how many coaches we've gone through in the last 15 years. I could believe it because I've been around for it, but I'd rather not believe it.

There need to be some changes made on the coaching staff, but to "blow it up" just keeps us in the rebuild cycle. Especially when we are now blowing it up after 2 years.

I like the comment that we have no control over what will happen. That is so wrong. I believe that most of the token moves OBD has made in recent years are in response to unhappy fans. If more fans expressed displeasure with the way the franchise is run, there would be more pressure for the team to invest more into winning (if they want to keep the business profitable).

Season ticket sales should drop precipitously for 2012, as they have the last 2 years. I just don't think fans are buying the excuses, hype, and half-measures as proof they're close or trying to win. And I don't think firing Edwards will be enough to convince people (along with another draft class) that anything's changed. Then again, maybe the goal is to run it into the ground.

PTR

It appears, after two seasons that Gailey is well on his way to getting Buffalo to 15 non-playoff years all by himself. Bad coordinator selections, 1-8 finish to the season, 10-22 record with Buffalo.

It appears, after two seasons that Gailey is well on his way to getting Buffalo to 15 non-playoff years all by himself. Bad coordinator selections, 1-8 finish to the season, 10-22 record with Buffalo.

And Chan was 9-6 over a stretch.

So the answer is to keep plunking quarters and pulling the handle? I'll stick with Chan.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot