$7.5M would make Johnson the 15th highest paid WR in the league

Jerry Jabber

According to WGR, if Johnson got a deal done at $7.5M, that would make him the 15th highest paid WR in the league.

http://wgr550.com/CAPACCIO--What-is-Stevie-Johnson-s-Value-/11853951

Currently, Johnson is 18th in receiving yards (with no real #2 WR to compliment him.)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Terrell Owens was paid $6.5M for his year in Buffalo. Here are T.O.'s stats during his year in Buffalo:

55 Rec, 829 yds, 5 TD's

Here are Johnson stats from the last 2 seasons:

82 Rec, 1073 yds, 10 TD's

(15 games): 72 Rec, 964 yds, 6 TD's

Johnson has clearly outplayed T.O. and should be paid. IMO, Johnson is giving the Bills a hometown discount and the Bills would be foolish to let him go. Pay the man already!!

According to WGR, if Johnson got a deal done at $7.5M, that would make him the 15th highest paid WR in the league.

Currently, Johnson is 18th in receiving yards (with no real #2 WR to compliment him.)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Terrell Owens was paid $6.5M for his year in Buffalo. Here are T.O.'s stats during his year in Buffalo:

55 Rec, 829 yds, 5 TD's

Johnson has clearly outplayed T.O. and should be paid. IMO, Johnson is giving the Bills a hometown discount and the Bills would be foolish to let him go. Pay the man already!!

Concur.

Not saying one way or another if Johnson is worth the money, but the T.O. comparison is useless. Different ages, different number of years in the league, etc. A true comparison would be guys drafted in the same draft, or guys the same age, or guys with the same number of games started/played. Then you're talking true statistical comparisons.

Its very reasonable. I'm having a hard time coming up with 15 better wrs. In no particular order i've come up with

1 Megatron

2 Larry Fitz

3 Andre Johnson

4 Greg Jennings

5 Welker

6 Brandon Marshall

7 Roddy White

8 I think there is a bunch of players in this range that could be argued depending on health, qb ability, or other factors. They include santonio holmes, miles austin, stevie, hakeem nicks, victor cruz, v. jax, maclin, harvin, mike wallace, etc...

point being 15th highest for a receiver who is going to be the first in team history to post back to back 1000 yard seasons and is reasonably in the top 15 talent wise is a steal for this team... Plus I got his jersey at the beginning of the year lol

Don't forget there will be a few other WR's who get huge deals this offseason.....Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston and even probably DeShaun Jackson of the Eagles will all get pretty big deals. When all is said and done 7.5 will probably be closer to 20th in the league than 15th. Just throwin that out there.....

If the Bills don't re-sign him it will pretty much make me give up hope on their being a first-class franchise. Stevie is exactly the kind of player you need to keep. Yes, he could be better, yes tey could use a reliable deep threat on the other side, but they've developed him, he has considerable value, and letting him go only creates another hole to fill when they have serious holes already and not enough depth.

In the current NFL, every team is going to lose significant players to injury every season. It's not bad luck or bad training, it's the nature of the game today. The Bills need to keep their better-than-average players and seek more. If they can't keep Stevie, then it's a sign they are not a serious team.

From what i have read most all the negotiations go through Overdorf if he doesn't get this deal done at the 7.5 a year he should be fired !!! End of story . Stevie is at the top of the heap when it comes to out put for our team , when your name is mentioned with Eric Moulds & Andre Reed in respect to the Bills you have done something /

And when you can do something for the franchise that they never did by having back to back 1000 yd seasons that's saying something !!

The off season is going to be very busy for the Bills in respect to signing our core guys that have contracts that are getting ready to expire & it will show all of us just how dedicated this team is to winning or just staying mediocre !!!

Come Buddy use some of your weight & let's GET R DUN !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its very reasonable. I'm having a hard time coming up with 15 better wrs. In no particular order i've come up with

1 Megatron

2 Larry Fitz

3 Andre Johnson

4 Greg Jennings

5 Welker

6 Brandon Marshall

7 Roddy White

8 I think there is a bunch of players in this range that could be argued depending on health, qb ability, or other factors. They include santonio holmes, miles austin, stevie, hakeem nicks, victor cruz, v. jax, maclin, harvin, mike wallace, etc...

point being 15th highest for a receiver who is going to be the first in team history to post back to back 1000 yard seasons and is reasonably in the top 15 talent wise is a steal for this team... Plus I got his jersey at the beginning of the year lol

Also Reggie Wayne, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin, AJ Green, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Brandon Lloyd, Marques Colston, Steve Smith...

Its crowded once you get past the top 5 or 6.

for all the crap we give Overdorf, the agents do seem to like him (from the most recent report). So I guess it isn't all negative. When you see reports like that, it seems more evident that it is more ralph than overdorf when players don't get resigned.

I do find it odd that they overpay for someone like kesley, who is a decent player, but hardly worth what we are paying him, but our best players, they seem to have trouble paying a high amount. I am still surprised we have Kyle locked in for a longterm deal.

Right now, I think it is 50/50 until I hear the front office say Stevie is a priority. Also want to hear some extension talk about JAckson. I know he is getting older, but he obviously has some left in the tank coming off his best season.

Also would like to extend bell. people rag on him for injuries, but didn't he start all 16 games last season? I don't think he is as injury prone as people make him out to be.

Don't forget there will be a few other WR's who get huge deals this offseason.....Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston and even probably DeShaun Jackson of the Eagles will all get pretty big deals. When all is said and done 7.5 will probably be closer to 20th in the league than 15th. Just throwin that out there.....

I think Jackson cost himself a ton of money this year. He is approaching to status as far as being poison and has a serious concussion history. It will be very interesting to see who pays him and how much bc when on he is definitely an elite talent.

55 Rec, 829 yds, 5 TD's

Seems reasonable to me, this offense needs him thats for sure.

Also Reggie Wayne, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin, AJ Green, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Brandon Lloyd, Marques Colston, Steve Smith...

Its crowded once you get past the top 5 or 6.

It really is... between you and I we named a ton of receivers but he is def our best and definitely in the conversation once you get past those top few guys. Please re-sign this guy!