Fire Chan.... Hire Wannstedt

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

Really Wanny as HC could be the best thing for this team

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the best replacement you can come up with? Is it because he has been part of our special defense this year?

Chan deserves another year. We will never be a real team untill old Ralphy kicks the bucket anyway.

Just like Ralph is doin at this point in his life....were just pissin in the wind being fans while he is still the owner. But hey I am a glutton for punishment.

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Wanny has always sucked as a HC, It would be like having Wade, Capers and Lebeau as HCs; great DCs bad HCs.

I say bring in Mike Sherman as OC and then Chan can do his own job.

1324958678[/url]' post='2346130']

Wow. Let's hire a career loser at HC to be our HC. Wanny was a good dc due to the talent he had. Not only is he not a HC, he's not a good dc. IMO fire him altogether. He's crap.

No way do I get rid of Chan. When this team was healthy, Chan had them playing at a high level. I'm all for Wanny taking over the D, but Chan needs to remain HC and in charge of the offense. Too many Bills fans are quick to throw the baby out with the bath water.

No way do I get rid of Chan. When this team was healthy, Chan had them playing at a high level. I'm all for Wanny taking over the D, but Chan needs to remain HC and in charge of the offense. Too many Bills fans are quick to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I think that Chan should fire himself as offensive coordinator and hire Marty Schottenheimer or maybe even give Frank Reich a shot. Chan sucks as an OC.

c'mon guys get real! a coach is only as good as the players he has. When the team was healthy, and could execute his offense, everyone called him Megamind. Now that the team is missing 8 starters, they're calling for his head. Let's face it, they simply dont have the depth yet. Next year is year 3 so let's see whan Nix does to bring depth in, or maybe Nix will hand over the reigns to Doug Whaley. One thing is for sure, george edwards is not the answer, he doesnt adjust well or use many blitzes, and with it being a passing league, that is required these days, either move Wanny up to DC or hire someone new. It's not Chan!!

That would be a HUGE mistake...........but wait I heard Shanahan is rebuilding too, just say no to retread coaches

I think the only way Wanny takes over the D us if he can make it player-friendly and it doesn't take too long to learn.

I think that Chan should fire himself as offensive coordinator and hire Marty Schottenheimer or maybe even give Frank Reich a shot. Chan sucks as an OC.

Frank Reich is an interesting prospect indeed. Would he come back here as a coach. That would be a big promotion for QB coach to OC is he ready or would Jimbo be breathing down his neck if we brought him in????

Edited by Lenigmusx

Frank Reich is an interesting prospect indeed. Would he come back here as a coach. That would be a big promotion for QB coach to OC is he ready or would Jimbo be breathing down his neck if we brought him in????

I really don't know how good Frank would be, but I do want Chan to give up the reigns of being OC. He's not cut from the "run first" cloth which we will need from our OC in 2012.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Wanny has always sucked as a HC, It would be like having Wade, Capers and Lebeau as HCs; great DCs bad HCs.

I say bring in Mike Sherman as OC and then Chan can do his own job.

check Wade's coaching record- bad is not correct. He has a good winning percentage and 2 losing records in 9 years. I'm not saying in any way bring in Wade leave Chan alone but Wade gets grouped into good DC -which he is and bad HC which Wade is not. Just sayin - look it up

i didn't even realize he was coaching....but it appears he went from QB coach to WR coach in Indy....