Which network did you...or do you plan to watch?

I am a conservative. I am little right of right wing.

I cannot stand to watch Hannity & Colmes because Sean Hannity is like watching a little "nancy" in elementary school fight like a sissy. He is a relentless mud slinger.

So,....my point is I stayed away from watching FOX news last night because I thought I would take a chance and watch MSNBC. I figured I would watch with an open mind and not allow myself to be influenced by the FOX talking heads.

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal??? :unsure:

I would bet a million dollars that if you looked into Tom Brokaw's check register you would see a big check having been written to the Kerry Campaign. This guy is a whore for the Democratic party.

Ron Regan? This clown needs to come out of the closet and get counseling.

I am a conservative.  I am little right of right wing.

I cannot stand to watch Hannity & Colmes because Sean Hannity is like watching a little "nancy" in elementary school fight like a sissy.  He is a relentless mud slinger.

So,....my point is I stayed away from watching FOX news last night because I thought I would take a chance and watch MSNBC.  I figured I would watch with an open mind and not allow myself to be influenced by the FOX talking heads.

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal???    :unsure:

I would bet a million dollars that if you looked into Tom Brokaw's check register you would see a big check having been written to the Kerry Campaign.  This guy is a whore for the Democratic party.

Ron Regan?  This clown needs to come out of the closet and get counseling.

12780[/snapback]

I'll be watching NFL Network - because there won't be any politicians lying to me there...

I cannot stand to watch Hannity & Colmes because Sean Hannity is like watching a little "nancy" in elementary school fight like a sissy.  He is a relentless mud slinger.

So,....my point is I stayed away from watching FOX news last night because I thought I would take a chance and watch MSNBC.  I figured I would watch with an open mind and not allow myself to be influenced by the FOX talking heads.

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal???    :unsure:

I would bet a million dollars that if you looked into Tom Brokaw's check register you would see a big check having been written to the Kerry Campaign.  This guy is a whore for the Democratic party.

12780[/snapback]

I'll take that bet.

Hyperbole aside, Democrats had the same criticism of MSNBC, it's much more "entertaining" to critically analyze than to simply repeat speeches and allow guests to spew unfettered talking points. Just because they don't praise speeches or will question statements and policies it doesn't make them liberal -- they did the same thing during the DNC.

I cannot stand to watch Hannity & Colmes because Sean Hannity is like watching a little "nancy" in elementary school fight like a sissy.   He is a relentless mud slinger.

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal???    :angry:

Ron Regan?   This clown needs to come out of the closet and get counseling.

12780[/snapback]

I agree with you on the FOX thing with Hannity, he's an ass and brings nothing constructive to the event. I have been watching MSNBC and CSPAN, which I watched during the DNC as well. Being a "lefty, lemming, liberal" I don't have the problem with Brokaw that you do. :P  However, I think he's much better when he's with Russert, which he has been quite often.

My biggest problem is with Mathews. He's a two bit whore that changes his position whenever he perceives the popular political winds changing. On top of that he won't shut his blathering mouth long enough for anybody else to get a word in edgewise. At least there is more of a balance with Joe Scarborough, et al coming in from the right and from the moderate positions than I get from FOX or CNN.

I watch C-SPAN for the speeches because you're less likely to get some idiot commentator breaking in with "analysis," or in the case of minor speeches, breaking away to something "more interesting." After each major speech concludes, I flip around to see what the talking heads are saying on CNN, MSNBC, and occasionally, if I need a laugh, Fox.

Another consideration is that I am hard of hearing and use closed captions -- I can hear the speeches and commentary but the captions help in case I miss something. The captions on C-SPAN are much better than on other networks -- particularly CNN, where it usually looks like some drunk in a bar is doing the transcribing. The captioning on MSNBC is okay but they usually have trouble (understandably) keeping up with Matthews.

During the day I'll watch the speeches on CSPAN.org. Yesterday some lady had a bit of trouble with the TelePrompTer:

President Bush has demonstrated that the backs of the servicemen will not -- that the backs -- the backs him one hundred percent.  He backs them.  He backs them.

:angry:

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal???    :angry:

12780[/snapback]

I'll watch C-Span, I watched some on CNN last night and the audience shots had be believing only Afro-Americans and Veterans were in attendance

Do some of you lefties REALLY not believe that the mainstream media isn't liberal???    :P

12780[/snapback]

That is kind of funny that you mention that about Hannity, I always say the same thing. My father worked on the railroad and always says that if he (Hannity) worked back then and acted like that, he would get smacked around. Too bad there are rules against workplace violence now! :D Funny, Mario Cuomo put him in his place a while back... I think it went along the lines of: "Sean, you are a nice looking guy, how can you think the way you do?" :angry:

Mainstream media IS liberal. What is wrong with that? Like most universities out there, the liberal thought process is more condusive to change and intellectual thought... GO AHEAD SHOOT ME! Take a look at NPR, at least they will stick in human interest stories, art, music, and what not.

I am disappointed at McCain, he was reading from the teleprompter like a drone. It seemed painful on his part. It is almost like the cyborg republicans assimilated him... "Just by your time John, we will give it to you in '08". I really think he could have been the Teddy Roosevelt of the 21st century. Something, anything, needs to be done to shake up the 2 party system.

For now I am voting for change. There is only one candidate that will have a chance at winning in '04, that will change things.

Did not watch at all. I'd sooner stick my testicles in a vice and start turning the handle then watch those schmucks try to convince me their stevestojan don't stink.

13200[/snapback]

You know it would be bad, but I am not willing to go that far. :angry:

Did not watch at all. I'd sooner stick my testicles in a vice and start turning the handle then watch those schmucks try to convince me their stevestojan don't stink.

13200[/snapback]

Same here. I'd rather stick Gavin's testicles in a vice than watch the convention, too... :angry:

I'm watching MSNBC because I wanted to watch the fringe speakers on C-Span, but they aren't letting anyone speak. Instead, every time I turn on C-Span to get the feel of the convention they're either doing a roll call vote for the nomination or they have some group singing or doing something that has nothing to do with politics. When the Democrats held their convention I'd get home from work and they were parading speakers out there all night. I was hoping I could turn on C-Span & see the same things from the Republicans, but they don't even start the convention until prime time.

the liberal thought process is more condusive to change and intellectual thought...

Too bad that the liberal thought process is not more conducive to spelling. :doh:

BTW, I agree about Hannity. I should point out that his one strong trait is his use of a Martina McBride intro song on his radio show (hubba hubba <_< ).

I'm watching MSNBC because I wanted to watch the fringe speakers on C-Span, but they aren't letting anyone speak. Instead, every time I turn on C-Span to get the feel of the convention they're either doing a roll call vote for the nomination or they have some group singing or doing something that has nothing to do with politics.  When the Democrats held their convention I'd get home from work and they were parading speakers out there all night.  I was hoping I could turn on C-Span & see the same things from the Republicans, but they don't even start the convention until prime time.

13665[/snapback]

Well, you know, they're only letting the moderate Republicans speak, so that's a pretty short list.

Too bad that the liberal thought process is not more conducive to spelling.  :P

BTW, I agree about Hannity.  I should point out that his one strong trait is his use of a Martina McBride intro song on his radio show (hubba hubba  :D  ).

13808[/snapback]

Sure one of my few spelling mistakes! Sometimes even I get too lazy to proof my posts. :unsure:

You know? You are just gonna make me more neurotic! :lol:

:lol: