Arizona State (6-6) vs Boise State (11-1)

Astrobot

8pm ESPN

ASU (Current Round and Pick in DraftTek Simulator)

1 16 Vontaze Burfict ILB

5 150 Omar Bolden CB

6 165 Brock Osweiler QB

BOISE

2 36 Billy Winn DE43

3 84 Nate Potter OT

4 106 Kellen Moore QB

5 134 Doug Martin RBF

5 143 Shea McClellin DE43

5 155 George Iloka FS

The steals for the Bills here would be Martin and Iloka. Martin is one of 4 running backs in the draft that can actually pick up a block. Iloka is a savvy but hard-hitting player. I like Moore, and he'd be a steal in RD4, but I think he'll start moving up to RD2-3. I don't see the Bills taking a QB in RD 1 or 2. I don't think Burfict is a Bills-type player (he is the antithesis of "don't be dumb, don't be dirty".

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up!

Ive watched 3 AZ St games this year so I could check out Burfict. So far, Im extremely disappointed. In 3 whole games I did not see him make one big play, let along set the tone or change the game.

If the Bills are interested in Kellen Moore (aka Mini-Fitz) then it better be the 5th round or after. I dont ever see him being a better QB than Fitz, and would probably end up backing Fitz up. He's a smart kid that knows how to read defenses, but doesnt have the arm to make deep throws (who does that sound like?).

Thanks for the heads up!

Ive watched 3 AZ St games this year so I could check out Burfict. So far, Im extremely disappointed. In 3 whole games I did not see him make one big play, let along set the tone or change the game.

If the Bills are interested in Kellen Moore (aka Mini-Fitz) then it better be the 5th round or after. I dont ever see him being a better QB than Fitz, and would probably end up backing Fitz up. He's a smart kid that knows how to read defenses, but doesnt have the arm to make deep throws (who does that sound like?).

Burfict may not even play. I guess last game he was pulled & then refused to go back into the game. This guy is a total head case & ASU is a mess. Unless Boise is totally not interested in being there they should put a real beatdown on ASU tonight.

what an awful matchup...how does the 7th ranked team in the country pull an unranked team in a bowl game?

Boise still doesnt get any respect

Id say the fact that a team that plays mostly high school teams being ranked 7th with 1 loss shows they get plenty of respect.

Your issue is just with who accepted invites to a Bowl game.

Am I the only one who thinks Burfict looks a little slow? Obviously he's a standout player, but every time I watch him, he looks like he's plodding out there. That being said, he makes plays, and that matters.

TOTALLY AGREE. McShay was doing a preview of the matchup last night and he showed a bunch of clips of Burfict and all I kept saying to my buddy is, "Wow, he's slow" and my buddy is a big college football guy and he says the guy is completely overrated.

eh, until there is a playoff at the top tier of college football, I will continue not to watch the pointless, not worth anything in relation to championships, overpaid Corporate Sponsor Bowls.

Reality is that Boise has a good program and the BCS penalizes them for their conference which means they can destroy every opponent 70-0 and not be in the national championship game. :wallbash: A 16-32 team playoff system would be appropriate like every other team sport in the NCAA to determine who is best, instead of having a month of pointless games leading up to one meaningful one.

If you have watched Moore, at all, you see he can make all the throws. He is precise and intelligent/intuitive. How deep does a prospect need to be able to throw it before you don't drag out the "arm strength" nonsense. JPL has plenty of arm strength for you.

As for the "high school teams" remark--go check their schedule. 7 of their wins were against teams with winning records.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If you have watched Moore, at all, you see he can make all the throws. He is precise and intelligent/intuitive. How deep does a prospect need to be able to throw it before you don't drag out the "arm strength" nonsense. JPL has plenty of arm strength for you.

As for the "high school teams" remark--go check their schedule. 7 of their wins were against teams with winning records.

Don't bother, he's a fan of the most overrated conference in football where their teams do their best to duck Boise State every year.

I agree with you. I rate Moore more highly from what I've seen. People call Cam Newton a winner after one season doing so in D1 and another in JuCo. Moore has a greater body of work, and growth, to show. He also plays in the cold, and he has had to play plenty of winning teams despite BSU being in the middle of nowhere in BCS terms. R4 would be a steal. R3 would be fine with me. R2 makes me nervous because then you are really starting to put pressure on the kid.

I am not saying I would take him over Griffin or Luck, but if the choice were to trade up for Barkley or sit and grab Moore in R3, I'm choosing the latter - it gets me another player and a solid QB who can sit behind Fitz and learn the pro game.

I agree with you. I rate Moore more highly from what I've seen. People call Cam Newton a winner after one season doing so in D1 and another in JuCo. Moore has a greater body of work, and growth, to show. He also plays in the cold, and he has had to play plenty of winning teams despite BSU being in the middle of nowhere in BCS terms. R4 would be a steal. R3 would be fine with me. R2 makes me nervous because then you are really starting to put pressure on the kid.

I am not saying I would take him over Griffin or Luck, but if the choice were to trade up for Barkley or sit and grab Moore in R3, I'm choosing the latter - it gets me another player and a solid QB who can sit behind Fitz and learn the pro game.

Gotta agree with this. I love Moore and think he will be a stud. If he wins tonight it will be his 50th win of his college career! 50! If he were taken in round 3 or 4 we could draft some help for the d as well as appease the people who think Fitz falling apart has to do with everyone getting hurt. If that is the case we've got a qb of the future if he sucks (again) we have our qb already in the system. I wouldn't mind rg3 or Barkley but if they aren't available I would be ecstatic with Moore.

eh, until there is a playoff at the top tier of college football, I will continue not to watch the pointless, not worth anything in relation to championships, overpaid Corporate Sponsor Bowls.

+1

I plan on watching the Notre Dame game, but otherwise doubtful I'll have any bowl games on other than as background noise (if at all). As for the 'championship' of two preordained teams that I already saw play this year? Meh. I couldn't care less.

Edited by KD in CT