McShay's First Mock -- 1.0

The AntiFin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind Riley Reiff. But what good is giving a guy more time, if all he'll do is throw more picks with it. We need a signal-caller REAL BAD.

We're probably gonna be 5-11. There's a long list of needs. No Way can they be addressed by 7 players in the draft. Only hope is to open up the wallets and obtain talent in Free Agency along with the draft.

I like it, get a franchise LT. Hairston can continue to develop as a backup for both LT and RT and compete with & push Pears for the starting RT job.

From Insider's Scout page on Reiff:

"...Plead guilty to misdemeanor counts of public intoxication and interference with official acts in July of 2009. Officers reportedly found him undressing and acting disoriented in an alley when he ran into a nearby kitchen. Pursuit reportedly lasted 20 minutes and involved eight officers."

I don't want visuals of O-linemen undressing. But hey, at least he didn't steal $20 from a woman at T.G.I. Friday's. :thumbsup:

I don't see the Browns passing on RG3

Word down here in Cleveland is that the Browns are VERY INTERESTED in RG3. Despite the fact they have Colt McCoy, many in the Browns organization feel that he has regressed this year and is not their long term answer at quarterback.

FWIW, you could almost insert "Bills" for "Browns" in the sports talk shows down here in Cleveland and it's identical to the Buffalo ones. Lack of production from the QB position, lack of playoff appearances, etc, etc, etc.

Per ESPN Insider:

1. Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2. Rams: Matt Kalil, OT, USC

3. Vikings: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

4. Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

5. Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

6. Buccaneers: Dre Kikpatrick, CB, Alabama

7. Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

8. Dolphins: Matt Barkley, QB, USC

9. Panthers: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

10. Bills: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

What say you?

Reif is supposed to be the next great tackle so I would be good with it. Would prefer Coples but he's gone in this situation, The FO needs to decide who is better between Reiff or courtney upshaw and go with it. Knowing Nix though he like to get OTs latter so they probably wont go with Reif. Why couldn't Aldon Smith come out this year instead of last.

I don't see the Browns passing on RG3

True

Just curious, anyone know what it would take to move up from 10 to 6? :rolleyes:

Nix don't trade, so might as well drop this out of your mind until we have a new GM (not saying we need a new GM).

Sorry, you're right. What's on the carousel this year, corner?

Actually fills a need this year.

"...Plead guilty to misdemeanor counts of public intoxication and interference with official acts in July of 2009. Officers reportedly found him undressing and acting disoriented in an alley when he ran into a nearby kitchen. Pursuit reportedly lasted 20 minutes and involved eight officers."

I don't want visuals of O-linemen undressing. But hey, at least he didn't steal $20 from a woman at T.G.I. Friday's. :thumbsup:

Well IcansleepwhenImdead thinks he has high testosterone. :P

i personally like alshon jeffry more then blackmon. hes big and done pretty well considering he was handcuffed to steven garcia this whole time. if they are going wr in the 1st ill take alshon.

something else we need to take into consideration is how much the bills FO likes guys who have 0 off field issues and are seniors. yah they took dareus but they want mature guys from big conferences

I agree, but I do like the fact that he was fast enough to make the chase last 20 minutes and strong enogh that it took 8 cops to get him down.

Just need to get him boozed up before the game...boozed up and apparently.... naked. Should make for interesting TV.

i wouldnt mind a LT in the first round if they cant get BG3

I would.

We don't really want to see poor DT Spencer Johnson trying to play OLB again, do we??

And agree with previous that Bills will still slide up higher, at which point a top QB will be an option.

Edited by BobChalmers

In today's NFL why would anyone take a rb in the top 5?

Or, say, at #9?

Nix don't trade, so might as well drop this out of your mind until we have a new GM (not saying we need a new GM).

Actually fills a need this year.

Well IcansleepwhenImdead thinks he has high testosterone. :P

:worthy:

Per ESPN Insider:

1. Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2. Rams: Matt Kalil, OT, USC

3. Vikings: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

4. Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

5. Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

6. Buccaneers: Dre Kikpatrick, CB, Alabama

7. Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

8. Dolphins: Matt Barkley, QB, USC

9. Panthers: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

10. Bills: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

What say you?

I think McShay is off on this. We have servicable starters (at best) at OT, but we have a crying need at OLB.