Landry Jones

I watched him against Texas this year and was blown away. The kid was making all the throws into small windows. It was ridiculous.

But then I watched him in a few more games and it made the Texas game look like a lucky day.

It depends on what LBs, WRs, OL, and DL are on the board when we pick. Im not totally sold on Jones.

Wheres the love for this guy on TBD? He's an accurate passer with a rocket arm and good size. He needs work to work on his awareness in the pocket and his defensive reads but sitting behind Fitz for a year or two would benefit him greatly in that regard.

I want the Bills to take him 1st.

Thoughts?

No offense, but I think that's a horrible idea, unless he has a claussen esq fall and the Bills can grab him in the second. Jones is another in the long line of baaadddd big twelve qbs. He's Gabbert part two.

I watched him against Texas this year and was blown away. The kid was making all the throws into small windows. It was ridiculous.

But then I watched him in a few more games and it made the Texas game look like a lucky day.

It depends on what LBs, WRs, OL, and DL are on the board when we pick. Im not totally sold on Jones.

This is the problem as you point out, he is not consistent. If the Bills take a QB in round 1, it has to be someone that is projected to be competing for the job day 1. I think Jones will be a good QB, but we don't have time. We only have a backup QB on this roster now.

1324396182[/url]' post='2341151']

You've come around!! He has a deer in headlights look about him when the rush comes. I want to draft a qb in the 1st, but only if it's Luck, Barkley or RG3. If they're all gone BPA WR or LT. I like upshaw, Hightower, mercilus and curry but I'd rather go with bpa.....I don't think any of those will be that when we pick. If we picked 15-30 I'd be all for it. Not top 10 though.

Wheres the love for this guy on TBD? He's an accurate passer with a rocket arm and good size. He needs work to work on his awareness in the pocket and his defensive reads but sitting behind Fitz for a year or two would benefit him greatly in that regard.

I want the Bills to take him 1st.

Thoughts?

People love this guy...due to his stats and the system he plays in. Personally I think he is the weakest of the top QB prospects this year. My favorites are Luck and RG3, I am not as sold on Jones and Barkley.

I watched almost all of his games the last 2 years, he is productive no doubt. But only when the system is working perfectly, mostly against crappy teams. Any bit of pressure, or good coverage and he seems to get confused. Pocket awareness is not great, and I see him doing a lot of things that won't likely work in the NFL. I don't see him making decisions or being able to read complex NFL defenses. He has an accurate arm, but I am not sold on the rest.

I don't hate him by any stretch, he could be good. I'd be happy taking a chance on him in the 2nd.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I want Kellen Moore - all 6 ft and 190 pounds of him.

Drew Brees size...

Personally I like RG3. When a guy takes a small, mostly unsuccessful football school and all of the sudden turns them into a strong football team, you know he is good. He has all the tools, and has looked impressive even against top schools. You know this isn't due to the system, or strong recruiting, it is HIM. Somewhat the same situation for Luck. Stanford is not exactly a powerhouse school, but Luck has turned them into one.

It's tougher to judge guys like Landry Jones, and Barkley that have historically good coaching and recruiting.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

You've come around!! He has a deer in headlights look about him when the rush comes. I want to draft a qb in the 1st, but only if it's Luck, Barkley or RG3. If they're all gone BPA WR or LT. I like upshaw, Hightower, mercilus and curry but I'd rather go with bpa.....I don't think any of those will be that when we pick. If we picked 15-30 I'd be all for it. Not top 10 though.

I've never been high on Barkley. I think he is weak in spirit, a la Trent/Gabbert/etc. The only QB Im totally sold on in this draft is Luck.

I want to be sold on RG3, and I like the kid, but I simply havent seen enough of his games to be able to form a real opinion that Im willing to stand behind. Which leaves me in the unfortunate place of having only his upcoming Bowl game, and youtube highlight videos, to go off of.

But IMO, if Luck and RG3 are gone by the time we pick (and I think they will be), then we must go BPA at those positions of need.

Drew Brees size...

Personally I like RG3. When a guy takes a small, mostly unsuccessful football school and all of the sudden turns them into a strong football team, you know he is good. He has all the tools, and has looked impressive even against top schools. You know this isn't due to the system, or strong recruiting, it is HIM. Somewhat the same situation for Luck. Stanford is not exactly a powerhouse school, but Luck has turned them into one.

It's tougher to judge guys like Landry Jones, and Barkley that have historically good coaching and recruiting.

I agree with your sentiments on judging a prospect, which is why Im interested in RG3.

And dear god no, not Kellen Moore. He's Mini-Fitz. Smart kid that can make reads, but cant throw the ball. If we draft Moore, we are drafting someone to play backup to Fitz, not upgrade and replace him. I guess I might look at Moore in the 5th+ rounds.

Edited by DrDareustein

If we do take a QB i would hope that we would look at RG3 he seems to have that it thing !! Plus his legs help an awful lot , but i think because the Bills have got Fitz locked up our first pick will go toward a pass rushing LB or DE .

There are some really good pass rushers this year & we all saw what happened to GBP when KC had pressure from their front 4 on Rogers , & this year although many say Merriman did nothing for the team and should be let go (what a bunch of dopes ! ) after he went down if any of you were at all paying attention that's when our D started going away !!

So bring Merriman back & draft a rookie that he can take under his wing the following year if you want to let Merriman go fine but get out of him all we can while he's here !!!

I'd say a pass rusher in the first , a QB in the second , & a WR in the third !! GO BILLS !!!

Im not big on Jones or Barkley...both seem like nothing more then Leinert to me

BG3 is who I want...love the touch on the deep ball

BG3? Ive seen that a couple times around here but no where else. Are you saying Bob Griffin III?

Edited by DrDareustein

I love how some have already determined that Landry is no good. Probably the same people who said that they would pass on all the QB's that came out last year? How did that prediction work out? <_<

I don't know who's saying that. I have no idea how Jones is going to turn out as a pro.

I just think wondering "where's the love" for this guy is a stupid question when he's thrown 5 picks and 0 TDs in his last three games.

He don't deserve no "love" right now.