Marcell Dareus

Dareus has been the best #1 pick for us in this Century. Hands down.

Zero credit goes to Nix on that pick. It was a no brainer. Newton gone, The best linebacker gone, it was simple. yet while waiting for our pick to be announced

there was still the chance they would screw it up. They didn't.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The BAD team that had that record from the previous year DRAFTED in the 3rd spot.

DEAR GENIUS: You don't even know the Broncos drafted SECOND, and the BILLS drafted third. TOO FUNNY! :doh:

The point of the post that started this was NOT about records or draft positions -- It was about "bad" teams with high draft picks. I mentioned the coaching staff change BEFORE the draft which instantly improved this team. Yup, they sucked last year. But they made great changes in the offseason, and became a lot better. Hence, a "GOOD" team CAN draft low. I pity your ignorance.

I think it was you that said divine intervention...clown.

It's called SARCASM. My 10-year-old niece would have gotten that. But after reading your reply here, and checking some of your other posts -- and seeing how many posters think you're a joke and ignore you -- I'm not going to waste much more time on you. You're seriously dumbing this board down.

Peace out, PDaDdy -- I'm guessing you're 4'11, 230 and have major Napoleon syndrome. My apologies for the physical and mental challenges Tebow -- I mean GOD -- imposed on you.

Denver drafted "THIRD" -- LOL!

Dareus has been the best #1 pick for us in this Century. Hands down.

Zero credit goes to Nix on that pick. It was a no brainer. Newton gone, The best linebacker gone, it was simple. yet while waiting for our pick to be announced

there was still the chance they would screw it up. They didn't.

I agree with your first sentence. I'm just trying to figure out the rest of the post. Sure no genius was required on Nix's part to take Dareus, but why so negative on it? There were plenty of other plays in discussion at the time, Green, Fairly, Quinn, Gabbert, ect... He made the right choice.

Did you not like this draft? Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy, Hairston, and Rogers notably? They all have played, and played well. Personally, I'm not going to complain about a draft like that after the past 15 years or so of awful drafting...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Did you not like this draft? Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy, Hairston, and Rogers notably? They all have played, and played well. Personally, I'm not going to complain about a draft like that after the past 15 years or so of awful drafting...

Absolutely love this draft. These kids have been forced into starting roles (due to injuries) and many will be starters on this team next year with a good amount of experience, pushing some vets out the door.

I'm already looking forward to 2012/2013.

And i think when WIlliams is healthy , Merriman is healthy & the emphasis is taken away from Dareus plus the addition of a rookie pass rusher in this years draft you will see him do even better !!!

You still have faith in Merriman? Do you have a time machine?

Edited by Observer

True the exception must invalidate the rule. Atlanta had to give away almost their entire draft to do it but you get a gold star for finding the 1 in 100 exception. So basically, "almost without exception", elite draft picks are picked by crappy teams that earned their high draft pick.

Von miller isn't in bad shape. Aj greens in a playoff race. Both winning more than losing. I believe the original point was about adjusting to a losing team. 3 out of the top 5 are on playoff contenders

Edited by NoSaint

He's a ROOKIE! He needs time to grow. Not everybody can come in the league right away like Randy Moss and Tom Brady and just light it up right away. Its very rare. Also, this coaching staff knows nothing about grooming talent. They cut Maybin, now he's killin it. Gailey (if he had it his way) wouldn't even play Spiller, and now look at C.J., he may actually start turning into something besides a gimmicky WR.

The great Bruce Smith had 6.5 sacks his rookie year. Dareus is on track to beat that. Not sure what folks expect of a rookie DE? The position takes time, and he's progressing nicely.

And it seems no one understands that you don't rack up sacks as a 34 lineman yet alone one playing a lot of NT. That's what truly made Bruce incredible.

I feel like people were expecting a 43 ends numbers or even a DT in a Tampa 2 that is solely penetrating (sapp for example). if you look at his true peers he has played great. Odds are most can't name many 34 ends because it's not a glory position typically.

Edited by NoSaint

Dont forget about Torell Troupe - he and his back will be back too.

Leave Troupe out of this, he is just a reminder of all the no name schools we drafted from that year. Nix learned his lesson and and drafted all big names schools and the kids are looking good

1. Dareus

2. Williams

3. Sheppard

4. Searcy

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He's been okay, some great games, but the average ones outnumber the really good ones. Everyone points at sacks numbers, but he was brought here to stop the run and so far the run d is still terrible, not Dareus' fault though. He still has a lot of room to grow as a player, wasn't kept fresh either with all the injuries we've had on the DL. Need a legit pass rusher rusher this draft.

He's been okay, some great games, but the average ones outnumber the really good ones. Everyone points at sacks numbers, but he was brought here to stop the run and so far the run d is still terrible, not Dareus' fault though. He still has a lot of room to grow as a player, wasn't kept fresh either with all the injuries we've had on the DL. Need a legit pass rusher rusher this draft.

He was not brought in to stop the run. He was brought in as a DE, who has now shifted to NT. And you're right: not his fault.

He's going to be a foundation that hopefully the Bills build a defense around for years to come. I really don't get the whole "Marcell Dareus sucks" crowd.

I haven't read the thread but have people actually said that Dareus sucks? Really? They've got to be trolling. Even the most casual fan can watch the games and see how good this kid is.

GO BILLS!!!

You do realize that all of the elite players get picked by crappy teams, right...? :)

Aaron Rodgers???

Elite player, was said to be a top 10 in most "analysts" mock drafts, top 5 in some. Went to Green Bay at pick 24 to an already good team with a great QB after 23 crappier teams passed on him.

Unless 24th out of 250 some odd picks isn't considered a "high" draft pick.

Edited by The Wiz