Please sell the team Ralph

- I refuse to root for Ralph Wilson's demise......what I really want to do is thank him for creating the Buffalo Bills and keep them where they should be all these years. I dont want to go down that road even though at this moment I feel such futility of this team.......I admire you Ralph Wilson and I always want to remember you in that way.

Having said that

- Tonight I dont know if I feel any lower as a Bills fan......the Lions are very likely to to make us this year the team that has been out of the playoffs the longest in the league and that is a award I really dont want this team to have.

- The thing is I actually believe that Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey CAN turn this team around.....what I do not believe is when Buddy talks about how he wont let Ralph Wilson spend money......Im sorry I just dont buy that and I feel like Nix is "taking one for the team" when he says that.

- I am a firm believer in biulding through the draft.....but also realize that we cannot JUST biuld through the draft. We must mix free agency and draft together in order to get it done and I just dont feel we will do that as long as this team is under the same ownership......the idea is to have good playmaking veterans running the show while you draft guys like Shep, Aaron Williams, etc etc learning under their wing.....that way when they get pressed into service there is not a drop off in performance. This will not work in the way it is being done now.

- As I sit here tonight I think back on some of the things I have seen over the years....one that comes to mind was when that RB (cant remember his name) veteran guy came out to be interviewed by the media and he sat there like he was in the Siberia of the NFL and could not wait to get the hell out of here.

- By the 5th game of this season I remember being really happy for the bills that they actually got luck on a QB who should not be a franchise guy but they found him anyway in Fitz.....only to have him fall apart as soon as he got some security with the contract......this is followed up by Pears who recently start playing like crap but got a extension....Pears has been AWEFUL.....and so has Fitz........

- Yes the DC needs to replaced.....while I like Chan maybe he even needs to be replaced......TWELVE YEARS since this team has made the playoffs.....but you cannot blame the coaches when the owner accepts such a losing mentality.....

PLEASE MR. WILSON......do what is right for this team

- I refuse to root for Ralph Wilson's demise......what I really want to do is thank him for creating the Buffalo Bills and keep them where they should be all these years. I dont want to go down that road even though at this moment I feel such futility of this team.......I admire you Ralph Wilson and I always want to remember you in that way.

Having said that

- Tonight I dont know if I feel any lower as a Bills fan......the Lions are very likely to to make us this year the team that has been out of the playoffs the longest in the league and that is a award I really dont want this team to have.

- The thing is I actually believe that Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey CAN turn this team around.....what I do not believe is when Buddy talks about how he wont let Ralph Wilson spend money......Im sorry I just dont buy that and I feel like Nix is "taking one for the team" when he says that.

- I am a firm believer in biulding through the draft.....but also realize that we cannot JUST biuld through the draft. We must mix free agency and draft together in order to get it done and I just dont feel we will do that as long as this team is under the same ownership......the idea is to have good playmaking veterans running the show while you draft guys like Shep, Aaron Williams, etc etc learning under their wing.....that way when they get pressed into service there is not a drop off in performance. This will not work in the way it is being done now.

- As I sit here tonight I think back on some of the things I have seen over the years....one that comes to mind was when that RB (cant remember his name) veteran guy came out to be interviewed by the media and he sat there like he was in the Siberia of the NFL and could not wait to get the hell out of here.

- By the 5th game of this season I remember being really happy for the bills that they actually got luck on a QB who should not be a franchise guy but they found him anyway in Fitz.....only to have him fall apart as soon as he got some security with the contract......this is followed up by Pears who recently start playing like crap but got a extension....Pears has been AWEFUL.....and so has Fitz........

- Yes the DC needs to replaced.....while I like Chan maybe he even needs to be replaced......TWELVE YEARS since this team has made the playoffs.....but you cannot blame the coaches when the owner accepts such a losing mentality.....

:cry:

Having said that

You are wasting your time. Wilson doesn't care.

You are wasting your time. Wilson doesn't care.

I know many want to believe and even rush to his defense in belief, but you are right he doesn't. If he cared he would have realized a few years ago it is past time to sell. This game has not only passed him by, but he is too old. Many will talk about his mental acuity for a 93 year old, well 93 is 93 and no the man doesn't have a better grasp than me or anyone else doubting his ability to run this team.

What bothers me is why is he worried about taxes as at worst his family will net over 350 million. I mean how much damn money do they need? There is also his insurance businesses so Im sorry money isn't an issue, Greed and Ego (I.e. its my toy and I am gonna do what I want) that is keeping him from selling. Now his cronies will try to say its to keep it from moving, but no one can keep that from happening and NO buyer is going to put it in their sell contract that they have to keep it here.

Its pure ego.

If he cared, this offseason it would be sold and he could just sit back and live off multi millions for his last days.

I know many want to believe and even rush to his defense in belief, but you are right he doesn't. If he cared he would have realized a few years ago it is past time to sell. This game has not only passed him by, but he is too old. Many will talk about his mental acuity for a 93 year old, well 93 is 93 and no the man doesn't have a better grasp than me or anyone else doubting his ability to run this team.

What bothers me is why is he worried about taxes as at worst his family will net over 350 million. I mean how much damn money do they need? There is also his insurance businesses so Im sorry money isn't an issue, Greed and Ego (I.e. its my toy and I am gonna do what I want) that is keeping him from selling. Now his cronies will try to say its to keep it from moving, but no one can keep that from happening and NO buyer is going to put it in their sell contract that they have to keep it here.

Its pure ego.

If he cared, this offseason it would be sold and he could just sit back and live off multi millions for his last days.

i never understood the reverence some give to this shyster. he should be treated with contempt... booed at every opportunity. that's the way to dent his overinflated ego. that and maybe a stadium full of mr. burns masks.

1. Nothing will change until Wilson, Overdorf & Littman are no longer part of this organization.

2. Wilson is not selling the team prior to his death.

End of story.

all the more reason he should be publicly disrespected by the folks he's defrauded all these years. give him the legacy he deserves.

It's all a Master plan by the NFL to make us so sick of this team that we beg them to move LA, where they can all so the back stroke from the money that market will bring.

Ever see Major League? does this in any way feel any different? I'd almost be willing to bet they drive to all their games in a bus from 1963 these days.

wilson has 18 million reason not to sell the team.Next year he will have 29 million reason he wont sell the team

next year team will be without johnson jackson mckelvin, plus raise tix prices and parking.if you dont like that he might start whining about the upkeep on his stadium.

The time is approaching, I mean 93 is Old. The mind goes, the speech goes and by all accounts, the heart goes. I honestly don't know if Ralph is of sound mind and body, anymore. I too respect the man for building the franchise, but someone will have to take this team into the future. It won't be Ralph. The guy will leave a ton of money to his family. And I hope he does, but The people of Buffalo have traveled with Ralph the whole way. Buffalo first off needs to be able to say that this team will be here and secondly, we need to be a playoff caliber team. but the important thing is who will own this team? What are the options. His Daughter? I shrug to think that she can do anything with this team. A rich investor? In Buffalo? There are very little people who have the money to retain the team and have a new facility to keep them in. The state says they will help, but we can only hope that they step up to the plate on this. More than likely, they will have a small contribution. So we need a person with money. lots of money. A guy like Pagula? I doubt that he could even own three pro teams in Buffalo. Is it even legal? One can only hope. An investment group sounds logical. but will that team be here from WNY? Whom ever gets the crack at it, I sure hope they are smart, Football Smart that is. We need a winner here. We have been waiting for a winner for so long. 11 years is a hell of a long time. I too think that Ralph needs to sell. But who gets the team? That is the question.

The time is approaching, I mean 93 is Old. The mind goes, the speech goes and by all accounts, the heart goes. I honestly don't know if Ralph is of sound mind and body, anymore. I too respect the man for building the franchise, but someone will have to take this team into the future. It won't be Ralph. The guy will leave a ton of money to his family. And I hope he does, but The people of Buffalo have traveled with Ralph the whole way. Buffalo first off needs to be able to say that this team will be here and secondly, we need to be a playoff caliber team. but the important thing is who will own this team? What are the options. His Daughter? I shrug to think that she can do anything with this team. A rich investor? In Buffalo? There are very little people who have the money to retain the team and have a new facility to keep them in. The state says they will help, but we can only hope that they step up to the plate on this. More than likely, they will have a small contribution. So we need a person with money. lots of money. A guy like Pagula? I doubt that he could even own three pro teams in Buffalo. Is it even legal? One can only hope. An investment group sounds logical. but will that team be here from WNY? Whom ever gets the crack at it, I sure hope they are smart, Football Smart that is. We need a winner here. We have been waiting for a winner for so long. 11 years is a hell of a long time. I too think that Ralph needs to sell. But who gets the team? That is the question.

Good post.

Ralph has lived a long and highly successful life by any measure. But after vising my 98 year-old grandmother last weekend, I know that Ralph is about to the point where everyday tasks such as walking, hearing, seeing, etc. become difficult. There is no doubt that even the healthiest individual deteriorates both mentally and physically in their 90's. And, there is no way someone can effectively run an NFL franchise at that age. If he won't sell outright, the smart thing to do would be to sell or transfer ownership of 80% of the team to other investors (http://www.underpenaltyofcatapult.com/412/davis-death-raises-succession-tax-issues) in order to minimize the estate taxes upon his death. Has he already done so? Is such a thing public knowledge?

I personally think Wilson is no longer mentally competent to make everday decisions. Who is the voice of the franchise? Nix? Brandon? There is no central leadership and no plan in place to build a legit team. You are correct. He should really sell the team now and to ownership that promises to keep the team in WNY.

I personally think Wilson is no longer mentally competent to make everday decisions. Who is the voice of the franchise? Nix? Brandon? There is no central leadership and no plan in place to build a legit team. You are correct. He should really sell the team now and to ownership that promises to keep the team in WNY.

And you know this how? Because his football team is losing?

It's all a Master plan by the NFL to make us so sick of this team that we beg them to move LA, where they can all so the back stroke from the money that market will bring.

Ever see Major League? does this in any way feel any different? I'd almost be willing to bet they drive to all their games in a bus from 1963 these days.

I feel like you're right about that. I think they want a season of an empty Ralph Wilson stadium to make it look like the fans don't deserve the franchise anymore.

i never understood the reverence some give to this shyster. he should be treated with contempt... booed at every opportunity. that's the way to dent his overinflated ego. that and maybe a stadium full of mr. burns masks.

Amen to that. I don't wish him dead, just dead to me. The guy is a con man. My kids won't even watch football with their Dad. they think I'm stupid to watch the bills. They are slowly becoming Steeler fans, and I can't really defend myself or the product.

. . . Now his cronies will try to say its to keep it from moving, but no one can keep that from happening and NO buyer is going to put it in their sell contract that they have to keep it here.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82526f1d/article/khan-would-pay-25m-to-exjags-owners-charity-if-team-moves

Part of Wayne Weaver's sale of the Jacksonville Jaguars to Shahid Khan included a clause in which Khan must pay $25 million to the charity of Weaver's choice should he move the team within five years of the purchase date, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204224604577030311626337808.html

Mr. Golisano sold the team earlier this year for about $175 million for what he said was a substantial profit. He said he left the team on solid financial footing and that the new owner is contractually obligated to keep the Sabres in Buffalo.