I'm having a hard time...

You know it sucks watching this team continue to fail year after year. This is the most abusive relationship Ive ever been a part of. But I come back every year because when it finally does happen and we have a great season it will feel so much sweeter.

The first half of this season was the most fun I've had in a long time. I loved every minute of those games. Finally beating the Patriots and in the way we did? Just unreal. I saved my ticket and i was proud to be there. And ill be there every sunday I can because I love it.

I brought my girlfriend to her first game today. I saw how happy it made her to see the stadium loud when we scored, hear the shout song and have a game in the snow. Even tho they played horrible and we lost it was a fun day and fun game. Honestly I wouldn't trade my sundays for anything else. I love it, I love football and I love the Bills. Ill be there on Saturday. If you don't come anymore, I won't try to stop you. These losses hurt more and more every time. i get it. But honestly I feel like you be the one who loses out.

Post of the year right here

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...in trying to talk myself into coming back as a fan of this team next season. I've been a diehard fan since 1988. I've seen a lot of good, but over the course of the last 12 years, seen way more bad. I even promised a boycott for the final three games this year, but I caved and turned the game on today. And guess what happened?...well, you know what happened. If I was the owner of this team, or the GM, I'd really have to put myself in the fans' shoes. What reason do I/we give the great, loyal fan base of the Buffalo Bills to come back next year? Its been 12 years since we've been in the playoffs. We've had one winning season in that span. How in the world do we even get half of the people in the seats at the stadium? Is it REALLY this difficult to build a winner? To get competent and relavant football minds to run this team? To actually sign people who can play and, or more importantly WANT to play here? To actually HIT on a single draft pick?

Guys, this is ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm beating the already perverbial "dead horse" here. But year after year of watching meaningless football into December is wearing on this particular, loyal Bills fan. This year really felt different. Do we really deserve this? Haven't we been through enough? Wide Right...Four Superbowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and now, 12 years and counting without a playoff berth.

We've given so much passion, loyalty and committment to a team that year in and year out gives us virtually nothing in return...

And I just don't know if I can do it again...

Buh Bye :thumbsup:

Sorry, we've decided to use the franchise tag on you, so you're obligated for at least one more year.

You're a horrible GM. You coulda franchised Cablelady, or Chef Jim but you franchised this guy? BOOOOOO!

...in trying to talk myself into coming back as a fan of this team next season. I've been a diehard fan since 1988. I've seen a lot of good, but over the course of the last 12 years, seen way more bad. I even promised a boycott for the final three games this year, but I caved and turned the game on today. And guess what happened?...well, you know what happened. If I was the owner of this team, or the GM, I'd really have to put myself in the fans' shoes. What reason do I/we give the great, loyal fan base of the Buffalo Bills to come back next year? Its been 12 years since we've been in the playoffs. We've had one winning season in that span. How in the world do we even get half of the people in the seats at the stadium? Is it REALLY this difficult to build a winner? To get competent and relavant football minds to run this team? To actually sign people who can play and, or more importantly WANT to play here? To actually HIT on a single draft pick?

Guys, this is ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm beating the already perverbial "dead horse" here. But year after year of watching meaningless football into December is wearing on this particular, loyal Bills fan. This year really felt different. Do we really deserve this? Haven't we been through enough? Wide Right...Four Superbowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and now, 12 years and counting without a playoff berth.

We've given so much passion, loyalty and committment to a team that year in and year out gives us virtually nothing in return...

Sorry man. But don't let the door hit ya...

Is it?

It doesn't always feel like a choice to me because I never consider the other alternative.

I don't know. I am pretty sure there is something in my dna that makes rooting for the bills the only choice. I mean, I would love to jump ship and root for a winner like the packers. Buuut, i just can't. The bills are in my dna and there is no science that can cure me :(

These statements sum it up exactly. I texted my brother during the game today and said, "I wish I didn't like (Buffalo) sports but it's like a horrible addiction that I can't kick and will one day kill me." The Bills and Sabres are slowly sucking the life out of me but I can't quit them. They are ingrained in my very being.

These statements sum it up exactly. I texted my brother during the game today and said, "I wish I didn't like (Buffalo) sports but it's like a horrible addiction that I can't kick and will one day kill me." The Bills and Sabres are slowly sucking the life out of me but I can't quit them. They are ingrained in my very being.

Do you think there's any benefit in all of this suffering?

I sometimes think it's good for the sense of humor and perspective and also, as the German philosopher supposedly said, "That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

I think there must be a silver lining although I'm not convinced of what it is.

I guess I can see how it would give a person greater depth than someone who's a front-running, fair-weather, bandwaggoner fan.

My only thought on this is that when we finally do get there it's gonna be great. I have been through this type of thing in baseball too as I'm a Texas Rangers fan. These last 2 WSs have been really cool since our playoff record before that was 1-9 with a 9 game playoff losing streak.

I sometimes think it's good for the sense of humor and perspective and also, as the German philosopher supposedly said, "That which does not kill me makes me stronger."

I think there must be a silver lining although I'm not convinced of what it is.

I guess I can see how it would give a person greater depth than someone who's a front-running, fair-weather, bandwaggoner fan.

I don't know, Bob. I wish I did. I guess I'm just a masochist. Or a dumbass. Or both. My tag is "Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...". I guess that's why.

As much as Buffalo teams suck (Bills,Sabres) I could never see myself rooting for another team. I've always been a die hard fan no matter what. Some people have 2nd favorite teams but I don't and can't see myself doing that either. It's either Buffalo or nothing and that's the way it will be until the day I die!

I don't know, Bob. I wish I did. I guess I'm just a masochist. Or a dumbass. Or both. My tag is "Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...". I guess that's why.

I hear ya Ray.

Like I said, it doesn't seem like much of a choice.

But I don't view it as unhealthy as an addiction or anything like that, either.

I think I'm also hopeful… for that moment of happiness that may never come.

. . . I think you are looking for "proverbial." As in something that is based on a proverb, or sounds like that kind of handed-down wisdom or fable.

I dont think you mean to suggest that its something done by perverts.

Carry on, sir.

Yeh, I am sure the intent was "proverbial". Even then the term was misused. Many a good argument are lost to poor presentation.

:rolleyes:

. . . I think you are looking for "proverbial." As in something that is based on a proverb, or sounds like that kind of handed-down wisdom or fable.

I dont think you mean to suggest that its something done by perverts.

Carry on, sir.

In this particulate situation, I think "perverbial" might be appropriate usage - - or are you suggesting that normal, well-adjusted people beat dead horses?

what happens when your next team goes through the same thing........If you cant hack it go be one of those Cowboy, Steeler type ban wagon fans. It takes a lot of putting on your big girl panties to be a Bills fan.

Sorry, we've decided to use the franchise tag on you, so you're obligated for at least one more year.

Does that mean he will get paid the average of the top 5 fans, for one year! Franchise me.....puh-leeezzzzeeee! :w00t:

Edited by Buftex

1324271101[/url]' post='2339864']

I don't know. I am pretty sure there is something in my dna that makes rooting for the bills the only choice. I mean, I would love to jump ship and root for a winner like the packers. Buuut, i just can't. The bills are in my dna and there is no science that can cure me :(

OK, I'm going into the nefarious nebula here. I see Bills fandom as religion. Most of us have Western New York ties here, so the Bills & Sabres are our fathers teams. Just as virtually everyone's religion is the religion of their parents, so is team fandom. Just as driving Jesus, Allah, Buddha et al into fertile minds typically expands into a lifetime affiliation, so do all other parental passions. Not in all cases, but undeniably common. A child raised in a religion-less home can and may find a faith in later life, but raised in a 'sports-less' environment, you're not likely to select the Buffalo Bills to be the team you'll follow to your death.

For me, the Bills were born when I was 5, the Sabes when I was 15, so I was present at their inception and yes, they are my father's teams as well -double whammy, I'm doomed for life. But my kids -now adults- continue to question their allegiance to such a morobound franchise, but -sadly, through their father's 'religion', are doomed to a lifetime commitment.

I'm buying my grand kids ONLY what THEY want for Christmas. It took me 2 generations to alter the foibles.

I have been around since 86' or so and I am past done. I haven't bought nor allowed my family to buy for me, anything in years. I refuse to pad Ralph Wilson's pockets. I haven't paid to go to a Bills game in years. I love the TEAM, but can't stand how ownership ruins it.