What is your morale as a Bills fan?

Upbeat: I'm rooting for them to break the broncs and then sweep the postmen. Is there any other acceptable outlook for a fan? I'm looking for the team to send a message that despite injuries and an idiot DC (until today), they're for real.

That message is more important than a few spots up in draft order. A LOT more important.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Upbeat: I'm rooting for them to break the broncs and then sweep the postmen. Is there any other acceptable outlook for a fan? I'm looking for the team to send a message that despite injuries and an idiot DC (until today), they're for real.

That message is more important than a few spots up in draft order. A LOT more important.

Bullspit! These guys don't give a damn if they finish 7-9 or 5-11. If you are sitting at home during the playoffs, the season was a failure.

9-7 over the span of two years....someone is really trying to justify the ineptness of this franchise

To wit on San Jose's point, not every thought that digs deeper than "they suck" is a rationalization.

We all saw the team improve considerably toward the end of 2010 and we all saw some truly inspiring football at the beginning of 2011 before something drastically changed.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

9-7 over the span of two years....someone is really trying to justify the ineptness of this franchise

Don't be an ass. I'm not trying to justify anything. If you read my other posts you know I readily admit the many problems this team has. But it seems schizophrenic to me that they could go 9-7 in 16 consecutive games, and 0-14 in the games before and after that stretch.

A truly pathetic franchise with no hope under its current ownership and front office.

WNY should move on. Stop supporting the team blindly and let them move if that's what they really want to do. Although I dont know where they realistically think they are going to go.

Stop pumping tens of millions of tax payer dollars into RWS so a few thousand people can party 7 Sundays a year. It's simply a waste of public money. The Bills have long ago stopped bringing positive attention (or money) to the region.

The County/State should call RWs bluff. Give them only enough money to keep the stadium safe and then tell them to blow if they dont like it. If the team had a tendency to win, *maybe* you could justify the expenditure. But a team that perpetually loses is ultimately a drain on the economy.

A truly pathetic franchise with no hope under its current ownership and front office.

WNY should move on. Stop supporting the team blindly and let them move if that's what they really want to do. Although I dont know where they realistically think they are going to go.

Stop pumping tens of millions of tax payer dollars into RWS so a few thousand people can party 7 Sundays a year. It's simply a waste of public money. The Bills have long ago stopped bringing positive attention (or money) to the region.

The County/State should call RWs bluff. Give them only enough money to keep the stadium safe and then tell them to blow if they dont like it. If the team had a tendency to win, *maybe* you could justify the expenditure. But a team that perpetually loses is ultimately a drain on the economy.

Yeah I like your thinking man

How anyone can be above despair is beyond me. Fitzpatrick is simply not a quarterback who can lead a team with marginal talent to the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl. In fact, no team with Fitzpatrick at QB could win a Super Bowl, so at best a team with him at the helm can make the playoffs, but that is only if he is surrounded by a hell of a lot more talent than he is ever going to see in Buffalo. Who are the potential Pro Bowlers on this team? Dareus maybe, Jackson, if healthy? Then...

Some one mentioned this is a four to five year process. Good luck with that. Teams don't stay together that long . By the time you get the final pieces of the puzzle in place the first set of pieces is off via free agency or injury or age. The teams that win consistently have great organizations that know good players when they see them and foster an atmosphere that draws in the quality free agents. The knuckleheads at One Bills Drive would have trouble finding their rear ends with two hands and a flashlight. I want to be optimistic, I really do, but as they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 12 friggin years in a row - I'm not that stupid.

I'm angry....

And some part of me actually ENJOYS watching them lose... It's pathetic and sick and I hate it

But the arrogance of this front office to not even conduct a GM search, then to trot out Nix who tells us "you wouldn't beleive some of the names" that wanted the job right before he hires Chan Gailey (a decent OC) as HC....then to try to sell us Trent (that happened but thank God it was short lived) and finally to act like they were smarter than everyone else and that Fitz was a real QB....

Yeah, everyone else in the football world is wrong, and the geniuses at OBD have it right. Sure. How long has it been since the playoffs again?

What a joke. I just can't stand them right now...

So what about the Bills team that, in the 16 games from the middle of last season to the middle of this one, went 9-7? Was that a complete mirage?

So many factors... but it is REALLY strange, I do agree with that...

One would think that it would be less streaky in terms of W/L

Post of the week.

I allowed myself during the beginning of the Jauron years, and during the beginning of Malarky years (although, I really didn't like him much at all) to be excited about what we might do - I mean, I started watching the Bills when they were just getting good during the late 80's. But, it's been almost 25 years of being a Bills fan, and every year has brought me closer to here - I don't trust the Bills organization. I am, in fact, opposed to the Bills organization philosophically.

I expect any competitive sport/league/activity - especially one like the NFL, which pulls so much money and influence from people - hard earned money, tax dollars, etc. - to behave in a certain way, a sort of darwinian way. I think you manage your resources towards identifying successful pieces to the puzzle, and you put together as many successful pieces as you can, with the money you have, all the while always trying to improve - always moving and working 100% towards one goal - excellence. I respect teams that go for it - teams like Philly, although they've proven that it isn't all about throwing money at the problem; still, you've got to use money for what it is - a resource. Teams like the Patriots - I hate them for being in my division, but I respect their efforts, continual and against many odds, to be great.

We lack the drive to greatness in Buffalo. Ralph Wilson isn't trying to make the Buffalo Bills the greatest team he can, let alone the greatest team that ever was. Can you imagine a new owner going up to the podium, during the presser, and saying "I will not spend as much as I can on this team, nor will I pursue the most expensive coaches, nor will I rely on the wisdom of the best personnel men. If we're going to win, it is going to be against those odds." No! You expect an owner to be like the Sabres new owner - to come out and say, "I'm going to make winning our top priority, and we're going to expend every resource available to do so!"

So, how can we be anything but ambivalent towards the Bills? I've tried to take a real interest in other teams that I admired philosophically - I can't. I'm stuck following the Bills or no team. But, I think the organization is garbage, the owner is foolish and cheap, and I only hope we, the fans, get to one day experience an ownership the likes of Pegula. Until then, I have lost any hope for us being really good - I just take a wait and see approach. I know I'm not an expert, so I'll sit back and watch, but I don't expect us to be good anymore.

Edited by sllib olaffub

You are one smart dude. I feel the same way about OBD. In a way I do feel that this franchise deserves to lose based on the dumb moves of the front office.

I'm angry....

And some part of me actually ENJOYS watching them lose... It's pathetic and sick and I hate it

But the arrogance of this front office to not even conduct a GM search, then to trot out Nix who tells us "you wouldn't beleive some of the names" that wanted the job right before he hires Chan Gailey (a decent OC) as HC....then to try to sell us Trent (that happened but thank God it was short lived) and finally to act like they were smarter than everyone else and that Fitz was a real QB....

Yeah, everyone else in the football world is wrong, and the geniuses at OBD have it right. Sure. How long has it been since the playoffs again?

What a joke. I just can't stand them right now...

So many factors... but it is REALLY strange, I do agree with that...

One would think that it would be less streaky in terms of W/L

Face it we are all mad right now with this game fresh in our minds. It is Groundhog Day yet again. But in the end we are all here because we love the Bills. The excitement at the beginning of the year was awesome. Can they capture that next year with many players back from injury, a group that works together in the offseason?

In terms of Fitz I think the next two games will say a lot. He has had a couple of terrible games back to back. In terms of his contract, that is the going rate for the mid tier QBs. Face it people he is in the Kolb, Flacco, Hasselback, Cassell, etc.... That is what those guys make. I think the team does him and the entire team a favor by going with a more balanced attack and quit trying to think you are going to win with constant 4 and 5 WR formations and win with his arm. He has many intangibles that you will not find with alot of other guys and the Bills players love the guy and love playing for him. Get a defense, re-sign Stevie and Fred Jackson and get the injured guys healthy. I am not delusional enough to think they will sign any big free agents. Hopefully when healthy, with a better D they will be competitive again next year.

One major positive from today was that they continued to fight and play and somehow when Miami knew they were passing and Ruval Martin was the number one WR they made plays and were mounting a comeback. Fitz played a great 4th quarter so hopefully he can use that for some confidence in the last two games.

Low but this is the time of year you can start to begin to imagine a different Bills team in 2012. I have zero expectations for the last two games. So I can just accept our draft position improves each week, and yeah, I would be rather drafting higher with this front office. So enjoy the holidays and watch the bowl games. Watch the games of the best college OLBs, OTs, QBs, WRs, think about free agents.

Chan and Nix are going to get 3 seasons. I think the 2011 draft is way better than the 2010 draft. I think you could tell the changes in the scouting department. Dareus is the real deal, Williams looks like a solid starter who's going to improve, the corner Rodgers is really showing some stuff lately, Shep Im not sure about. Where the guys from the 2010 draft after Spiller havent made much progress from their rookie years(Troup, Batten, Moats, Carrington, etc). The Bills need depth by getting about 5 starters in the off season, and guys we presently have starting should be backups. We need a 2009 draft where we hit on the first rounder too. If the Bills have multiple picks in the 4th and 5th, I can see them making moves up to get more picks in this first 3 rounds. Add that with one free agent that can start, better luck with injuries, a new defensive coordinator, yeah I got some hope for next year.