What did Jim Kelly say to Fitz on the sideline today?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

Although I would have enjoyed seeing OJ try to give Kelly a pep talk. "Throw another interception, and I'll !@#$ing cut you, B word!"

Kelly's never been one to "know his place", so to speak. Always has to be in the middle of things.

Kelly didn't need that from some former player, he would get it from a coach or teamate. Fitz needs someone saying something to him. The Coaches are not. The other players are not. Time for some leadership. It's more an indictment of the current team and coaching staff that Kelly has to do this than it is belittling to Fitz.

Agreed. It is more embarrassing that a guy that played for us 10 years ago is more into the Bills turning this SH&* around than the Bills are. I'm not saying these guys don't work hard and play hard but there's no competitive fire. I think Kelly should be on the sideline every game. Everyone seems so nonchalant. It sucks as a fan to lose so many games and genuinely feel that the other team just wanted it more.

What do you think it accomplished? Did he lead a comeback after JK's stirring words of encouragement?

And do you really think that no one else on the team offers him encouragement? That's silly, I'm sure that all throughout these 7 games there have been all kinds of words of encouragement for him. It won't make him any better at this point. Get real, the season is done, and he might well be looking at the end of his career as a starting QB.

"get your head out of your ass. no sorry. that wouldnt fit"

or

"im riiiich B word" (for any dave chappelle fans out there)

Although I would have enjoyed seeing OJ try to give Kelly a pep talk. "Throw another interception, and I'll !@#$ing cut you, B word!"

Kelly's never been one to "know his place", so to speak. Always has to be in the middle of things.

how do you know oj didnt say that????

Shave your damn beard, it's over!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He was trying to see what time the game was gonna end cuz Fitz is the QB in his little league... Buffalo News reported Jim Kelly said "Come on Fitz you're hiking the ball too quick, hold on to it til there's one second left cuz we gotta real game to get to"...

1324247821[/url]' post='2339241']

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

And he desrves to be belittled. Stop crying. Players need to be accountable for their bad play. We lack leadership from the players. We lack leadership from coaches. We lack leadership from the owner. Seems like Jim is one of the only "bills" who give a flyn ****. Looking at fitz in games, on the sideline, in his pressers, he is just so down and depressed, it's to the point where he's given up.

I applaud Jim for still caring so much about the team we love so much.

And he desrves to be belittled. Stop crying. Players need to be accountable for their bad play. We lack leadership from the players. We lack leadership from coaches. We lack leadership from the owner. Seems like Jim is one of the only "bills" who give a flyn ****. Looking at fitz in games, on the sideline, in his pressers, he is just so down and depressed, it's to the point where he's given up.

I applaud Jim for still caring so much about the team we love so much.

Which one is it? Fitz needs encouragement, or belittling? Or maybe inadvertent belittling by way of encouragement?

I have seen lots of encouraging happening between players on terrible teams. They still sucked. Hollow words of encouragement aren't real effective.

I think the main thing the team lacks is talented players and coaches.

Nonsense!

I'm not the only one that thought it was out of line.

It sure looked belittling to me. And again, Jim Kelly wouldn't have appreciated that kind of thing from some former player in a similar situation.

As far as Fitz needing encouragement (so you at least agree that that's what Kelly was doing, some here think it is presumptuous to assume that is what was going on), I don't believe anything that could be said was going to help. After the game, that's when he can do that. Not on national television, and in front of fans.

How the hell would you know what Jim Kelly would or would not appreciate? And because you and some other people share the same wrong opinion doesn't make it any more right.

1324420710[/url]' post='2341556']

Which one is it? Fitz needs encouragement, or belittling? Or maybe inadvertent belittling by way of encouragement?

I have seen lots of encouraging happening between players on terrible teams. They still sucked. Hollow words of encouragement aren't real effective.

I think the main thing the team lacks is talented players and coaches.

He doesn't need either. Like the rest of the team, Fitz needs more talent.