Jerry Sullivan Says Bills WON'T Go After a QB in the Draf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of his recent columns was a regurgitation of all the topics on the first page of TSW.

There's no doubt he lurks here, IMO.

It'd be silly not to peek in from time to time. Honestly would be smart to have an account to name drop himself. Helps gauge what topics fans are most passionate about (I know I'm still shocked what gains traction here sometimes) and expose his name to out of towners for Internet streaming.

It'd be silly not to peek in from time to time. Honestly would be smart to have an account to name drop himself. Helps gauge what topics fans are most passionate about (I know I'm still shocked what gains traction here sometimes) and expose his name to out of towners for Internet streaming.

Certainly if I worked in the business, I'd be at the very least, lurking in fan forums.

Personally I think it's the due diligence that any sports media type should perform.

There's an arrogance to the thinking that they would have nothing to benefit by lurking, IMO.

It's a direct finger on the pulse to the what the serious sports fan is thinking and talking about.

If RGIII is there they probably take him as he is a special talent, if not then go defense as there are sooooo many needs on this team. They need two more impact players on the front seven. They need a quality WR and then let's see where we are with a full complement of players returning from injury.

I don't know how anyone can think we don't need a QB. Watching this season play out and looking over the career of Fitzpatrick, he is nothing more than an average backup QB. I hope 1 of the big 3 are still available for the Bills to pick.

Just because there are sooo many holes to fill and realistically when you take the whole season into consideration Fitx can be a good QB if he plays ona good team. Meaning when he does not have to put up 30 points a game because the defense is so bad and when he actually has some NFL quality receivers to throw to you cannot deny he would be better. Obviously if Luck or RGIII are there you take them but I do not see them being around ten where the Bills pick as they should go in the top 5.

And for those that say we have other needs and that a QB can wait, Do you even watch this league? Its a QB league now, some of the top teams in each conference are teams with the worst defences. NE is leading the AFC with one of the worst defences, and Green bay is leading the league without a loss in over a year with the worst defence statistically. What do both of those teams have, FRANCHISE QBs. Having a bad defence isn't an issue, if you have a competent offence that will get the points back that your defence might give up, A great offence can mask a very poor defence becuase the most important part of winning, IS SCORING POINTS, the offences #1 job. Look at the start of the year when the Bills were leading the AFC East, they had the same defence, but they had an offence that was actually a threat to come back and score points when the opponent scored. The offence struggles to score and the Death spiral begins for the team

Yeah that's not entirely true though. You just picked two of the best QBs in the league so it's not a stretch to see how they overcome bad defenses. Also it should be noted that the Packers D gets a huge amount of takeaways, which is in invaluable to a team.

Look at other top teams this year...Alex Smith is mediocre and pretty much never puts up big points. He's surrounded by a great run game and top defense, he just needs to manage the game and not make poor decisions. Before the NE game, Tebow was 6-1 with the Broncos, yet for 3 quarters every game he was terrible. Some of his stat lines were staggeringly bad, as he was lucky to hit a few passes a game. The thing is their D kept them in it, so despite a horrible performance, he always had a chance to win the game at the end with a solid drive or two. When the Bills D gives up 3-4 touchdowns like nothing in the first half, Fitz is forced to try and be Aaron Rodgers and score on every drive to have any chance of even being somewhat in the game. Very few QBs can do that...Fitz actually showed he could early in the season, unfortunately he just couldn't keep it up cause he's really not the type of QB who should throw 40 times a game. Another example is the Ravens, as they're a top team and Flacco - while good - isn't the reason they've been winning.

All I'm saying is if our D wasn't awful and could perform like those teams, Fitz would have a much better chance at winning, like the aforementioned Alex Smith, or Tebow. He's just being asked to shoulder way more then he should. I do think we should take a QB though if we have a shot at a decent one. Fitz is too inconsistent, and although he could be a fine game manager he just doesn't have the team around him to do so.

A QB is definitely coming. Not in the first or second round but thereafter. They wanted one last season and it didn't fall for them. What has happened this year will only serve to increase their resolve to get one.

Edited by vincec

One thing getting missed in all of this.....regardless of how they feel about Fitz...the BACKUP QB Thigpen has been flat out aweful.

I wonder if they might take that route should we draft low enough to get RG3......with the billing that Fitz is the man but if he goes down we are screwed.

Then Fitz caretakes for a couple of years while RG3 is groomed....or if Fitz flat out sucks then RG3 is inserted.

Either way.....QB is NOT our only problem.....we have the worst linebacking core in the league

I have hopes for Aaron Williams and Justin Rogers as corners.....but we still need a LOT of secondary help.