Second suicide by train on my street in roughly a week...

boyst

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love seeing the Jets and Cowboys lose :D Hell with the Bills. Jets are getting bashed! :beer:

What I really want is for the Pack to go 19-0 to stick it to Mercury Morris and the rest of those '72 Dolphins! And, this time I don't have to root for one evil empire to pass the old evil empire.

What I really want is for the Pack to go 19-0 to stick it to Mercury Morris and the rest of those '72 Dolphins! And, this time I don't have to root for one evil empire to pass the old evil empire.

Yeah I really want all those "perfect season" oldsters to shut up. No free agency, knocking down WR's anywhere on the field OK, average OT was what, 230? Their SB line up would be lucky to win a pre-season game today against the Colts.

Except of course Cosnka who has done lots of cool Alaska stuff :thumbsup:

Yeah I really want all those "perfect season" oldsters to shut up. No free agency, knocking down WR's anywhere on the field OK, average OT was what, 230? Their SB line up would be lucky to win a pre-season game today against the Colts.

Except of course Cosnka who has done lots of cool Alaska stuff :thumbsup:

They had a super weak schedule. Possibly the weakest or 2nd weakest of all time? They didn't play a single playoff team and they beat the Bills by only a point or two.

My brother in law is a train engineer. He works the eastern corridor. The Philly area is really bad for walk in fronts. Singles or even couples holding hands walking right in front of trains. If it happens, the engineer is told to stay on the train. Usually the engineer is emotionial wrecked and are assigned other less stressful duties like working the yard.

Really glad that you made it through that. Didn't that gorge claim a number of lives a few years ago? I remember hearing a lot about it when I was in college back in the Stone Ages.

Thank you.

And yes, you can count on a couple jumpers every year. In the 2009-2010 school year, there was a glut of them and the university installed high black fences on the bridges. The townies HATE the fences because they're an eye sore (and I'm also convinced that many of them hate the students to the extent that they aren't disturbed by the jumper stories).

Well I stand corrected, never having known anyone who committed suicide. But I always considered "the type" someone who has lost interest in everything they loved to do, and never really seems interested in anything anymore.

This often is the case, but people can also be pretty adept at faking happiness to keep up appearances. Changes in behavior occur, but they don't always become overtly withdrawn.

About 4 years ago when I was a college freshman, I ran into some trouble. Pre-existing social anxiety/avoidance issues prevented me from seeking help and it almost came to the worst. Once, I found myself quite literally on a ledge (a gorge, as it were), considering the leap. After that, I finally called my sister. My family and close friends were all incredibly supportive. I got the necessary help (no medication) and I've been a content person since - not without problems, but they won't cripple me again.

In retrospect, it seems so dumb. I'm a very fortunate person in a myriad of ways. Thing is, you can't think logically like that when you're in the depths of it.

I was kind of hoping for a story about your lentil phase. Anyway, I'd guess that most people find themselves at that point at some time or another. Maybe not to the point where they're actually on the edge, but at least having the thoughts pop up.

Well I stand corrected, never having known anyone who committed suicide. But I always considered "the type" someone who has lost interest in everything they loved to do, and never really seems interested in anything anymore.

Well...yeah. That's called "clinical depression".

Just a follow up. After 3 or 4 hours of searching no body was found, only a little bit of deer hair. The conductor had hit 5 people prior to two weeks ago, this is the same conductor as the incident a few weeks ago. He called 9-1-1 dispatch saying a female had been laying on the tracks. Thankfully, no one was injured but this does not lessen the important of the message.

Thank you.

And yes, you can count on a couple jumpers every year. In the 2009-2010 school year, there was a glut of them and the university installed high black fences on the bridges. The townies HATE the fences because they're an eye sore (and I'm also convinced that many of them hate the students to the extent that they aren't disturbed by the jumper stories).

I know that feeling. At Bona, I'm sure the townies would have loved to build a gorge just to thin out the student population.

Didn't the Bills lose to the Dolphins by 1 point back in 1972? ONE POINT @ the Orange Bowl to boot!

:wallbash:

Just a follow up. After 3 or 4 hours of searching no body was found, only a little bit of deer hair. The conductor had hit 5 people prior to two weeks ago, this is the same conductor as the incident a few weeks ago. He called 9-1-1 dispatch saying a female had been laying on the tracks. Thankfully, no one was injured but this does not lessen the important of the message.

Not to sound cold. I suppose walking into a train is a quick way to go!

One movie comes quickly to mind:

Distant Thunder

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The GG Bridge gets that many a month. They've wanted to put barries on the bridge.

Yeah, like that's really going to work........Somebody is going to say, you know, I was going to kill myself, but damn, these strawbarries are so delicous.