This off season free agents

Why do you people torture yourselves? This team isn't going to sign anybody o consequence.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. What big name free agents did we sign this year? Brad Smith (waste of money) and Nick Barnett (nice pick-up). How about the year before? Cornell Green, Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards. How about the year before that? Drayton Florence? (I'm doing this from memory, can't go back that far.) I've love to see the Bills go after someone like Vincent Jackson and free them from having to draft a wide receiver but it never, ever happens. Ever.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about josh scobie??? we need a GOOD kicker.too bad coaches cant be free agents,sign wade back

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. What big name free agents did we sign this year? Brad Smith (waste of money) and Nick Barnett (nice pick-up). How about the year before? Cornell Green, Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards. How about the year before that? Drayton Florence? (I'm doing this from memory, can't go back that far.) I've love to see the Bills go after someone like Vincent Jackson and free them from having to draft a wide receiver but it never, ever happens. Ever.

we do go after big names.we bring them in and take them to dinner and insult them with a league minimum salary.then they leave.

Why do you people torture yourselves? This team isn't going to sign anybody o consequence.

No kidding. It remains an exercise in futility, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did less than in previous years with season ticket sales probably declining significantly.

2009 UFA: Drayton Florence, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrell Owens, and Geoff Hangartner. I'd argue they're spending less in UFA each year.

I think we have about 5-6 starters from FA which to me seems pretty significant. Florence, Merriman, Pears, Fitzpatrick, D Edwards, Barnett. Or are facts ruining our argument....? :unsure:

Merriman was picked up off waivers. Pears was a street FA signed late in 2010. These acquisitions are very much different than signing someone off the open market during the first 2 weeks of free agency when the new league year starts.

Merriman was picked up off waivers. Pears was a street FA signed late in 2010. These acquisitions are very much different than signing someone off the open market during the first 2 weeks of free agency when the new league year starts.

Oh, only the first 2 weeks count?

I doubt it. Didn't the owners get a rookie salary cap with the new agreement?

What?

The new CBA has a rookie wage pool, not really a cap, but we're getting into semantics.

This past draft class was the first to be signed under the new rules. Newton's entire contract ($22mil) was half of Stafford's signing bonus from 2009 ($72mil, $42 guaranteed).

So you can expect rookie contracts to be similar to last year's. Maybe a little higher as the cap and pool numbers go up.

Sure there is, but you don't think he's isn't the #1 priority for the Texans? I just don't think he'll make it to the free agent market.

I'd be shocked. He's going to possibly be the richest defender in the NFL - you don't give that to a guy 6 games into his career at OLB, you give it to a probowl 43 end. He and the texans both know it. Maybe they franchise him but he knows what he's worth on the market playing his natural position.

No kidding. It remains an exercise in futility, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did less than in previous years with season ticket sales probably declining significantly.

2009 UFA: Drayton Florence, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrell Owens, and Geoff Hangartner. I'd argue they're spending less in UFA each year.

It doesn't help that while other GM's are chartering private Jets around the country with Champagne and hookers at the stroke of midnight on the first day of free agency to try and land a prized free agent, Buddy admits to being home sleeping. What an arrogant prick. It's that same kind of arrogance that enabled him to draft Torell Troup over, the, I don't know, 100 other players that were, by consensus, thought to be better football players than the second team Conference USA defensive tackle.

What?

The new CBA has a rookie wage pool, not really a cap, but we're getting into semantics.

This past draft class was the first to be signed under the new rules. Newton's entire contract ($22mil) was half of Stafford's signing bonus from 2009 ($72mil, $42 guaranteed).

So you can expect rookie contracts to be similar to last year's. Maybe a little higher as the cap and pool numbers go up.

My bad. I missed the not in your original post.

It doesn't help that while other GM's are chartering private Jets around the country with Champagne and hookers at the stroke of midnight on the first day of free agency to try and land a prized free agent, Buddy admits to being home sleeping. What an arrogant prick. It's that same kind of arrogance that enabled him to draft Torell Troup over, the, I don't know, 100 other players that were, by consensus, thought to be better football players than the second team Conference USA defensive tackle.

and nix buddy and gailey all share 1 horse

your Top 3 free agents for the bill this off season. realistically brees being the franchise guy and foster being restricted is out of the question. mario williams is also out for now i would be shocked if he went anywhere.

free agents link

mine are

1.)Robert Mathis-would be a team turn around pick up. Colts are also broke..draft luck....trade manning to free up money...

2.)Dwayne Bowe-one of the things that i felt we needed this year the most on offense was that big go get it type of guy. i saw a little of it in nelson but bowe would be a great pick up especially if fitz continues to struggle with the deep ball.

3.)Dan Connor-good value pick that i could see the bills picking up to help out.

That will definitivelly happen as the Bills spend on some serious money on free agents that make them competitive every year.